Any truth to Mr. Chang's perspecptive?

Options
Rasta.
Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
Asian Interviewer: "Can you address their concerns Mr. Chang?"

MR. CHANG: "The concerns of Black People? Yes I can. The fact is, that we all live under a system of White Supremacy. We Asian people look back at our long history of conflict with the European. We observe their strategies and develop our own, in response and in kind. There's no need for loud mass movements on our part, because we intend to overtake them in time, through action and personal sacrifice".

Asian Interviewer: "And the Black man?"

MR. CHANG: "He does not count into our situation. He is simply here. We do not hate the Black man. We just love the Asian man the most. Real love--not cliche. We want to see the Asian man happy, o we employ him. We eat together, we spend time with each other. We want his kids to be educated, so we invest in our own schools that offer our children the technical abilities to change the World's power structure in our favor. We want to see the Asian man safe, so we purchase and organize our own communities. We want him to remain Asian, so we reduce the outside influence of others ideologies and cultures. While he fought to sniff behind the White man, the Black man has had the opportunity and every right in the world to do the same, but he chooses to indict people like me for not hiring him over my own brothers. For me to do this would be foolish and that would not be Asian love. In contrast, the Black man will fight for the right to be under everyone else other than other Black people who he should feel the most love for. If our indifference to their situation make us racist, then what would you call the Black man's indifference to his own situation?
«1

Comments

  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @jono‌
    @Darxwell‌
    @‌zombie

    Any truth or just hasty generalizations?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Powerful stuff, I agree as well, although African Americans to be fair were not dealt the best hand in this country. Who is this Mr. Chang though?

    Black people need to create more jobs and opportunities for each other and stop whining to the White man about employment opportunities. Booker T Washington said this as well and I've always agreed with him on this, many Blacks know this. If one isn't willing to further one's education in a changing economy, then efforts have to be made to help employ other Black folk or create opportunities for them. I'm grateful I've been able to do a bit of both. Whining about the White man all the time isn't solving the problem, making proactive choices to help one another does.

    I see Africans coming into this country and doing this, same with Caribbeans. More African Americans have to do the same and definitely have to take education more seriously.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to see a source to this
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I need to see a source to this

    Culled from Dr. Farrah Gray
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "He's absolutely spot on! We don't respect ourselves as Black people, we have no love for each other. A Black man will kiss his white supervisors' ass in a split 2nd, but will have an attitude with a black supervisor. We are our own worst enemy, pull him down mentality cos every black man thinks they know more than the next black man. We can't put our head together and do anything"-A Friend's view
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , what Asian man is this? That might be how those fresh off the boat Asians think. These Asians that have been raised in America will ? all over other Asians for a little love from the White man.

    Asians do support their own community, but let's not act like they ain't out there working for and under the White Man too.
  • Shawn_Michaels
    Shawn_Michaels Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    A black man wrote this and the man is Sony CEO I believe, he is Japanese.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ? , what Asian man is this? That might be how those fresh off the boat Asians think. These Asians that have been raised in America will ? all over other Asians for a little love from the White man.

    Asians do support their own community, but let's not act like they ain't out there working for and under the White Man too.

    That's a good point....the Asians who work for the White man just have better paying jobs a lot of times (due to education). They support and build up their communities more then Blacks do though, and they take education way more seriously then we do. While Blacks slack off in class, Asians put off weekends and study their ? off. I saw it over and over again in high school and college. The valedictorian in my high school was Black though (same as in my elementary school), so I know the potential for us is there, we just gotta strive harder.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A black man wrote this and the man is Sony CEO I believe, he is Japanese.

    I'm confused....Mr. Chang is a Black Japanese guy?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Interviewer: "And the Black man?"


    MR. CHANG: "He does not count into our situation. He is simply here. We do not hate the Black man. We just love the Asian man the most. Real love--not cliche. We want to see the Asian man happy, o we employ him. We eat together, we spend time with each other. We want his kids to be educated, so we invest in our own schools that offer our children the technical abilities to change the World's power structure in our favor. We want to see the Asian man safe, so we purchase and organize our own communities. We want him to remain Asian, so we reduce the outside influence of others ideologies and cultures.

