Rappers that seem intelligent and articulate on the mic but come off badly in interviews?

smp4life
smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hate to say it but.. Scarface. One of my favorite rappers but I heard him on the Combat Jack show and he just seemedf really dusted out.

Comments

• _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smp4life wrote: »
    Hate to say it but.. Scarface. One of my favorite rappers but I heard him on the Combat Jack show and he just seemedf really dusted out.
    -Nobody
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. I heard Jay Z on Howard Stern and he seemed to hold his own pretty well.
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Nas... he mumbles his way through most interviews... only seen a couple where he looks intelligent

case in point is this interview with Nardwuar where Nas acts like a ? and punks him at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL8PuPjYdyk

Ill be ? too if this guy is showing me a bunch of ? and then says I cant keep anything

But the interviewer is Nardwuar... everyone knows his schtick

compare interviews Nardwuar has done with Snoop or Pharrell to see rappers who give great interviews...

• Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nas... he mumbles his way through most interviews... only seen a couple where he looks intelligent

case in point is this interview with Nardwuar where Nas acts like a ? and punks him at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL8PuPjYdyk

Ill be ? too if this guy is showing me a bunch of ? and then says I cant keep anything

But the interviewer is Nardwuar... everyone knows his schtick

compare interviews Nardwuar's done with Snoop or Pharell to see rapper's who give great interviews...

Nardwuar has great interviews. Probably my favorite. One thing I did notice is since this Nas one. every interview after I seen he lets the rappers keep the stuff now
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay Electronica

I think it may be partly due to him always stuttering and rambling
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk about intelligent in his music but T.I always tryna use words in his interviews that have u saying this guy mustve heard someone say that ? and he's been waiting to use that

He also uses words at the wrong time, even though they may technically fit. It ends up sounding mad awkward like, "man this pizza's toppings are perplexing magnificent. My decadent tastebuds cannot contain themselves. After this meal ill go for a delightful post-prandial stroll."

Lmao
    I had to wack that tho, how do u use words at the wrong time if they technically fit?
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ab-Soul most def brah .

I'm Sorta the same way, sometimes i ponder too much on the perfect thing to say. My mind moves a mile a minute.....that's why i sound better on written replies and convos because i have time to properly reply in the most intelligently possible .

...Sorta like this post .
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk about intelligent in his music but T.I always tryna use words in his interviews that have u saying this guy mustve heard someone say that ? and he's been waiting to use that

He also uses words at the wrong time, even though they may technically fit. It ends up sounding mad awkward like, "man this pizza's toppings are perplexing magnificent. My decadent tastebuds cannot contain themselves. After this meal ill go for a delightful post-prandial stroll."

sounds like he's one of those people who think using big words means they're smart.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    French Montana sounds like a real ? person when he talks but im going to assume his music isnt intelligent either
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    like this ^^^^^lol
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a rap thread, but it's always uncomfortable watching a Jhene Aiko interview.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a rap thread, but it's always uncomfortable watching a Jhene Aiko interview.

Why's that?

She's incredibly inarticulate and long winded which is a bad combo. She makes good music though.
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why's that?

She's incredibly inarticulate and long winded which is a bad combo. She makes good music though.

Idk why i like her. She isnt really a good singer. She stays the same tone for themost part. Kinda talk/sings.

I listened to her album and all the songs kinda sounded the same.

She has a nice voice tho. I like her on hooks. She fine too
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    French Montana sounds like a real ? person when he talks but im going to assume his music isnt intelligent either

If you took a gunshot to the head and lived, you would sound ? too.