Melle Mel vs Willie D boxing match *video*

water ur seeds
water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would love to see celebrities and rappers start doing some charity boxing matches again, with all the reality TV rubbish thats on these days Im surprised theres not more on!!! Im guessing rappers are too concerned about taking an L on TV and getting ridiculed for it haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gfcFzSKR80

Comments

• water ur seeds
    edited February 2015
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Willie D use to be undefeated in boxing before he became a rapper

I heard he was a Texas Golden Gloves champion... Would be dope to see Cormega fight, heard he fought in the Am's...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah Willie gotta be around 6 feet tall
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    An L in a boxing match could be career threatening, ask Sticky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRHXZARsX0k
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    willie d had a professional fight back in '02 but lost though.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I can't @ the ? but 5 grand would probably petition to get this thread deleted anyway. He gon stay far, far away from this one.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know hpw many years it took for this footage to get on the net? Head collision KO.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I can't @ the ? but 5 grand would probably petition to get this thread deleted anyway. He gon stay far, far away from this one.

Willie D got the best of him in the ring, but when it comes to music Melle Mel >>> Willie D
  • water ur seeds
    You know hpw many years it took for this footage to get on the net? Head collision KO.

It wasnt a head collection that stopped Melle, it was clearly a left hook, but the heads did clash... Someone in the comments on the internet or youtube said The Source (being bias to NY) said the head clash stopped the fight or something haha
  • water ur seeds
    edited February 2015
    Upon abit more searching I found Phil Most Chill (philly legend) posted the fight video on his oldskool blog, and the person who promoted the actual fight left this comment:

''Sup Men this affair was no lie one of my best fights I promoted and I was promoting fights 10 years Me and my partner Eric King sright Don’s son put this entire thing together and Foxxx without a doubt is a stone cold Boxer

Thats NO Lie Bumpy Knuckles destroyed his opponants but props to the brothers from Texas Willie D is one bad dude. But Melle Mel got rattled on a head bash cause Mel is one tough dude Melle Mel fought for me on another Celebrity Boxing show at the Taj Mahal he fought this Movie actor Frank Adamo and it was hell of a fight..

The Best was I had a Hells Angel Bodyguard to the Stars Chuck Zito and Chuck no lie is a friggin Monster I put him in against another RAPPER that surprized the ? out of me Parrish from EPMD and folks it was a War…

Zito was the dude that flattened Jean Claude VanDam up at Scores one night Parrish held his own but the brother I take my Hat off to Got to be FOXXX That dude to me welol I’d go to the Wall for him..We still talk Wish I had the footage which I taped for Pay per View and Foreign TVbut I had some little problem with …..well anyway I had to do a little time and just came upon your sheet and thought I’d give my best to some brothers I really hold in high regard

All my Best
    Gary Braverman
    Promoter of the Rappers Boxing Federation'

He added on another comment:

''slike 20 years ago ? time flies all the brothers out there keep it real thats it
    I never did get to thank Dre for performin in the ring on shut it down and Africa Bambatta and the Zulu Nation for being on hand and all the Black Muslims from the 116th st Mosque for that I must thank the now departed Captain Joe, what a Man he was and the Rappers that showed All TRUE Men & Foxxx he’s superBad and I care very much for that dude

Peace'

SOURCE:
    https://thatrealschitt.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/that-legendary-willie-d-vs-mele-mel-celebrity-rapper-fight-youve-always-heard-about/comment-page-1/

I would of loved to see Parish from EPMD fight that dude! Ive been wanting to see the Bumpy Knucks fight for years, but I didnt know Parish had a bout...
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like to se t.I. ass in there.....or Chris Brown or anybody else who claim yt? hey got hands
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 grand come get your man
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An L in a boxing match could be career threatening, ask Sticky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRHXZARsX0k

I never understood why people act like Sticky got demolished here. He aint do that bad imo

For two untrained dudes boxing what do yall expect
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015

It wasnt a head collection that stopped Melle, it was clearly a left hook, but the heads did clash... Someone in the comments on the internet or youtube said The Source (being bias to NY) said the head clash stopped the fight or something haha

The Source wasn't even a NY magazine, that's just a cop out, Plus Bumpy was ? everybody up so it's not like Melle Mel carried NY.

---
    Ok I see your 2nd post.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? be boxin on twitter now............. None of your favorite rappers would ever do this ? cuz they wanna protect they image and brand....... ? ? rarely go in the studio to test themselves and try to make a hot track........ We livin in a super friends age where everybody wanna sound like everybody, throw sublimials, rant and rave on twitter, and talk about what's not right in hip hop....... Man these ? scared.......... ? yo favorite rapper cuz he a ? too..........
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ol' boy ain't gon like this thread..... LMAO....
  • Ear2DaSt
    sometimes a boxing win doesn't create a buzz
    even tho Im starting to sound like some of yall
    I guess this aint boxing

but depending on how the Hip Hop crowd feels they could not care and keep supporting
    or make a big deal out of it
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    willie d had a professional fight back in '02 but lost though.
    he had 4 pro fights won 2 by knockout, 1 draw and 1 loss
    boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=042911&cat=boxer

Willie Dennis
    Global ID 42911
    sex male
    birthdate 1966-11-01
    suspensions report
    division super middleweight
    stance orthodox
    US ID 055654
    country USA
    birth place Missouri City, Texas, USA
    won 2 (KO 2) + lost 1 (KO 1) + drawn 1 = 4
    rounds boxed 7 KO% 50
    biography

Lb St Kg | ↑date↓ | ratings off on | print
    date opponent W-L-D last 6 location
    2000-10-21 Yameen I Muhammad 2-1-0
    Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan, USA L TKO 1 4
    time: 1:49 | judge: Chip Acey | judge: Herman McKalpain | judge: Bob Watson
    2000-08-24 John Washington 2-4-0
    Palmer Auditorium, Austin, Texas, USA D PTS 4 4
    2000-06-30 John Tarmon 0-3-0
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA W KO 1 4
    time: 0:37 | referee: Russell Naquin | judge: Kenny Saintes | judge: John Femia | judge: Barry Orgeron
    1999-12-18 Charles Aguilera 0-1-0
    Hofheinz Pavilion, Houston, Texas, USA W TKO 1 4
    time: 2:56 | judge: Hugh Echols | judge: Mike Kenny | judge: Rick Stoner
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I`d love to see Willie D and Freddie "Bumpy knuckles" Foxxx get it on.

And allow me since nobody ain't gont say it yet to take this time to ask the IC what ever happen to that Gillie vs Soulja boy ? that was supposed to take place in October? Just a publicly stunt between two loser rappers?
  • water ur seeds
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    sometimes a boxing win doesn't create a buzz
    even tho Im starting to sound like some of yall
    I guess this aint boxing

but depending on how the Hip Hop crowd feels they could not care and keep supporting
    or make a big deal out of it

Yo if some well known rapper(s) were to have a boxing match then trust that would be massive, the internet would go crazy...
  • Ear2DaSt
    7 eleven good to ya sometimes it bad ta ya
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looked like melle was taking the easy way out of an ass whoppin from a trained boxer
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember this ? being hyped back in the day.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melle Mel went "huh huh huh huh" when Willie D caught him with that right jab. lmfao