    If a ? says this, he is a radical racist black militant
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ? , what Asian man is this? That might be how those fresh off the boat Asians think. These Asians that have been raised in America will ? all over other Asians for a little love from the White man.

    This applies to everyone that claims America over their true nationality. Some people stay true to their roots, others are in love with the American Dream consumerism society that the white man has created after obliterating the native population.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more I think about this, the more I realize you're an idiot if you agree with this dude. I think it's time to undo some of this revisionist history.

    A lot of non-African Americans as well as some of the stupid black people on this site seem to think Black people came out of slavery begging to suck from the white man's ? . That's not true. Go read up on Reconstruction and the time after the Civil War. It was a bad time for Black's but there still were blacks who started businesses and attempted to build communities just like every other group in this country. So what happened?

    http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/04/8-successful-aspiring-black-communities-destroyed-white-neighbors/

    There was never a Asian Wallstreet in this country. Make no mistake Blacks have built self sufficient communities in this country, and those communites have reached levels beyond what other minorities have done, but whenever they got to a certain level, Whites destroyed them. It's easy for Asians bash us when for the most part the White Man has let them have their dry cleaners and restaurants and mini marts and left them alone. What would they be saying if every time a Chinatown arose, Whites mobbed up and burned it to the ground. Do you think they would have continued to go that route, or do you think they would have tried to change the system so that ? like that couldn't go down?

    See a lot of fools try to boil the Civil Rights Movement down to water fountains, bathrooms, and buses, but it wasn't just about that. The Civil Rights movement was also about obtaining rights that Blacks were being denied and changing the culture of America enough so that the blatant attacks on Blacks in this country would not be tolerated. It doesn't matter how much Blacks built self sufficient communities. We never would have made it anywhere if people could continue to destroy our communities without fear of reprisal. We'd always be hampered, if politicians could just continue to make twisted laws solely for the purpose of keeping Blacks down. Regardless, of what you think about the Civil Rights Movement, there are things it accomplished that had to be gained as long as Blacks planned on living in this country.

    Aside from that, the real reason people cosigning this dude are idiots, is that Asians aren't nearly as self sufficient as this guy would have you believe. Not all Asians work in family owned businesses. A lot of them work for big companies and corporations owned by white people. They might funnel a lot of that money back into the Asian community, but they are still depending on White people for their success. And how many of these Asian owned businesses serve only the Asian community? How many Asian restaurants, dry cleaners, nail salons, black hair supply stores, discount clothing stores, massage parlors, etc... are self contained within the Asian community? Hardly any. Hell, I'm willing to bet that most of their successful businesses make a lot of money off Black people. So you guys are basically applauding this dude for justifying the fact that he doesn't give a ? about the plight of Black people because he loves his people even though his people's success is predicated to some degree on the status of Black people. That's ? .

    And you say this clown is right when he characterizes the Civil Rights Movement and efforts Blacks have made as begging the white man to eat at the white man's table. That's ? . Asian people benefitted from the Civil Rights Movement just as much as we do. Hell, they brag about how they go to college, but seem to forget they couldn't even do that if not for the Civil Rights Movement. Blacks made HBCUs. How man HBAUs are there? So our people fought for the rights that we deserve as citizens in this country, a country that was built on our ancestors' backs and ya'll applaud someone for ? on those efforts all while his community has been built up largely because the white man was so busy attacking us that he didn't even pay attention to them. They were able to reap all the benefits of our work without suffering any of the sacrifices, and now they bash us for putting in that work.

    And I know I know, titanograph, but this ? has to be said, because too many other races are saying ? like this and its ridiculous when black people basically agree with this disrespectful ? .
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The more I think about this, the more I realize you're an idiot if you agree with this dude. I think it's time to undo some of this revisionist history.

