Do you support the statement that "Mexicans do the jobs that Americans Don't Want To Do" ?

7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in For The Grown & Sexy
Replace "Mexicans" with your immigrant of choosing. I know you heard this type of statement before.

How true do you believe it is ? Explain.

Do you support the statement that "Mexicans do the jobs that Americans Don't Want To Do" ? 60 votes

It's absolutely true.
51%
infamous114fortyacresDetroitPlayaaJusDre313GhostdenithegawdCopperjmolokaaynujerz84gdatruth2.0geronimo220StoneColdMikeyL3NUatribecalledgabiCashmoneyDuxTrillfategenocidecutterInglewood_Bchgarcia345$tayRichROLLIN 31 votes
It's ? .
48%
blakfyahkingdamnkp5th Letterwhatevathehell2stepz_aheadrickmogulsideon1984ineedpussyMECCA1000dallas' 4 evaspit_fiyaMr.LVNCswagBmore BoyCainShizlanskyVulcanRaven7figzTheBoyRoOlorun22 29 votes
«134

Comments

  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    I hear a lot of people say this ? but I don't agree with the statement. There's so many other factors -

    - I think a poor person would do a job for money (period) unless they're a person that just doesn't want to work.

    - Then in comparing Americans to foreigners, let's say Mexicans. If an American invested a certain amount of money in a college education, would you really expect them to want to stock fruit stands or accept less than minimum wage ?

    - Or for an American citizen who got a record compared to a foreigner who you just simply don't know if they have a record, isn't there a big ass difference ? A potential employer can pull a rap-sheet or whatever public record on American and refuse you a job vs a foreigner who could've been an assassin in another country but there's no record here to discriminate against them.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    don't pay enough for the work required an cultural financial stigmas an Western world spending habits
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's a sad thing really. Mexicans (and other immigrants for that matter) are not used to the ? we take for granted in the US as workers.

    They're not used to a legally guaranteed minimum wage, labor safety rules, OSHA, unions, etc. so they'll gladly take ? jobs that an American citizen would either think twice to get or have to be really desperate to get.

    They'll work ? , back breaking construction jobs that pay like $2 an hour under the table in dangerous ass conditions because the companies who hire them know they're not gonna complain to no OSHA and that they'll be thankful for them $2 an Hour.

    They'll work ? , back breaking farmhand jobs from 5 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week for ? money, getting sprayed by herbicides/pesticides/fungicides and ? with not even a ? paper mask to put on.

    So yeah..."Mexicans" will do those jobs because Americans, even the most desperate ones, have lots of other options.

    So are you saying "Mexicans" will take the illegal jobs ? Because paying people less than minimum wage and all that other ? is just straight up illegal, right ?

    Wouldn't that statement then be "Mexicans Do The Illegal Jobs That Americans Won't Do" ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    It's ? .
    It's not a true statement at all. By the numbers its false. Mexicans make up a smaller percentage than blacks so blacks are doing those jobs mostly that they claim they don't want to do.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's a sad thing really. Mexicans (and other immigrants for that matter) are not used to the ? we take for granted in the US as workers.

    They're not used to a legally guaranteed minimum wage, labor safety rules, OSHA, unions, etc. so they'll gladly take ? jobs that an American citizen would either think twice to get or have to be really desperate to get.

    They'll work ? , back breaking construction jobs that pay like $2 an hour under the table in dangerous ass conditions because the companies who hire them know they're not gonna complain to no OSHA and that they'll be thankful for them $2 an Hour.

    They'll work ? , back breaking farmhand jobs from 5 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week for ? money, getting sprayed by herbicides/pesticides/fungicides and ? with not even a ? paper mask to put on.

    So yeah..."Mexicans" will do those jobs because Americans, even the most desperate ones, have lots of other options.

    So are you saying "Mexicans" will take the illegal jobs ? Because paying people less than minimum wage and all that other ? is just straight up illegal, right ?

