We got a Black President but still not happy

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
It's sad. There's still mass killings/murders in the inner cities, poverty, decaying cities and now lack of water and incoming Illegal Immigrants on the verge of taking more of our jobs.

Maybe we should organize again like the Million Man March to fundraise for our communities? I think that the Black Community needs to do something on this level while Obama is still in the White House.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Great post Indyman but I think Blacks tried that during the memoration of the MLK Jr memorial in DC last year. Speaker after speaker said the right thing and politicians paid good lip service but I'm not sure anything came of it. Many Blacks went there including members of my family but nothing really changed. So I think too many are just discouraged and don't expect much from the future anymore. Many also are comfortable and doing good, and don't really care for the many among us who are struggling.

Best thing we can do individually is keep helping out the less fortunate among our communities emotionally and financially and set a good example for the kids. Expecting help from the govt or Washington DC at this point is mostly a waste of time
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/11/Black-American-from-Baltimore-Where-Can-I-Get-Asylum

As the White House plans to spend billions of taxpayer funds to take care of illegal immigrant children who are unlawfully entering the country, some black Americans who live in some of the most dangerous neighborhoods are wondering where they and their children can get refugee status and aid.

On Friday's Laura Ingraham Show, Elaine, a black woman from Baltimore, expressed her outrage that President Barack Obama is putting the interests of illegal immigrant children above those of American citizens. Though the number of illegal immigrant children unlawfully entering the country has spiked since Obama unilaterally enacted his temporary amnesty program in 2012, the White House has said the primary cause of the border crisis is the rampant gang violence in Central America.

"I'm living a nightmare. My whole neighborhood is so violent. There's so much crime," she said. "I have gangs everywhere here in Baltimore! I can't let my daughter ride her bicycle outside – I can't do anything, Laura! I'm trapped here."

Elaine told Ingraham that she listens to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Obama and feels that "nobody is saying a word" while spending billions of dollars taking care of foreigners who are unlawfully in the country.

"Well, what about my neighborhood? You don't have to do it in Beverly Hills, but in the inner cities where we are suffering," she said. "My children cannot play outside. I cannot take my trash out without locking the door – it's awful. Who is going to give us anything? Where can I get asylum? Where can I get refugee status? I don't know what I can do. Nobody cares what happens to my children."
  • K55N
    K55N Members Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Options
    We need a another million man march immediately and actionable solutions now.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Here's the thing with this whole "black president" experience:

It never "changed" anything. Because Obama isn't really the "black president", but rather "the president who happens to be black", people have become skeptical of anything that could've been achieved during his time in office. Nothing has stopped that was supposed to: whether it be black-on-black violence, unfair treatment of minorities, or just all-out racism. If anything, that ? just got intensified and more brazen.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    guys... Obama is the president. he is not a wizard casting magic spells that solve problems.
    "I'm living a nightmare. My whole neighborhood is so violent. There's so much crime," she said. "I have gangs everywhere here in Baltimore! I can't let my daughter ride her bicycle outside – I can't do anything, Laura! I'm trapped here."
    and yet ironically, she lives in a city in a state where both are completely controlled by Obama's party, which i am sure Elaine supports without question. and they kind of sort of get to pass whatever they want.

...but after her outrage passes, she'll support the exact same politicians and get the exact same level of concern. so it goes.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks voted about 90 percent to elect him into office. If he's sticking out his neck to help the Illegal Immigrants then he can do a little more for the Black Community. I'm kinda shocked because this is his final term yet he's not doing anything significant to help out the Black Community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ixOsjut3E

Chicago-Southside Residents Go Off on Obama over Amnesty: “Worst President Ever Elected”

On Friday evening residents from Chicago’s Southside held a protest in front of the Chicago Police Department against the intolerable violence plaguing their communities and sounded off on President Obama for paying favor to illegal aliens crossing the southern border. Residents also called for the resignation of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy for their failure to effectively handle the city’s violence epidemic.

The president’s handling of the illegal invasion in Texas prompted residents to call him out for ignoring the current state of Chicago, where 120 people have been shot and at least 26 killed so far this July.

“Barack will go down as the worth president ever elected, Bill Clinton was the African-American President,” one resident said, in response to the president’s performance on the job, “President Barack needs to pay attention to Chicago, if he can not pay attention to Chicago and the African-American community, he needs to resign.”

Another compared the current state of Black-American life to that during slavery, saying, “Today, if you look at the time that we were brought here as slaves 400 years ago, we got the same results today.”
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    guys... Obama is the president. he is not a wizard casting magic spells that solve problems.
    and yet ironically, she lives in a city in a state where both are completely controlled by Obama's party, which i am sure Elaine supports without question. and they kind of sort of get to pass whatever they want.

...but after her outrage passes, she'll support the exact same politicians and get the exact same level of concern. so it goes.

I agree Obama isn't a wizard but there's a reason so many are still disappointed in him. I can get into all the policy decisions that people aren't happy about.