    A lot of non-African Americans as well as some of the stupid black people on this site seem to think Black people came out of slavery begging to suck from the white man's ? . That's not true. Go read up on Reconstruction and the time after the Civil War. It was a bad time for Black's but there still were blacks who started businesses and attempted to build communities just like every other group in this country. So what happened?

    http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/04/8-successful-aspiring-black-communities-destroyed-white-neighbors/

    There was never a Asian Wallstreet in this country. Make no mistake Blacks have built self sufficient communities in this country, and those communites have reached levels beyond what other minorities have done, but whenever they got to a certain level, Whites destroyed them. It's easy for Asians bash us when for the most part the White Man has let them have their dry cleaners and restaurants and mini marts and left them alone. What would they be saying if every time a Chinatown arose, Whites mobbed up and burned it to the ground. Do you think they would have continued to go that route, or do you think they would have tried to change the system so that ? like that couldn't go down?

    See a lot of fools try to boil the Civil Rights Movement down to water fountains, bathrooms, and buses, but it wasn't just about that. The Civil Rights movement was also about obtaining rights that Blacks were being denied and changing the culture of America enough so that the blatant attacks on Blacks in this country would not be tolerated. It doesn't matter how much Blacks built self sufficient communities. We never would have made it anywhere if people could continue to destroy our communities without fear of reprisal. We'd always be hampered, if politicians could just continue to make twisted laws solely for the purpose of keeping Blacks down. Regardless, of what you think about the Civil Rights Movement, there are things it accomplished that had to be gained as long as Blacks planned on living in this country.

    Aside from that, the real reason people cosigning this dude are idiots, is that Asians aren't nearly as self sufficient as this guy would have you believe. Not all Asians work in family owned businesses. A lot of them work for big companies and corporations owned by white people. They might funnel a lot of that money back into the Asian community, but they are still depending on White people for their success. And how many of these Asian owned businesses serve only the Asian community? How many Asian restaurants, dry cleaners, nail salons, black hair supply stores, discount clothing stores, massage parlors, etc... are self contained within the Asian community? Hardly any. Hell, I'm willing to bet that most of their successful businesses make a lot of money off Black people. So you guys are basically applauding this dude for justifying the fact that he doesn't give a ? about the plight of Black people because he loves his people even though his people's success is predicated to some degree on the status of Black people. That's ? .

    And you say this clown is right when he characterizes the Civil Rights Movement and efforts Blacks have made as begging the white man to eat at the white man's table. That's ? . Asian people benefitted from the Civil Rights Movement just as much as we do. Hell, they brag about how they go to college, but seem to forget they couldn't even do that if not for the Civil Rights Movement. Blacks made HBCUs. How man HBAUs are there? So our people fought for the rights that we deserve as citizens in this country, a country that was built on our ancestors' backs and ya'll applaud someone for ? on those efforts all while his community has been built up largely because the white man was so busy attacking us that he didn't even pay attention to them. They were able to reap all the benefits of our work without suffering any of the sacrifices, and now they bash us for putting in that work.

    And I know I know, titanograph, but this ? has to be said, because too many other races are saying ? like this and its ridiculous when black people basically agree with this disrespectful ? .

    all those words and you say nothing. we are not talking about what blacks did after reconstruction you missed the whole ? point that the ? was making.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The civil rights movement was turned against the interest of black people it helped other people more than it did us. You don't need an asian wall street when there is a ? china town in every city. The purpose of starting black business is not to only serve your community that would be ? stupid for any minority. It's to hire your own people and take money from others and invest it in your people.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The more I think about this, the more I realize you're an idiot if you agree with this dude. I think it's time to undo some of this revisionist history.