    Wouldn't that statement then be "Mexicans Do The Illegal Jobs That Americans Won't Do" ?

    Sure. The OP didn't specify between "legal" and "illegal" jobs tho.

    And the illegality of it is my whole point: Americans know they are entitled to certain protections and rules as workers. Most poor immigrants don't. And many of them are so desperate they wouldn't care if they did know.

    Specially if they're undocumented. Then their employers know 100% they can exploit the ? out of them.

    So it sounds like you support the statement but know that it's only because the ? is illegal...

    which I think should be the response to any MF who says ? like this.

    I think it's a ? comparison to make against a citizen that's following the labor rules and a MF that ain't.

    It's a convo that comes up more often now that this wall ? is getting talked about.

    Person 1: Mexicans taking jobs from us.

    Person 2: Nah, they doing the jobs we wouldn't do. Name a Black man that'll work in some stink ass fish market.

    etc...
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    It's absolutely true.
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's a sad thing really. Mexicans (and other immigrants for that matter) are not used to the ? we take for granted in the US as workers.

    They're not used to a legally guaranteed minimum wage, labor safety rules, OSHA, unions, etc. so they'll gladly take ? jobs that an American citizen would either think twice to get or have to be really desperate to get.

    They'll work ? , back breaking construction jobs that pay like $2 an hour under the table in dangerous ass conditions because the companies who hire them know they're not gonna complain to no OSHA and that they'll be thankful for them $2 an Hour.

    They'll work ? , back breaking farmhand jobs from 5 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week for ? money, getting sprayed by herbicides/pesticides/fungicides and ? with not even a ? paper mask to put on.

    So yeah..."Mexicans" will do those jobs because Americans, even the most desperate ones, have lots of other options.

    So are you saying "Mexicans" will take the illegal jobs ? Because paying people less than minimum wage and all that other ? is just straight up illegal, right ?

    Wouldn't that statement then be "Mexicans Do The Illegal Jobs That Americans Won't Do" ?

    Sure. The OP didn't specify between "legal" and "illegal" jobs tho.

    And the illegality of it is my whole point: Americans know they are entitled to certain protections and rules as workers. Most poor immigrants don't. And many of them are so desperate they wouldn't care if they did know.

    Specially if they're undocumented. Then their employers know 100% they can exploit the ? out of them.

    So it sounds like you support the statement but know that it's only because the ? is illegal...

    which I think should be the response to any MF who says ? like this.

    I think it's a ? comparison to make against a citizen that's following the labor rules and a MF that ain't.

    It's a convo that comes up more often now that this wall ? is getting talked about.

    Person 1: Mexicans taking jobs from us.

    Person 2: Nah, they doing the jobs we wouldn't do. Name a Black man that'll work in some stink ass fish market.

    etc...

    You're just splitting hairs to be argumentative...or because you have an opinion and you want to twist facts to back up your opinion.

    The OP did not specify between "legal" and "illegal" so I answered the question. And it really doesn't matter. The "illegal" jobs are open to American citizens too. I worked many a hot ass roofing gig taking cash under the table with American citizens back in the day.

    Americans are just less apt to take them ? jobs than immigrants are.

    Take farm hand jobs for example. 400,000 immigrant laborers work on the jobs right now.

    SOURCE: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/

    How many jobless blacks from say, Atlanta or Richmond, do you know are traveling to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to pick tomatoes at 5 am?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's a sad thing really. Mexicans (and other immigrants for that matter) are not used to the ? we take for granted in the US as workers.

    They're not used to a legally guaranteed minimum wage, labor safety rules, OSHA, unions, etc. so they'll gladly take ? jobs that an American citizen would either think twice to get or have to be really desperate to get.

    They'll work ? , back breaking construction jobs that pay like $2 an hour under the table in dangerous ass conditions because the companies who hire them know they're not gonna complain to no OSHA and that they'll be thankful for them $2 an Hour.

