Bobby Shmurda's "Hot ? " Is "Like A Flash In The Pan," Statik Selektah Says

MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
IMG_7619.jpg

Bobby Shmurda’s “Hot ? ” may be one of the most talked about tracks of the year, but Statik Selektah, who released the stream for What Goes Around recently, isn’t impressed by the emerging New York rapper.

"I don’t knock anyone else’s hustle if they’re trying to put on for New York, but to me that’s like a flash in the pan right now,” Statik says in an interview with AllHipHop. "If Bobby Shmurda makes a career out of that, and he makes real music then I’ll be impressed, but right now I haven’t really heard anything original that’s really impressed me.

"His single is cool, but it’s a freestyle to me,” he adds. "I understand the dance and all that, but let’s see if he’ll make some music that will last a couple of years. We’ll see. I hope he does. I hope everybody makes good ? . But I felt like it was a Chicago type of thing when I first saw it...We’ll see what he does with it. That’s not really what I’m rocking with, though. We got our own thing going on. is a fun record. You play it in the club, people do the dance. To me, that’s – I don’t want to say a gimmick, there’s just a catch to it. What happens when you take that element out? Is he going to put out a real good record? We’ll see. I hope so."

Bobby Shmurda surfaced with "Hot ? " this year, a song that gained viral notoriety on social media platforms. "Hot ? 's" success also helped Shmurda land a deal with Epic Records.

Recently, Shmurda confirmed that he purchased the same beat Lloyd Banks used for his song "Jackpot" for "Hot ? ."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=30302

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inb4...........................naw ? it. Let it burn
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually liked the GS9 mixtape.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll see. All the younger homies up here be on his stuff heavy now. Shyste Time, Shmoney Dance and Computers starting to catch serious steam.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    I hope he can make music with substance and improve. Right now he's mediocre.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? , was at a block party over the weekend and the teens was loving that ? ....If he can keep their attention he'll be around for a few years.....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he ain't lying how many ? had a hot dance and then been milk carton status in the last 10 years alone. Its kinda one of the positives of hip hop. Yeah you do have wack rappers who keep a fanbase but ringtone ? don't survive. You need to have a longstanding message even if it is being ? don soft like drake.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No he just a scary ass white dude who ain't ready to ? with real street records. 2 weeks ago I was passing through redneck ass Bryan college station and they was playing hot ? on 101.9 on top 8 at 8 jams. Man these pale faces are on that ? . Why does bobby have to impress his square ass. Now I see why chasin bundles is excited for Bobby/gs9 these white folks think they can tell a young black man what to experience and speak about. Bobby making hood music ? statik. What the ? this saltine want bobby to rap about?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let that young ? cook, ? ghost face hating.
    That young ? , is doing something thats once in a life time. Let him enjoy his moment.
    Crackas acting like, Bobby is the 1st one hit wonder.
    One hit wonders, been around since the culmination of the music industry. Let that ?
    Enjoy his moment in the sun.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited August 2014
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, he has other tracks? He's barely rappin on "Hot ? " and the only reason that gets burn (including from myself) is because the Schmoney Dance or in my case, the beats alright.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Just in here to post this...

iFqFRZgzBCjnU.gifb82119f8b9f6372428b93864f9f78826.400x225x80.gif
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    No he just a scary ass white dude who ain't ready to ? with real street records. 2 weeks ago I was passing through redneck ass Bryan college station and they was playing hot ? on 101.9 on top 8 at 8 jams. Man these pale faces are on that ? . Why does bobby have to impress his square ass. Now I see why chasin bundles is excited for Bobby/gs9 these white folks think they can tell a young black man what to experience and speak about. Bobby making hood music ? statik. What the ? this saltine want bobby to rap about?

You apparently know nothing about Statik Selectah besides him being white.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean it's not like he's wrong
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited August 2014
    Ya'll saying he's right yet it's already been mentioned that he has more than that one song. His mixtape is hot in the streets, not just that one song.
  • Viktor
    Viktor Members Posts: 228 ✭✭
    Statik is white but he's still one of the best producers out. Same with alchemist

That's what I'm saying. I don't care what color he is, Statik is a good producer. Dude isn't scared of some hood rapper.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    lol at people discrediting his opinion because hes white. you know how many ? have ? opinions about hip hop? Allot espcially those huslted by white owned mainstream radio stations that blindly follow the charts. if this ? doesn't create more than a dance track he will be trinidad jamesed. i wish him the best but still we have seen how many one hit dance wonders there have been in hip hop

Ain't you white?

im black but im smart enough not to discredit an opinion just cause some white dude said nothing but the truth. point blank there have been dozens of dance rap videos that are forgotten in 6 month. simply put if bobby does more than just that dance and continue to prove hes a dope rapper than he will survivie. but the dance alone is a tempoary flash in the pan.

? quick to discredit white boys cause they white. that doesn't mean many white folk are ignorant about hip hop which is also true. but what he said is the truth point blank.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of this dude so I could care less