    A lot of non-African Americans as well as some of the stupid black people on this site seem to think Black people came out of slavery begging to suck from the white man's ? . That's not true. Go read up on Reconstruction and the time after the Civil War. It was a bad time for Black's but there still were blacks who started businesses and attempted to build communities just like every other group in this country. So what happened?

    http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/04/8-successful-aspiring-black-communities-destroyed-white-neighbors/

    There was never a Asian Wallstreet in this country. Make no mistake Blacks have built self sufficient communities in this country, and those communites have reached levels beyond what other minorities have done, but whenever they got to a certain level, Whites destroyed them. It's easy for Asians bash us when for the most part the White Man has let them have their dry cleaners and restaurants and mini marts and left them alone. What would they be saying if every time a Chinatown arose, Whites mobbed up and burned it to the ground. Do you think they would have continued to go that route, or do you think they would have tried to change the system so that ? like that couldn't go down?

    See a lot of fools try to boil the Civil Rights Movement down to water fountains, bathrooms, and buses, but it wasn't just about that. The Civil Rights movement was also about obtaining rights that Blacks were being denied and changing the culture of America enough so that the blatant attacks on Blacks in this country would not be tolerated. It doesn't matter how much Blacks built self sufficient communities. We never would have made it anywhere if people could continue to destroy our communities without fear of reprisal. We'd always be hampered, if politicians could just continue to make twisted laws solely for the purpose of keeping Blacks down. Regardless, of what you think about the Civil Rights Movement, there are things it accomplished that had to be gained as long as Blacks planned on living in this country.

    Aside from that, the real reason people cosigning this dude are idiots, is that Asians aren't nearly as self sufficient as this guy would have you believe. Not all Asians work in family owned businesses. A lot of them work for big companies and corporations owned by white people. They might funnel a lot of that money back into the Asian community, but they are still depending on White people for their success. And how many of these Asian owned businesses serve only the Asian community? How many Asian restaurants, dry cleaners, nail salons, black hair supply stores, discount clothing stores, massage parlors, etc... are self contained within the Asian community? Hardly any. Hell, I'm willing to bet that most of their successful businesses make a lot of money off Black people. So you guys are basically applauding this dude for justifying the fact that he doesn't give a ? about the plight of Black people because he loves his people even though his people's success is predicated to some degree on the status of Black people. That's ? .

    And you say this clown is right when he characterizes the Civil Rights Movement and efforts Blacks have made as begging the white man to eat at the white man's table. That's ? . Asian people benefitted from the Civil Rights Movement just as much as we do. Hell, they brag about how they go to college, but seem to forget they couldn't even do that if not for the Civil Rights Movement. Blacks made HBCUs. How man HBAUs are there? So our people fought for the rights that we deserve as citizens in this country, a country that was built on our ancestors' backs and ya'll applaud someone for ? on those efforts all while his community has been built up largely because the white man was so busy attacking us that he didn't even pay attention to them. They were able to reap all the benefits of our work without suffering any of the sacrifices, and now they bash us for putting in that work.

    And I know I know, titanograph, but this ? has to be said, because too many other races are saying ? like this and its ridiculous when black people basically agree with this disrespectful ? .

    all those words and you say nothing. we are not talking about what blacks did after reconstruction you missed the whole ? point that the ? was making.

    Of course, you'd agree with him because his point is in line with what you believe. That doesn't change that what he's saying is ? . His point boils down to Asians being better off because they don't cow tow to the white man like Blacks. Instead, they concern themselves with their own people and support their own community unlike Blacks who in his opinion will sacrifice their own community in order to be given favor by the White community.

    Once again. That's ? . And apparently all my words went over your head, so let me simplify. 1) He's full of ? because Asians are just as quick to try and sit at the white man's table as Blacks and 2) It's disrespectful to characterize the Civil Rights Movement as begging the White man especially when they benefit from the movement just as much as we do. Ya'll ? are so quick to ? on white people when they say silly disrespectful ? , but will swing from this Asian's ? when he makes deeply disrespectful statements? Ok.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The civil rights movement was turned against the interest of black people it helped other people more than it did us. You don't need an asian wall street when there is a ? china town in every city. The purpose of starting black business is not to only serve your community that would be ? stupid for any minority. It's to hire your own people and take money from others and invest it in your people.