    They'll work ? , back breaking farmhand jobs from 5 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week for ? money, getting sprayed by herbicides/pesticides/fungicides and ? with not even a ? paper mask to put on.

    So yeah..."Mexicans" will do those jobs because Americans, even the most desperate ones, have lots of other options.

    So are you saying "Mexicans" will take the illegal jobs ? Because paying people less than minimum wage and all that other ? is just straight up illegal, right ?

    Wouldn't that statement then be "Mexicans Do The Illegal Jobs That Americans Won't Do" ?

    Sure. The OP didn't specify between "legal" and "illegal" jobs tho.

    And the illegality of it is my whole point: Americans know they are entitled to certain protections and rules as workers. Most poor immigrants don't. And many of them are so desperate they wouldn't care if they did know.

    Specially if they're undocumented. Then their employers know 100% they can exploit the ? out of them.

    So it sounds like you support the statement but know that it's only because the ? is illegal...

    which I think should be the response to any MF who says ? like this.

    I think it's a ? comparison to make against a citizen that's following the labor rules and a MF that ain't.

    It's a convo that comes up more often now that this wall ? is getting talked about.

    Person 1: Mexicans taking jobs from us.

    Person 2: Nah, they doing the jobs we wouldn't do. Name a Black man that'll work in some stink ass fish market.

    etc...

    You're just splitting hairs to be argumentative...or because you have an opinion and you want to twist facts to back up your opinion.

    The OP did not specify between "legal" and "illegal" so I answered the question. And it really doesn't matter. The "illegal" jobs are open to American citizens too. I worked many a hot ass roofing gig with American citizens back in the day.

    Americans are just less apt to take them ? jobs than immigrants are.

    Take farm hand jobs for example. 400,000 immigrant laborers work on the jobs right now.

    SOURCE: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/

    How many jobless blacks from say, Atlanta or Richmond, do you know are traveling to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to pick tomatoes at 5 am?

    Nah bruh, I'm not splitting hairs or trying to be argumentative. I am the OP and I'm trying to see your point of view.

    If the statement is that Americans won't take jobs, but you say they're illegal jobs, then I'm questioning why not say American's won't take illegal jobs.

    Let me put it another way, ignore the OP...

    Do you believe that there are legal jobs that Mexicans will take that Americans won't take ?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    And I'm asking this ? because I think that if somebody needs a job, and they believe in working, they'll take whatever they get - American / Otherwise.

    It's like comparing a person who doesn't have the mental capacity to make a decision to agreeing to something that someone who does wouldn't agree to... or let's just say ignorance vs lack of ignorance and I just don't thing it's an "apples to apples" comparison.
  • Sandinista
    Sandinista Members Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    It's absolutely true.
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's a sad thing really. Mexicans (and other immigrants for that matter) are not used to the ? we take for granted in the US as workers.

    They're not used to a legally guaranteed minimum wage, labor safety rules, OSHA, unions, etc. so they'll gladly take ? jobs that an American citizen would either think twice to get or have to be really desperate to get.

    They'll work ? , back breaking construction jobs that pay like $2 an hour under the table in dangerous ass conditions because the companies who hire them know they're not gonna complain to no OSHA and that they'll be thankful for them $2 an Hour.

    They'll work ? , back breaking farmhand jobs from 5 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week for ? money, getting sprayed by herbicides/pesticides/fungicides and ? with not even a ? paper mask to put on.

    So yeah..."Mexicans" will do those jobs because Americans, even the most desperate ones, have lots of other options.

    So are you saying "Mexicans" will take the illegal jobs ? Because paying people less than minimum wage and all that other ? is just straight up illegal, right ?

    Wouldn't that statement then be "Mexicans Do The Illegal Jobs That Americans Won't Do" ?

    Sure. The OP didn't specify between "legal" and "illegal" jobs tho.

    And the illegality of it is my whole point: Americans know they are entitled to certain protections and rules as workers. Most poor immigrants don't. And many of them are so desperate they wouldn't care if they did know.

