Tupac Letter Reveals He Was Planning To Work With OutKast

MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in The Reason
tumblr_m7hv811GSv1r5lhoko1_400.gif

Before he died, Tupac was said to be working on a collaboration album called One Nation, which would feature rappers from all over the country and ostensibly help temper the simmering East Coast/West Coast situation.

Rappers like NYC’s Buckshot and Smif-n-Wessun, Houston’s Scarface and Cali’s E-40 were rumored to be on the album. Thanks to a letter Tupac sent to a buddy named Big Lock and was just unearthed by the Internet, we now know that Atlanta’s Outkast also was connected to the project.

The entire 1996 letter is below, and while it isn’t “official,” it’s in Pac’s handwriting.

It’s an interesting read, beyond the Outkast reference. Among other things, the legendary emcee takes a shot at his rival Biggie Smalls, and then uses a pre-email era emoticon.

Tupac-letter.png

http://news.hiphopearly.com/tupac-letter-reveals-planning-work-outkast/

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    No brainer. Its been known he used to hang out with DF when he came to the A.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »

I think he got family in the A
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the wu was supposed to be on it also. the songs that came out on the first 2 sessions were fire also
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't know that
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    a smiley face from Pac well damn
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodie Mob were the first people to hear Hit Em Up
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    2pac was banned from hella states...he couldnt work with many people though...

Where you get this ? from
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look @ this ? ? pac. Emotional as always and still on biggies nuts (ll) while biggie ain't give 2 ? but that man. Biggie warned him not to ? with certain ? pac did anyway and got hit up.

Yall pac stans better be glad outkast and pac ain't met up. If yall thought this ? ass picture was bad enough
    Tupac-Classic-bathtub-pics-1115-3.jpg
    17022009067146000123486.jpg

Imagine if he had met this atl bread Christmas fruitcake
    Andre-3000-SFTA-3.jpg
    andre-3000.jpg

Smh u ? would have never recovered, and yall wonder where yung thug was bread from, ? dre birthed his type if they weren't already in the A.
    Nh
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »
    Look @ this ? ? pac. Emotional as always and still on biggies nuts (ll) while biggie ain't give 2 ? but that man. Biggie warned him not to ? with certain ? pac did anyway and got hit up.

Yall pac stans better be glad outkast and pac ain't met up. If yall thought this ? ass picture was bad enough

Andre-3000-SFTA-3.jpg
    andre-3000.jpg

Smh u ? would have never recovered, and yall wonder where yung thug was bread from, ? dre birthed his type if they weren't already in the A.
    Nh

hold up where's that martin sitchoass down gif. wait right here i'll be back
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    MR.CJ wrote: »

I think he got family in the A

No doubt.His ppl been here for a while

I saw Pac outside TheUnderground way back in the day w/ YZ

The Outlawz live here.Edi and Castro are good ppl.I met all of them except Napoleon. I got a song w/ Edi and Castro
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a video of Pac in the studio and Goodie Mob walked in, he told them to get some chairs for them and drinks. Pac lived in ATL for a minute, he liked GM and Outkast.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Pac was cool with the Wu, BCC, and DF. Those are the top 3 crews to me.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tupac invented the smiley?
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gns wrote: »

Andre-3000-SFTA-3.jpg
    andre-3000.jpg

Nh

@Stew
    @Menace

• djraycool
    djraycool Members Posts: 159 ✭✭
    I got an old Makaveli 5 cd bootleg has some cuts from One Nation. Big daddy Kane is on it. He raps "the first to syllabils of our name is 2 Big" goodie mob on it.. And boot camp click ?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He wasn't banned from states he was banned from certain venues
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would have been dope
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »
    There is a video of Pac in the studio and Goodie Mob walked in, he told them to get some chairs for them and drinks. Pac lived in ATL for a minute, he liked GM and Outkast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrsb7SVwJXY