Teens film and laugh at drowning man instead of calling for help!

Options
5onblackhandside
5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    Well that is all they are taught these days...

What school is this?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Meh. When you live in a country that refuses to help its poor, heal its sick, care for its old, its no shock that people are in not rush to help others in need.

I blame the political right for this

there is this thing called accountability
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I imagined this was my mother dying an they sat there an laughed to better understand what others felt.. I cried ...this is very terrible
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Meester wrote: »
    Well that is all they are taught these days...

What school is this?

How to be a Savage School of Higher Learning.

but really, a bunch of people out here who shouldn't be anywhere near kids having them and raising them with ? up values.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    babelipsss wrote: »
    SMH. Unbelievably sad. I didn't watch the whole vid but I read the link. Those guys probably couldn't swim. But that is no excuse not to call 911 or try to throw something out for the guy to grab or do something. Sitting and laughing while somebody dies? Who does that? That poor man was black and handicapped. How were they raised?

All teens aren't like that. That's just a cop out.

Recording, laughing and posting this ? online was some real scumbag ? but honestly there was nothing they could've done to save the man.

He was out really far into that lake, so they couldn't throw anything to him, and I doubt any of them were trained as lifeguards. You ever try to help someone panicked in the water? If they had tried to swim out to him, likely it would've turned from a 1 man drowning into multiple drownings.

And calling 911 would've done nothing, by the time the dispatch got all the info it would've been far too late.

I just don't understand why they would put this online, tho. That ? was terrible to hear him cry out in panicked state he was in.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world we live in. Too many ppl engrossed in their phones and feel the need to share everything
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bystander effect mixed with peer pressure. Sad ? . Obviously they won't be charged but damn that's frustrating.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These new MFs just ? up these days, that's all
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Meh. When you live in a country that refuses to help its poor, heal its sick, care for its old, its no shock that people are in not rush to help others in need.

I blame the political right for this

there is this thing called accountability

Right. If you think poor people who inherit their poverty are accountable for that, then enjoy inheriting death when I refuse to save your drowning ass.

Should have spent less time complaining about taxes and more time learning how to swim.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right wingers wanna talk about pulling themselves up by their own boot straps but it all goes out the window once they need some help.

Eat a ? . Breed a culture based on help, then you can cry foul. Otherwise, enjoy sleeping in the apathy you've begotten.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should have tried to do something.I agree that trying to save drowning ppl can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? . But not something they should be charged for.

I wouldn't save a cop or a racist (against Blacks) person .... AND I would've gladly posted that ? online. ? the outrage.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The question remains; Are the teens guilty of Criminal Negligence?

Criminal Negligence

The degree of culpability is determined by applying a reasonable person standard. Criminal negligence becomes "gross" when the failure to foresee involves a "wanton disregard for human life" (see the discussion in corporate manslaughter).

The maximum penalties for criminal negligence causing ? harm and death are 10 years (14 years if the conviction is for street racing causing ? harm) and life imprisonment, respectively.

IMO they could be charged with Criminal Negligence for not calling 911. Their family lost all contact of the victim and had gone days without seeing him. They (the family) reported him "missing". If the teens had called 911 at least the family would have known what happened to him.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Criminal Negligence

The degree of culpability is determined by applying a reasonable person standard. Criminal negligence becomes "gross" when the failure to foresee involves a "wanton disregard for human life" (see the discussion in corporate manslaughter).

The maximum penalties for criminal negligence causing ? harm and death are 10 years (14 years if the conviction is for street racing causing ? harm) and life imprisonment, respectively.

IMO they could be charged with Criminal Negligence for not calling 911. Their family lost all contact of the victim and had gone days without seeing him. They (the family) reported him "missing". If the teens had called 911 at least the family would have known what happened to him.

And they supposedly had to know he was a missing person ?

What the ? is "failure to foresee" anyway ? ? don't even make no sense the way these laws are written. I will never agree with some law that holds someone responsible for seeing some ? they have nothing to do with and not doing something about it.

Especially when the law is so unequally applied to segments of the population. For instance that same law could be applied to all the partners of cops who murdered people, never did anything to help the situation, and never got charged - though 100% sure they would've got off anyway.
  • White_Owl_Willie
    White_Owl_Willie Members Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Reminds me of the alleged backstory for Phil Collin's "In The Air Tonight".
    Sounded like it was all fun and games to them til they realized he wasn't coming back up.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Criminal Negligence

They won't be charged. CNN confirmed this. Can't arrest someone for being an ? .