The IC Sample Flip Thread Vol. 1

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in The Reason
Welcome to the first edition of the IC Sample Flip Thread! A few weeks ago i picked out 3 samples for IC producers to sample from. The rules and the samples can be viewed here: http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/529113/the-ill-community-sample-flip-thread-vol-1-the-samples/p1

These are the results!

@(ob)scene flipping "The Sprout and The Bean"

@Mosincredible.com sampling "Sprout and the Bean"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfmuXUeSWwM

BenjaminE sampling all 3! (Sprout and The bean, Hey!, and Didnt I)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f7kHyhwcts

@AggyAF (sample not provided in PM, havent listened myself yet)

@Lab Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5NoXUa2cI4

Pixies - Hey sampled at around 1:28

Joanna Newsom The Sprout and the Bean sampled around 1:00

Darondo - Didn't I sampled around 1:25

@Fosheezy

@Rue_Flexington

KINGEC

Sample: Darondo - Didn't I
Sampled throughout whole song

Sample: Joanna Newsom - Sprout And The Bean
Sample starting at 3:57

Fosheezy

i sampled a guitar note from the first song, turned it into a bass tone and made a bassline out of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRr1mIiFf0
i sampled the vocal from the second song @ 0:01 seconds or something. i also sampled the last outro sound on the second song

the rest of the samples all came from the third song. i used 4-5 cuts taken from 1/2 a bar at certain spots. i forget all the specific locations though. i was able to sample like 1/4 a bar at the outro part to use as a synth tone. the rest was sampled from the guitar chords.

xxCivicxx

Take a listen and vote!

The IC Sample Flip Thread Vol. 1 20 votes

(ob)scene
0%
Mosincredible.com
10%
c. skillzJonnyRoccIT 2 votes
BenjaminE
15%
BDBIIDBenjaminEKneeGro_DuperMan 3 votes
AggyAF
0%
Rue_Flexington
20%
HustleThaDonLou Cypher_Goldie_StillFaggyAF 4 votes
KINGEC
15%
5th LetterPeezy_Jenkinswhoseworldisthis 3 votes
Lab Baby
5%
Lab Baby 1 vote
Fosheezy
35%
Roster Player #99hueynyst8ofminCeLLaR-DooRJDSTAYWITITBarryHalls(ob)Scene 7 votes
xxCivicxx
0%

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Rue_Flexington
    My bad yall, had some family stuff come up last night that kept me away most of the day, then it was my first poll. Thanks to everyone that has participated! Respect the beatsmiths!

Vol. 2 Thread will be made next week! please PM me if you want to participate!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    KINGEC
    wow king ec killed it, i got a heatmakers feel and kinda hood vibe off ur samples

obscene, ben e, and mos incredible really did they thing too. u can just go str8 bars off ben e flip, mos incredible had a great melodic feel especially the hook, thought the snares coulda been better on obscenes but i was feelin it overall
  • whoseworldisthis
    whoseworldisthis Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KINGEC
    Dope thread! I respect the architects of all these flips...

My personal favorite is the first beat (Darondo flip) by KINGEC

Kind of had a J. Dilla feel to it which is why I was feeling it the most

Liked: the chops / transitions

Didn't like: the computerized sound effects / snares

Cats biggest mistakes is using those wack "canned" snares (even Primo has been guilty of it lately)

Dig in the crates for a more crisp sound (word to Marley Marl)... peace
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BenjaminE
    Ben E jawn nice af.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fosheezy
    Good job fellas. Definitely didn't know the IC had this much talent. Everyone dropped some high quality stuff.

My favorites:

KINGEC's "Didn't I" Flip was tough. A lot of variety in your drum patterns kept the track fresh throughout. This was my biggest issue with mine as I kinda rushed to get it finished. Always appreciate fresh patterns.

Lab Baby's jam was cold as ice. I can't even tell what the hell you did w/ the sample other than that one guitar hit. Certified.

Rue_flexington - That phaser thrown onto the sample gave the track it's own distinct flavor. Nice touch. Only thing I'd say is that the kick could have been a little harder at the section when the snares dropped out. NY compression would be great for that.

Fosheezy - All I can say is Dilla-esque. Down to the drum groove and all. Perfect.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    KINGEC
    KingEC's beat sounded the best, runner up is Lab Baby.
  • (ob)Scene
    Fosheezy
    The dopest ? is no one's flips sound alike. Good job again.
  • Lou Cypher
    Rue_Flexington
    Damn!!

Thread turned out way better than anticipated. Each and every one of you have made a dope beat.

I went with @Rue_Flexington . I love that ? song, think he used it perfectly. Right when it dropped at 32 secs it almost made go WOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOO with the beat. ? was tight.

All of them are dope as ? though, please participate in the next one! PM me if you want to do Vol. 2!
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Rue_Flexington
    i like Rue's and mine :D the best
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mosincredible.com
    Went w/ Mos Incredible

He flipped it in a way you couldnt even tell he sampled it .
    it wasnt blatant and plus was just Vibed out .

