Asap Rocky or Joey Badd ? : debut album

power_wisdom
power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in The Reason
Which was better and why?

Asap Rocky or Joey Badd ? : debut album 33 votes

Asap: Long Live
51%
thephantasmGhostdenithegawdPILL_COSBYBDBIIDStoneColdMikeyFyHunnitA$AP_A$TONJabu_RuleTurfaholicKamPushMe_Goldie_StillFaggyAFCashmoneyDuxBabaaaTymoney19bck145R2_163 17 votes
Joey : B4 da $$
48%
[Deleted User]eyes lownawledge_god5th Letterpower_wisdomnillerthekidKLICHEAlready Home_17BobOblahBuilt 4 cuban linxMR BUDCockMcStuffinsgenocidecutterMelqartListencloser270crownst 16 votes

Comments

• KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are dope but I gotta go with rocky
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Both were dope but I prefer the sound of Joey's album a little better.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good comparison but I like Joeys better
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Joey for the lyrics but he lacks the right tracks to spit over. He reminds me of mos def, common, kwali, currensy, KRS 1,old nas and jay Z. When they be spitting on them dry ass tracks it be hit or miss. But when they spit over a hot track ? be G.O.A.T every time.

Rocky is a mid-core lyricist but he got the whole package. So I ? with him over joey. Said this once and I'll say it again, why isn't new york pushing these cats like they trying to push troy steal a track ave? The I.C stay hating on these cats for no good reason either. They really hate charles hamilton and he better than both of these cats. He could drop the dopest track of all time today and people would be like

"aint that the dude who got punched by his girl..........get the ? out of here with this ? "
  • BobOblah
    Who's pushing Troy Average? Joey and Rocky are both doing better than him
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2015
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Man, damn near every new yaawka/east coster I run into(on and offline).

So I'm the only one who always hear his name first whenever the topic of "bringing new yaawk back" comes up? I made a thread last year asking all of them who's the hottest out there and who's better than them. I got bobby shmurder, bodega bams, some conscious back packer(can't remember his name), And mostly troy ave. Lots of est coast vets is co signing the ? out of him as well.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    nowadays only a couple people on here really believe in troy ass. he prolly had more supporters on here b4 he said that ? about artists being themselves and not street ? were weirdos
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People dont really ? with troy ave irl like that. I was prolly the only person in jersey bumping his white christmas mixtape
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015

So I'm the only one who always hear his name first whenever the topic of "bringing new yaawk back" comes up? I made a thread last year asking all of them who's the hottest out there and who's better than them. I got bobby shmurder, bodega bams, some conscious back packer(can't remember his name), And mostly troy ave. Lots of est coast vets is co signing the ? out of him as well.

most New yorkers on this forum or even offline that I talked too dont even like him. So Idk where the ? you get your ? from unless its just you sounding like an idiot again
  • power_wisdom
    Joey for the lyrics but he lacks the right tracks to spit over. He reminds me of mos def, common, kwali, currensy, KRS 1,old nas and jay Z. When they be spitting on them dry ass tracks it be hit or miss. But when they spit over a hot track ? be G.O.A.T every time.

Rocky is a mid-core lyricist but he got the whole package. So I ? with him over joey. Said this once and I'll say it again, why isn't new york pushing these cats like they trying to push troy steal a track ave? The I.C stay hating on these cats for no good reason either. They really hate charles hamilton and he better than both of these cats. He could drop the dopest track of all time today and people would be like

"aint that the dude who got punched by his girl..........get the ? out of here with this ? "

Joey had the right tracks. And I was asking who had the best album, but thanks for explaining. Old NAS and Jay made Illmatic and RD. Common and Current$y always had tight beats. And for the most part so did Talib and Mos. And KRS ? Charles H is dope though. Agree about Troy Ave too.
  • 5th Letter

New York City The Album was nice.
  • BobOblah

Nah I don't hear much about Troy Ave. I don't pay much attention to sales but I'm pretty sure sales would show that Rocky and Joey are more popular
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joey. ASAP is garbage
  • power_wisdom
    I'm go with Joey. His album was an approvement from his mix tapes. I thought all the songs were great. Asap album was dope but a step back from his mix tape. Most of the songs was dope. But over all both can tighten up with creativity and story telling and themes. But Joey had the better less flawed album. Mostly due to production and slightly better lyricism. But Asap had a better flow.
  • PILL_COSBY
    edited April 2015
    Not saying nobody name but I swear it's about 5 posters on this site who be angry as ? for no reason. They stay holding grudges off of little ? too. Like I don't care what you post they come in on some angry at the world ? lol. One's in here......... guess who?

And I was asking who had the best album
    Rocky, I feel his style a bit more. I just threw that other ? in there to explain further. I usually bring up the hate for the next generation with actual talent. That's all that was lol.

Made a thread about both of these cats ill ass tracks before. The hate was strong as ? and they were posting other new yaaawk local artist. ? just be tripping me out.
    nowadays only a couple people on here really believe in troy ass. he prolly had more supporters on here b4 he said that ? about artists being themselves and not street ? were weirdos
    I was checking for him a little since his name kept coming up as new yaawk's golden boy. Herd his ? and was kinda feeling him but didn't see the hype myself. But I heard that "all about the money" track, that ? got my attention. But then I heard it was some local artist track lol!!!!! How yo biggest track gonna be a stolen track? Dude he jacked it from handled the situation really well. Didn't even add his name on the track for the hook smh.