    Wow, now who missed the point. My point wasn't that Black Wall Street was bigger than the sum total of all Asian communities in America genius. My point was that people like this Asian act like Black people have never built in this country when in fact Blacks have instances of reaching heights with isolated communities that still haven't been matched. The difference is that when Blacks have created those things, they were destroyed. When Asians did it, they were ignored and allowed to flourish.

    I'm not saying African Americans didn't drop the ball. We did, but not in the way this guy is suggesting. It's the standard indictment against the African American community and its flat out incorrect.

    SMH @ that ? . Check the line about him talking how Asians don't need a mass movement to get things because they're using a smarter methodolgy. Again, that's total ? . They didn't need the mass movement because we did it for them. It's easy to say you don't need something when someone else has already done it and you can just ride the benefits.

    All that said, I agree with your first sentence.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eh, those days are over. Race is stupid it should be by philosophy of life.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The more I think about this, the more I realize you're an idiot if you agree with this dude. I think it's time to undo some of this revisionist history.

    A lot of non-African Americans as well as some of the stupid black people on this site seem to think Black people came out of slavery begging to suck from the white man's ? . That's not true. Go read up on Reconstruction and the time after the Civil War. It was a bad time for Black's but there still were blacks who started businesses and attempted to build communities just like every other group in this country. So what happened?

    http://atlantablackstar.com/2013/12/04/8-successful-aspiring-black-communities-destroyed-white-neighbors/

    There was never a Asian Wallstreet in this country. Make no mistake Blacks have built self sufficient communities in this country, and those communites have reached levels beyond what other minorities have done, but whenever they got to a certain level, Whites destroyed them. It's easy for Asians bash us when for the most part the White Man has let them have their dry cleaners and restaurants and mini marts and left them alone. What would they be saying if every time a Chinatown arose, Whites mobbed up and burned it to the ground. Do you think they would have continued to go that route, or do you think they would have tried to change the system so that ? like that couldn't go down?

    See a lot of fools try to boil the Civil Rights Movement down to water fountains, bathrooms, and buses, but it wasn't just about that. The Civil Rights movement was also about obtaining rights that Blacks were being denied and changing the culture of America enough so that the blatant attacks on Blacks in this country would not be tolerated. It doesn't matter how much Blacks built self sufficient communities. We never would have made it anywhere if people could continue to destroy our communities without fear of reprisal. We'd always be hampered, if politicians could just continue to make twisted laws solely for the purpose of keeping Blacks down. Regardless, of what you think about the Civil Rights Movement, there are things it accomplished that had to be gained as long as Blacks planned on living in this country.

    Aside from that, the real reason people cosigning this dude are idiots, is that Asians aren't nearly as self sufficient as this guy would have you believe. Not all Asians work in family owned businesses. A lot of them work for big companies and corporations owned by white people. They might funnel a lot of that money back into the Asian community, but they are still depending on White people for their success. And how many of these Asian owned businesses serve only the Asian community? How many Asian restaurants, dry cleaners, nail salons, black hair supply stores, discount clothing stores, massage parlors, etc... are self contained within the Asian community? Hardly any. Hell, I'm willing to bet that most of their successful businesses make a lot of money off Black people. So you guys are basically applauding this dude for justifying the fact that he doesn't give a ? about the plight of Black people because he loves his people even though his people's success is predicated to some degree on the status of Black people. That's ? .

    And you say this clown is right when he characterizes the Civil Rights Movement and efforts Blacks have made as begging the white man to eat at the white man's table. That's ? . Asian people benefitted from the Civil Rights Movement just as much as we do. Hell, they brag about how they go to college, but seem to forget they couldn't even do that if not for the Civil Rights Movement. Blacks made HBCUs. How man HBAUs are there? So our people fought for the rights that we deserve as citizens in this country, a country that was built on our ancestors' backs and ya'll applaud someone for ? on those efforts all while his community has been built up largely because the white man was so busy attacking us that he didn't even pay attention to them. They were able to reap all the benefits of our work without suffering any of the sacrifices, and now they bash us for putting in that work.