@KingEC is my Runner up though .
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Mosincredible.com
    @loucypher lemme choose a sample for the next one brah .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Fosheezy
    38.gif

Some of you ? rhythm sections tho ... yikes .... what in da ? .... y'all ? still rockin off that casio or what my niggs??? ima keep it g-real ...
    c9a6ce73df6aa6f9d6a86faf36a1218c.jpg
    a lot of them drums is sounding poverty AF tho TBH... ? take that ass back to the lab my ? .. got damn ... da ? doe

but anyhow ...

on to some real ? ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=76&v=5uRr1mIiFf0

now my ? right here ... now you see .. this is how the ? supposed to be done .. actually choppin ? up grabbing tones and vocal hits a flipping that ? into a whole new groove ... now THAT is how you rock ... salute to my dude @FOSHEEZY for killing this ? ... ? really should be a no contest ... this ? laced the chops then kicked an actual drum pattern and bass line that sounds like it wasn't made on "myfirstbeatmachine" from fisher and price .... and i can tell he graduated from that Dillaversity with the pauses and gaps with his bass .. overall excellent work my man ... im bout to kick me a hot freestyle to this ? now
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well damn was I that bad? This ? said Casio and ? ..lol tbh this is my second year consistently making beats. At first I wasn't feeling the samples but I went with the first one. I forgot about NY Compression honestly plus my mixing for the time being is horrible. I'll get it eventually. Sign me up for Vol 2 I need the practice.

Salute to all the participants
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fosheezy
    Knew it soon as I heard it. Crazy busy with work so I couldn't jump on but next time 100
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Fosheezy
    Well damn was I that bad? This ? said Casio and ? ..lol tbh this is my second year consistently making beats. At first I wasn't feeling the samples but I went with the first one. I forgot about NY Compression honestly plus my mixing for the time being is horrible. I'll get it eventually. Sign me up for Vol 2 I need the practice.

15438_187318932942_93397977942_2882538_7710827_n.jpg
    REAL TALK.
  • JonnyRoccIT
    Mosincredible.com

REAL TALK.

That's lame as ? ...? YOU Post some beats you did .

? think he Simon Cowell . FOH
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going with Fosheezy's flip. You did your thing on that ? bruh.

Everybody did they thing though. Real ? .
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited April 2015
    Rue_Flexington
    Im torn between the @Rue_Flexington joint and the @KINGEC joint. King's beat is much cleaner and was executed perfectly. Rue's joint had that bounce that rhyme spitta's love, I can spit to that ? all day. I just wish Rue kept the vol of the guitar as high as it was in the beginning when the strings and the "oooooo" ? came in, instead of turning it down. Cant call it right now, both of yall ? killed that ? tho.

Props to the homie @Lou_Cypher , this was a dope concept for a thread. Im looking forward to Vol 2.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rue_Flexington
    Went with Rue. ? was so smooth. King EC and Benjamin were the next best.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Rue_Flexington
    When Rue's beat drops at 1:14

e163e187d80b7c26231e58461598f24a6fda032f26f58434448dd8972d1d873d.jpg
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fosheezy
    Gonna go with fosheezy on this one. Didn't have enough time to finish my beat so ? it.

Let's get part 2 crackin!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Fosheezy

REAL TALK.

? IM NOT TRYING TO BE A PRODUCER .... silly niggaroach ... soft ass ? cant handle no criticism .. that's exactly why these ? ? will continue to stay on a message board and never go nowhere besides some ? ass dusty underground artist status ... GET BETTER ? ... dont get mad ...and dont let these goofy ? gas you up in here .. thats the best advice you can get ....step your game up ... this aint little league where every ? get a trophy because there punk ass feelings would be hurt ...lmaooooooo ? in here throwing on a cape for some casio sounding ass ? ...hahahahahahaha ? yo life ?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to all 8 that was able to submit

I have no idea how some of y'all did what u did to the beat

I don't rly wanna be a judge or give an opinion the beats in here since I participated but i listened to all of them.

thnx for all the votes yall i rly wasnt sure if ? would understand mine I just coughed that up sry for the ? quality on the upload. Thnx for that honor brehs
    @JDSTAYWITIT. & obscene Lol dang i guess its easier to tell who my inspiration is than I thought. Im trying grow more in my own way tho
  • (ob)Scene
    Fosheezy

REAL TALK.

? IM NOT TRYING TO BE A PRODUCER .... silly niggaroach ... soft ass ? cant handle no criticism .. that's exactly why these ? ? will continue to stay on a message board and never go nowhere besides some ? ass dusty underground artist status ... GET BETTER ? ... dont get mad ...and dont let these goofy ? gas you up in here .. thats the best advice you can get ....step your game up ... this aint little league where every ? get a trophy because there punk ass feelings would be hurt ...lmaooooooo ? in here throwing on a cape for some casio sounding ass ? ...hahahahahahaha ? yo life ?

Ironically nobody even responded negatively to what you said. The person you quoted didn't produce anything in this thread.
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fosheezy
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    Props to all 8 that was able to submit

I have no idea how some of y'all did what u did to the beat

I don't rly wanna be a judge or give an opinion the beats in here since I participated but i listened to all of them.

thnx for all the votes yall i rly wasnt sure if ? would understand mine I just coughed that up sry for the ? quality on the upload. Thnx for that honor brehs
    @JDSTAYWITIT. & obscene Lol dang i guess its easier to tell who my inspiration is than I thought. Im trying grow more in my own way tho

it was good, but you definitely gotta put anything with Dilla production on it down for about a few years if you wanna break that ? ....trust me, I know.