• BobOblah
    5th Letter wrote: »

I do ? with the title track with Prodigy and Raekwon
  • power_wisdom
    I kinda like Troy before I found out he stole the track I like the most. But Boron right. A lot of people I know ? with Troy too. At least they did. But I liked Joey and ASAP more. Though I'm not crazy about the weird ? and the dresses.
  • 5th Letter

This is one of my favorite songs by him.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=r_JI2rnG_yk
    I kinda like Troy before I found out he stole the track I like the most. But Boron right. A lot of people I know ? with Troy too. At least they did. But I liked Joey and ASAP more. Though I'm not crazy about the weird ? and the dresses.

The song wasn't stolen he told Manolo that he was going to use the song as a "remix". When it blew up Manolo was compensated.
  • PILL_COSBY

The song wasn't stolen he told Manolo that he was going to use the song as a "remix". When it blew up Manolo was compensated.
    NO ? no!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that same ? until his breakfast club interview(you seen that?). My ? kept it cool and positive but my ? C the ? got the truth out of him. He light weight said troy pulled all kinds of funny ? on him and his crew after the song caught fire. He even mentioned how his name wasn't on the track listing lol. He said they eventually worked it out and he's being the bigger man and moving on. I'm going to check for that ? now. Especially after this track, ? got talent. This ? is hella creative and aint nobody ever thought of doing this.
    For some reason this video don't get shown no more and nor do I hear the song being played anymore. Probably got something to do with troy ave. Manolo even mentioned how he called asap, joey, and K dot weirdos and lames. But he was a fan of theirs lol. You do know troy mad a remix with officer ricky right? Troy funny style as ? and he aint even really on yet. Young lito >>>> him.
  • 5th Letter

NO ? no!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that same ? until his breakfast club interview(you seen that?). My ? kept it cool and positive but my ? C the ? got the truth out of him. He light weight said troy pulled all kinds of funny ? on him and his crew after the song caught fire. He even mentioned how his name wasn't on the track listing lol. He said they eventually worked it out and he's being the bigger man and moving on. I'm going to check for that ? now. Especially after this track, ? got talent. This ? is hella creative and aint nobody ever thought of doing this.
    For some reason this video don't get shown no more and nor do I hear the song being played anymore. Probably got something to do with troy ave. Manolo even mentioned how he called asap, joey, and K dot weirdos and lames. But he was a fan of theirs lol. You do know troy mad a remix with officer ricky right? Troy funny style as ? and he aint even really on yet. Young lito >>>> him.

I heard the interview. Troy heard the song and wanted it for himself. Manolo was willing to give him the song but Troy was procrastinating so Manolo put out the record. Troy called him like a month later but Manolo told Troy that the record was already released. Troy told Manolo don't be mad if I remix the song. Manolo didn't mind that Troy used the record. Troy's version of the song blew up. Manolo was even in the video. The song was never stolen once an artist releases a song anybody can take the record and remix it just as long as it's not for profit. Since Troy was profiting from the song he had to compensate Manolo.
  • power_wisdom

I heard the interview. Troy heard the song and wanted it for himself. Manolo was willing to give him the song but Troy was procrastinating so Manolo put out the record. Troy called him like a month later but Manolo told Troy that the record was already released. Troy told Manolo don't be mad if I remix the song. Manolo didn't mind that Troy used the record. Troy's version of the song blew up. Manolo was even in the video. The song was never stolen once an artist releases a song anybody can take the record and remix it just as long as it's not for profit. Since Troy was profiting from the song he had to compensate Manolo.

He used the man words on the rap. Word for word. Then made a remix without him on it. He stole, bit it, what ever you want to call it. It's his biggest song and it wasn't even his to begin with. Wack!!!
  • 5th Letter

He used the man words on the rap. Word for word. Then made a remix without him on it. He stole, bit it, what ever you want to call it. It's his biggest song and it wasn't even his to begin with. Wack!!!
    He used a few bars in the second verse and kept the original chorus.
  • PILL_COSBY

stop it Jamaica, you acting like stew when it comes to T.I right about now. ? flat out said he basically jacked the track from him on some funny style ? . Then they worked it out. Troy a ? snake bruh, I peeped how he moves too. dude act like he done went platinum or some ? . Cuzzo look like he will climb over the top of a ? but wont reach back to pull a ? up.

You must have not heard the part where he said troy only changed a few lyrics and he wrote the whole dame song. He said he even had a verse but troy took it off. Dude took his L, worked it out on some grown man ? , and kept it moving.
  • 5th Letter

stop it Jamaica, you acting like stew when it comes to T.I right about now. ? flat out said he basically jacked the track from him on some funny style ? . Then they worked it out. Troy a ? snake bruh, I peeped how he moves too. dude act like he done went platinum or some ? . Cuzzo look like he will climb over the top of a ? but wont reach back to pull a ? up.

You must have not heard the part where he said troy only changed a few lyrics and he wrote the whole dame song. He said he even had a verse but troy took it off. Dude took his L, worked it out on some grown man ? , and kept it moving.

What are you talking about lol? He never "jacked" anything he told Manolo that he was going to remix the record. Once anybody put out a record anybody can use it however they want just as long as it's not for profit.