    And I know I know, titanograph, but this ? has to be said, because too many other races are saying ? like this and its ridiculous when black people basically agree with this disrespectful ? .

    all those words and you say nothing. we are not talking about what blacks did after reconstruction you missed the whole ? point that the ? was making.

    Of course, you'd agree with him because his point is in line with what you believe. That doesn't change that what he's saying is ? . His point boils down to Asians being better off because they don't cow tow to the white man like Blacks. Instead, they concern themselves with their own people and support their own community unlike Blacks who in his opinion will sacrifice their own community in order to be given favor by the White community.

    Once again. That's ? . And apparently all my words went over your head, so let me simplify. 1) He's full of ? because Asians are just as quick to try and sit at the white man's table as Blacks and 2) It's disrespectful to characterize the Civil Rights Movement as begging the White man especially when they benefit from the movement just as much as we do. Ya'll ? are so quick to ? on white people when they say silly disrespectful ? , but will swing from this Asian's ? when he makes deeply disrespectful statements? Ok.

    No. His point is that asians are better off because they take care of themselves above all else. THE public sector is the number one employer of african american the so called black middle class is largely a creation of the government. On a nation wide scale look at his community and look at the black community

    Asian's will kiss white ass but what you fools don't understand is that asian's smile with one face but plan to strike the next, so they kiss ass but it's for a goal that benefits them. black people kiss ass with the goal of benefiting everybody.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    The civil rights movement was turned against the interest of black people it helped other people more than it did us. You don't need an asian wall street when there is a ? china town in every city. The purpose of starting black business is not to only serve your community that would be ? stupid for any minority. It's to hire your own people and take money from others and invest it in your people.

    Wow, now who missed the point. My point wasn't that Black Wall Street was bigger than the sum total of all Asian communities in America genius. My point was that people like this Asian act like Black people have never built in this country when in fact Blacks have instances of reaching heights with isolated communities that still haven't been matched. The difference is that when Blacks have created those things, they were destroyed. When Asians did it, they were ignored and allowed to flourish.

    I'm not saying African Americans didn't drop the ball. We did, but not in the way this guy is suggesting. It's the standard indictment against the African American community and its flat out incorrect.

    SMH @ that ? . Check the line about him talking how Asians don't need a mass movement to get things because they're using a smarter methodolgy. Again, that's total ? . They didn't need the mass movement because we did it for them. It's easy to say you don't need something when someone else has already done it and you can just ride the benefits.

    All that said, I agree with your first sentence.

    Who gives a ? about what was built in the past are blacks doing it now??? that is all that matters. Everybody hates the black man so in the past in america what blacks built was destroyed. The asian population in america has been historically small so they could not have a mass movement anyway but they were also ? with when the ? structure felt they were getting to big.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    No. His point is that asians are better off because they take care of themselves above all else. THE public sector is the number one employer of african american the so called black middle class is largely a creation of the government. On a nation wide scale look at his community and look at the black community

    Asian's will kiss white ass but what you fools don't understand is that asian's smile with one face but plan to strike the next, so they kiss ass but it's for a goal that benefits them. black people kiss ass with the goal of benefiting everybody.

    For the third time, that ? is not true. The fresh off the boat Asians think like that. These second and third generation Asians do not. Asian males are along with Black women as the most unmarried groups in this country. That wouldn't happen if their community was as introverted as ya'll are suggesting.
    zombie wrote: »
    Who gives a ? about what was built in the past are blacks doing it now??? that is all that matters. Everybody hates the black man so in the past in america what black built wasdestroyed. The asian population in america has been historically small so they could not have a mass movement anyway but they were also ? with when the ? structure felt they were getting to big.

    You can't lobby criticisms at a group or make comparisons between two groups without taking past circumstnces into account. That's all I'm saying. You want to make the case that Blacks are too interested in making it in the "White Man's World" and not interested enough in building our own community? That's fine. I'd agree.