As far as that lady in the article, it's very possible she voted for some of the same idiots that have helped screw up Baltimore. It's why I say I welcome a 3rd party to help out, cuz Democrats aren't very helpful lately, although many are still better then Republicans
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Blacks voted about 90 percent to elect him into office. If he's sticking out his neck to help the Illegal Immigrants then he can do a little more for the Black Community. I'm kinda shocked because this is his final term yet he's not doing anything significant to help out the Black Community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9ixOsjut3E

Chicago-Southside Residents Go Off on Obama over Amnesty: “Worst President Ever Elected”

On Friday evening residents from Chicago’s Southside held a protest in front of the Chicago Police Department against the intolerable violence plaguing their communities and sounded off on President Obama for paying favor to illegal aliens crossing the southern border. Residents also called for the resignation of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy for their failure to effectively handle the city’s violence epidemic.

The president’s handling of the illegal invasion in Texas prompted residents to call him out for ignoring the current state of Chicago, where 120 people have been shot and at least 26 killed so far this July.

“Barack will go down as the worth president ever elected, Bill Clinton was the African-American President,” one resident said, in response to the president’s performance on the job, “President Barack needs to pay attention to Chicago, if he can not pay attention to Chicago and the African-American community, he needs to resign.”

Another compared the current state of Black-American life to that during slavery, saying, “Today, if you look at the time that we were brought here as slaves 400 years ago, we got the same results today.”

DAAAMN LOL all this is really in Chicago? I'm glad I'm not the only one to see what a fraud Obama is. I'm hearing more and more Black people talk ? about Obama all the time, no surprise Obama fans ain't here to defend him, there's not much to defend anymore. Especially considering all this amnesty talk Obama and his fellow idiots support.
  • janklow
    Options
    As far as that lady in the article, it's very possible she voted for some of the same idiots that have helped screw up Baltimore. It's why I say I welcome a 3rd party to help out, cuz Democrats aren't very helpful lately, although many are still better then Republicans
    i would put money on her having voted for them.

but think about: people want to court Hispanic votes (and especially FUTURE Hispanic votes) because they're in flux. black voters? eh, they'll vote for the Democrat. whether or not they're better off doing so, this fundamentally tells Democrats they don't have to do ? to earn black votes.

a voter in Baltimore might not do better with Republicans in charge (which, let's be honest, is simply not a concern in MD, not that i am familiar with this)... but they might do better if their votes weren't taken for granted.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i would put money on her having voted for them.

but think about: people want to court Hispanic votes (and especially FUTURE Hispanic votes) because they're in flux. black voters? eh, they'll vote for the Democrat. whether or not they're better off doing so, this fundamentally tells Democrats they don't have to do ? to earn black votes.

a voter in Baltimore might not do better with Republicans in charge (which, let's be honest, is simply not a concern in MD, not that i am familiar with this)... but they might do better if their votes weren't taken for granted.

The tide may be changing though, I heard Rahm Emmanuel the mayor of Chicago is down 25 points in recent polls and likely will lose against a Republican challenger or another Democrat. It's only a matter of time before Democrats ? up taking the Black vote for granted, Black voters will just vote 3rd party or stay home, and some may even go as far as to vote Republican. There was a time most Blacks voted Republican, so Democrats better stop taking the Black vote for granted. Amnesty is NOT helping Blacks in this weak economy, I hope Obama gets that through his thick ? skull
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's my question (and this is not to defend Obama):

At this point, what CAN he do to help "fix" Chi-raq, that the people can't do themselves?
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Here's my question (and this is not to defend Obama):

At this point, what CAN he do to help "fix" Chi-raq, that the people can't do themselves?

He can stop supporting amnesty for one thing. He also can begin supporting medical marijuana instead of having the feds ? down on medical marijuana dispensaries all over the nation. If medical marijuana wasn't being so cracked down on by the feds, and if Obama used his executive powers to declassify marijuana, medical dispensaries serving marijuana would create lots of new jobs all over the nation.

Instead of being so eager to spend so much money in Afghanistan, 2 billion a month to be exact, he should fight as well to create more affordable housing in Chicago and other poverty stricken areas. We want him to show the same fight he showed when it came to ? marriage and running for re-election.
  • janklow
    Options
    The tide may be changing though, I heard Rahm Emmanuel the mayor of Chicago is down 25 points in recent polls and likely will lose against a Republican challenger or another Democrat.
    he's not losing to a Republican challenger.
    It's only a matter of time before Democrats ? up taking the Black vote for granted, Black voters will just vote 3rd party or stay home, and some may even go as far as to vote Republican. There was a time most Blacks voted Republican, so Democrats better stop taking the Black vote for granted.
    if there's one thing i know about Democrats, it's that they will never stop taking the black vote for granted until the black vote gives them a reason to. they're simply programmed to claw for more votes and not spend time and energy worrying about "safe" votes.
    Mister B. wrote: »
    you know, i've said before that it actually is bogus to expect the president to solve every damn problem in America. i don't think Obama really has much to do with Chicago's problems: for one thing, Obama didn't hire a lying, criminal ? to run the police there.

