Underground rapper's names taken

Ear2DaSt
Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
List some underground rappers that have had their names taken by some part of mainstream media?

Comments

• shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    aesop rock. bro's been around forever, but nowadays you can't mention his name around young ? without somebody thinking you meant to say a$ap rocky.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shtoopid wrote: »
    aesop rock. bro's been around forever, but nowadays you can't mention his name around young ? without somebody thinking you meant to say a$ap rocky.

this is true, when i first heard that i was like who?
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ear2DaSt
    I don't know what year Flea from the Rock group been out but
    Flea aka Lil Flea been at it for a while

I don't know how long Pharoah Munch been around bur Pharoah from Street Military
    been around for a minute

Top Dog of S.P.C. been around for a minute

Bam of Killa ? /S.P.C. been around before the t.v. show
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    I don't know...
    I don't know...

Your research skills are atrocious...
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Soulja Boy first came out it had a rapper from Baton Rouge named that and threatened him. That's why he changed it to souljaboytellem

Also Jay rock. There is a ? bounce rapper in new Orleans named that and a lot of folks confused Jay Rock with him and even thought he was ? .
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Bad Azz / Joey Badass
    - CPO Boss Hogg / Boss Hogg Outlawz
    - Outlawz / Boss Hogg Outlawz
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    shtoopid wrote: »

That their fault for not knowing the difference between Aesop (who uses this word?) and Asap. Rocky vs Rock could looked at as Rocky Balboa (a boxer) vs Rock n Roll. Still different. But he was named after Rakim Allah (Rocky for short). A$AP is a movement (rip bams). They are different names. Too bad they sound similar.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    When Soulja Boy first came out it had a rapper from Baton Rouge named that and threatened him. That's why he changed it to souljaboytellem

Also Jay rock. There is a ? bounce rapper in new Orleans named that and a lot of folks confused Jay Rock with him and even thought he was ? .

There was a dope rapper named J Rock back in the early 90's to, he recorded with DJ Premier and Eazy Mo Bee and made a classic album 'Streewize'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugla1KeW7ow
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    silverfoxx wrote: »

It think you mistaken bruh. Soulja Boy was from Cleveland. He was from Mo Thugs and had a semi successful career. I'm surprised Soulja boy could just snatch his name like that.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l974a0bb398

He's the 1st one spitting after krayize bone
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Not a rapper but when I was a kid I was always confused with

Doctor Dre from Yo mtv raps and Dr.Dre

Don't know if its a coincidence or if someone jacked the other. Crazy coincidence if they didn't know. Never heard of a Doctor Tre smh
  • water ur seeds
    edited February 2015
    I heard that Vinnie Paz changed his name from Ikon the Verbal Hologram because there was a rapper already called 'Icon the Mic King', and that there was a physical confrontation... Not sure if its true or not...
  • Ear2DaSt
    from what I understand certain Houston artists have had beefs with other rappers over lyrics and hooks
    Texas feels like other states been biting
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havik and Prodeje of South Central Cartel
    Havoc and Prodigy of Mobb Deep
    Has SCC or Mobb Deep spoke on the similarities of their names
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Yo my family been callin me J.R. since I was a kid but my name has been jacked by a couple of ? now.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Also I guess we just not gon mention Azealia Banks in this thread since she's strippin for playboy now.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Monch good since 87 & 91
  • water ur seeds
    313 wayz wrote: »
    Havik and Prodeje of South Central Cartel
    Havoc and Prodigy of Mobb Deep
    Has SCC or Mobb Deep spoke on the similarities of their names

Schitt yeah I forgot about SCC, very random that BOTH crew members from each group have the same name lol