that beat is jammin. ? u talkin bout?

lol ? that's the point, Paul and Juice killed that sample

I'm just mad at the fact that I'm just now realizing where it came from
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? , you late lol.
  • So ILL
    You'd be surprised at how many samples they used. A lot of rappers be making beats from the same songs and you would never know.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 the lawsuit
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at how many samples they used. A lot of rappers be making beats from the same songs and you would never know.

They used so many samples it's crazy, including movie samples! Hell, they've even sampled their own beats multiple times. lol... I'm surprised buddy jus know caught that McGuyver swipe. Crunchy verse on that bish is hard as ? btw....

There's a horror flick from the early 80's called "He Knows You're Alone" that me and my homeboys were watching in college and out of nowhere I hear the music/piano for Project Cat's "Whateva ? ". ? blew my mind how they flipped it!

One of my favorites (and I have a bunch b/c Paul & Juice are some of my fav. producers) is the "Creepshow" sample in Mafia ? off 'When The Smoke Clears'. That song makes me get ignant! lol... I could go on for a hot minute about the genius of them nikkas.

Sorry 4 da rant.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be my favorite Crunchy Black verse ever lol
  • MallyG
    This might be my favorite Crunchy Black verse ever lol

IKR!

It's between that, the Who Run It verse or the "Yeah I rob, Yeah I steal, Yeah I'll put ya body in a field" verse.

Every one knows Crunchy is basic to the umpteenth power, but he adds that energy.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MallyG wrote: »

They used so many samples it's crazy, including movie samples! Hell, they've even sampled their own beats multiple times. lol... I'm surprised buddy jus know caught that McGuyver swipe. Crunchy verse on that bish is hard as ? btw....

There's a horror flick from the early 80's called "He Knows You're Alone" that me and my homeboys were watching in college and out of nowhere I hear the music/piano for Project Cat's "Whateva ? ". ? blew my mind how they flipped it!

One of my favorites (and I have a bunch b/c Paul & Juice are some of my fav. producers) is the "Creepshow" sample in Mafia ? off 'When The Smoke Clears'. That song makes me get ignant! lol... I could go on for a hot minute about the genius of them nikkas.

Sorry 4 da rant.

I think I heard Paul say one day that he was a big scary movie watcher but them dudes use to sample everywhere. Like you said, they use to sample music from movies that no one knew about.

Prime Paul & Juice are the GOAT on them beats. I remember in grade school, saving my lunch money lol & waiting patiently for their albums to drop then when it do. I'll get my brother to run me to the music store & be the first in line to cop their new albums. Then when you slide that cd into the cd player, you anticipating on hearing them hard beats
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    yea paul and j would sample damn near everything

they even flipped a vangelis sample

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT5zCHn0tsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-80aZ4hYQs

• So ILL
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Sorry 4 da rant.

I think I heard Paul say one day that he was a big scary movie watcher but them dudes use to sample everywhere. Like you said, they use to sample music from movies that no one knew about.

Prime Paul & Juice are the GOAT on them beats. I remember in grade school, saving my lunch money lol & waiting patiently for their albums to drop then when it do. I'll get my brother to run me to the music store & be the first in line to cop their new albums. Then when you slide that cd into the cd player, you anticipating on hearing them hard beats

You can listen to a lot of their early ? and tell, they had that horrorcore sound on smash. Hell, I watched Child's Play a few months ago and heard like, 3 or 4 samples they used in songs while watching the movie lol.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? real tight like school....lockazzz

lol that was my ? in high school. Juve kilt the remix too. that's crazy where they sampled it from
  • So ILL
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

consider it done pimpin
  • MallyG
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Sorry 4 da rant.

U heard right mayne, him and Juice are huge movie guys. I know Paul still got VHS and DvD's of many old ass partially obscure movies.That's were they got a lot of their inspiration from initially and throughout their career (especially horror/thriller films). But what makes them so dope is their "original" beats (non sampled/interpolated) are just as dope!
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hell Yeah Three 6 freaked the ? out The Isley Brothers "Make Me Say It Again" with Ghetto Chick.