    However, what I'm not down for is cosigning some Asian when he tries to criticize the Black community by comparing where they are to where we are. The past plays into that. Again, it's a lot easier to rise up and build something for yourself when you don't have someone else there constantly knocking it down. Blacks have tried to do what Asians have done in this country, and have constantly been opposed. Asians haven't. It's as simple as that. It's not a matter of them having some secret key to success that we never figured.

    Blacks tried to build for themselves then realized they needed to fight for their rights before they could accomplish that, so they did and they won their rights. Now the mistake was that once those rights were won, Blacks went full force on trying to integrate into white society instead of going back and trying to rebuild those Black communities that were loss. That's a fair criticism. Comparing our community to a community that has had a completely different set of experiences in this country is not.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    No. His point is that asians are better off because they take care of themselves above all else. THE public sector is the number one employer of african american the so called black middle class is largely a creation of the government. On a nation wide scale look at his community and look at the black community

    Asian's will kiss white ass but what you fools don't understand is that asian's smile with one face but plan to strike the next, so they kiss ass but it's for a goal that benefits them. black people kiss ass with the goal of benefiting everybody.

    For the third time, that ? is not true. The fresh off the boat Asians think like that. These second and third generation Asians do not. Asian males are along with Black women as the most unmarried groups in this country. That wouldn't happen if their community was as introverted as ya'll are suggesting.
    zombie wrote: »
    Who gives a ? about what was built in the past are blacks doing it now??? that is all that matters. Everybody hates the black man so in the past in america what black built wasdestroyed. The asian population in america has been historically small so they could not have a mass movement anyway but they were also ? with when the ? structure felt they were getting to big.

    You can't lobby criticisms at a group or make comparisons between two groups without taking past circumstnces into account. That's all I'm saying. You want to make the case that Blacks are too interested in making it in the "White Man's World" and not interested enough in building our own community? That's fine. I'd agree.

    However, what I'm not down for is cosigning some Asian when he tries to criticize the Black community by comparing where they are to where we are. The past plays into that. Again, it's a lot easier to rise up and build something for yourself when you don't have someone else there constantly knocking it down. Blacks have tried to do what Asians have done in this country, and have constantly been opposed. Asians haven't. It's as simple as that. It's not a matter of them having some secret key to success that we never figured.

    Blacks tried to build for themselves then realized they needed to fight for their rights before they could accomplish that, so they did and they won their rights. Now the mistake was that once those rights were won, Blacks went full force on trying to integrate into white society instead of going back and trying to rebuild those Black communities that were loss. That's a fair criticism. Comparing our community to a community that has had a completely different set of experiences in this country is not.

    what i am saying is that black people need to build more with each other nothing is wrong with using the white man system to improve ourselves but our focus should be improving our own community . IT Is important to know your history but we are in 2014, NO more excuses, black people know what we should be doing economically but enough of us are not doing it. the asians did not get kicked down much because they had next to nothing to kick down. I don't care that there experiences were different every american experience is different. It's time blacks get with the program and learn how to play the game

    You're right the keys to power is no secret, it's building with amongst your people and i am not suggesting that they are introverted at all asians seek success through whatever means they don't let ? stop them they don't cry about ? they generally speaking just get to work.

    Third generation asian americans build on what the first generation did better than

    african americans build on what their grandparents leave behind. You know why?? it's because they actually leave something behind.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WE can talk about this ? all day but at the end of it all the black community in 2014 is not doing as well as the asian one and crying about the past and how hard we have it is not going to change that and it's not just mr chang's community even the hispanic community is slowly starting to creep up past us.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get that done young ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I don't disagree with anything you just said.

    I'll just point out that I'm not crying about the past. I'm no bringing up the past to excuse our mistakes in the present. I'm bringing up the past because its pertinent in how people outside of our community try to misrepresent our community.

    Again you're absolutely right in your assessment of what's wrong with our community and what should be done. However, I think you're absolutely wrong when you cosign an Asian dude who disparages how we've gone about things when his community has directly benefited from those very things he's disparaging us for.