...but he's got big connections to the city and Emmanuel is his boy, so he's going to hear about it regardless of how legitimate the complaints are.

vaguely-related note: ? Pat Quinn

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We need to find a way to get whites the ? out of our way.

Our inability to deal with the "white" problem has been our downfall.

• Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Local politics are the foundation of change in any area. Don't look to the president to correct city issues. No party has a monopoly on improvement. I think we should remove the party from people and allow them to run on their beliefs.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »

How should we deal with that lol
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is we will never be satisfied about black accomplishments because the white people have systematically trained us with the media to turn against our own people instead of supporting them. I'm not a ? to the caucasians so I do not support this thread.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh yea, ? yall ? ass ? .

Go'n ahead and click them feelings.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whatever works.

Whites are engrained in the system so the only solution might just be outfucking them and waiting until they're no longer the majority in this country. Thats the only way we got Obama elected in the first place was whites no longer controlled the electorate like they used to so Republicans started Gerrymandering the ? out of counties to make sure they wouldnt lose as much.

We can also start by not making it so easy for whites to ? us over. But at the end of the day you can say, "end the black on black crime" all you want. But until there's true equal opportunity crime will stay high. The only way to stop crime is economic opportunities for all.

The only way to get that is to render racism in American void. Whereas its still there but not a major factor in job opportunity like it is now. And the only way to do that is by force, political action and financial pressure. But blacks are too stupid and disorganized for that. Our only hope is for our children by 2050 this country will be majority minorities.

Taking control away from whites will slowly make this a better country.
  • janklow
    Options
    Republicans and Democrats started Gerrymandering the ? out of counties to make sure they'd maximize their safe seats
    fixed that for you. of course, it helps to live in a state where Democrats SHAMELESSLY gerrymander.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2014
    Options
    ? looking too much at status and not the statistics. ? is looking at the problems and not the solutions that are happening right now. Having a black president is a status thing. But statistically there are more black people in college and graduating more now than ever before. Crime in most cities especially NYC is down. The drugs are still in the hood but its not hurting people as much as it used to.

In my home state of Connecticut more black folks are living in suburbs like i am and even blacks in the hood can attend a local top tier suburban school for free as long as they enter and apply to a program. Magnet schools in the hood are at an all time high again educating the youth. And if you apply in college for programs like in roads your pretty much getting a decent job provided you work hard and maintain a good gpa.

How do we further this? By continuing to have less kids outta wedlock or before we have the finances saved up (cause these nuts wifing up fast and having 6 kids back to back are dumb too). and honestly the pregnancy numbers are down. We continue it by having dual income househods and actually being a parent not a best friend.

But honestly this ? is changing. Yes there are still issues we need to face but ? is getting better real talk. And ll at illegas taking jobs. The only reason they taking jobs is cause some lazy ? not showing up or working hard. Other than that if you work hard and show up you can get a job some ? (not all) just be making excuses.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2014
    Options

Whatever works.

Whites are engrained in the system so the only solution might just be outfucking them and waiting until they're no longer the majority in this country. Thats the only way we got Obama elected in the first place was whites no longer controlled the electorate like they used to so Republicans started Gerrymandering the ? out of counties to make sure they wouldnt lose as much.

We can also start by not making it so easy for whites to ? us over. But at the end of the day you can say, "end the black on black crime" all you want. But until there's true equal opportunity crime will stay high. The only way to stop crime is economic opportunities for all.

The only way to get that is to render racism in American void. Whereas its still there but not a major factor in job opportunity like it is now. And the only way to do that is by force, political action and financial pressure. But blacks are too stupid and disorganized for that. Our only hope is for our children by 2050 this country will be majority minorities.

Taking control away from whites will slowly make this a better country.

Interesting ideas but historically, power doesn't really come from population. Look at South Africa, Blacks are the majority there but Whites on avg still make the most money. Same with most of Latin America. Black people in South Africa also have the political power but again, the wealth is still largely in White hands there, although the Black middle class there is definitely growing. Still many in poverty though so population won't help.

What I think would help more is Blacks just educating themselves more, build up our resources and simply create a lot of our own jobs they way more of us used to. The way many Africans and Caribbeans here are doing. Easier said then done true but I know many successful Blacks who not by coincidence had good family structure, we need that cuz it builds discipline due to good or decent role models being around.

Many Blacks are being left behind because of racism true, but forcing Whites to give us jobs has never worked unless they're govt jobs. Look at Detroit, mostly Black city, you know the rest....I can name some other mostly Black cities where being in majority hasn't helped, at the end of the day, Whites are gonna give more jobs to other Whites. It is what it is, I'd rather we go the way many Asians are getting by, getting the education, becoming more united in resources and family structure and go from there. I know White people have ? us over in many ways and we're still suffering from the past but political action at this point isn't gonna help, unless we force the govt to do more for regular people. Something Black people have been saying to Obama for a long time, but he still has the big banks up his ass
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    All this is easier said then done but realistically, 12% of the population ain't gonna outbreed a 60 plus % population....we either work with the system or just try to move out. I wouldn't mind retiring to another country one day, cost of living here is getting out of control, I can't imagine what it's gonna be in 20 years smh....