    Specially if they're undocumented. Then their employers know 100% they can exploit the ? out of them.

    So it sounds like you support the statement but know that it's only because the ? is illegal...

    which I think should be the response to any MF who says ? like this.

    I think it's a ? comparison to make against a citizen that's following the labor rules and a MF that ain't.

    It's a convo that comes up more often now that this wall ? is getting talked about.

    Person 1: Mexicans taking jobs from us.

    Person 2: Nah, they doing the jobs we wouldn't do. Name a Black man that'll work in some stink ass fish market.

    etc...

    You're just splitting hairs to be argumentative...or because you have an opinion and you want to twist facts to back up your opinion.

    The OP did not specify between "legal" and "illegal" so I answered the question. And it really doesn't matter. The "illegal" jobs are open to American citizens too. I worked many a hot ass roofing gig with American citizens back in the day.

    Americans are just less apt to take them ? jobs than immigrants are.

    Take farm hand jobs for example. 400,000 immigrant laborers work on the jobs right now.

    SOURCE: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/

    How many jobless blacks from say, Atlanta or Richmond, do you know are traveling to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to pick tomatoes at 5 am?

    Nah bruh, I'm not splitting hairs or trying to be argumentative. I am the OP and I'm trying to see your point of view.

    If the statement is that Americans won't take jobs, but you say they're illegal jobs, then I'm questioning why not say American's won't take illegal jobs.

    Let me put it another way, ignore the OP...

    Do you believe that there are legal jobs that Mexicans will take that Americans won't take ?

    Yes. Like farm working for example. Immigrants makes up 26% of the agricultural labor force in the US which is more than in other field of labor. Now is it because they've just muscled out blacks, poor whites and other minorities or is it because historically those jobs went unfilled due to lack of interest or access from those groups?

    I don't have an answer to that. If you do please throw up some numbers and figures. I'm curious myself.

    Now when you take "under the table" gigs off the discussion then yeah, the number of positions Americans won't take goes down but they still exist.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely true.
    hell yea its true. we dont have a whole lot of mexican immigrants here, but filipinos and micronesians do those same jobs...with pride too. they say ? like we "americans are spoiled and dont want to work hard.." and "in my country _____"
    unless theyre in dire straits or dont really have other options most mfs are NOT tryna work at them street car washes or be in the field pickin up pineapples and ? ..
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    It's ? .
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    7figz wrote: »
    Sandinista wrote: »
    Absolutely. And it's a sad thing really. Mexicans (and other immigrants for that matter) are not used to the ? we take for granted in the US as workers.

    They're not used to a legally guaranteed minimum wage, labor safety rules, OSHA, unions, etc. so they'll gladly take ? jobs that an American citizen would either think twice to get or have to be really desperate to get.

    They'll work ? , back breaking construction jobs that pay like $2 an hour under the table in dangerous ass conditions because the companies who hire them know they're not gonna complain to no OSHA and that they'll be thankful for them $2 an Hour.

    They'll work ? , back breaking farmhand jobs from 5 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week for ? money, getting sprayed by herbicides/pesticides/fungicides and ? with not even a ? paper mask to put on.

    So yeah..."Mexicans" will do those jobs because Americans, even the most desperate ones, have lots of other options.

    So are you saying "Mexicans" will take the illegal jobs ? Because paying people less than minimum wage and all that other ? is just straight up illegal, right ?

    Wouldn't that statement then be "Mexicans Do The Illegal Jobs That Americans Won't Do" ?

    Sure. The OP didn't specify between "legal" and "illegal" jobs tho.

    And the illegality of it is my whole point: Americans know they are entitled to certain protections and rules as workers. Most poor immigrants don't. And many of them are so desperate they wouldn't care if they did know.

    Specially if they're undocumented. Then their employers know 100% they can exploit the ? out of them.

    So it sounds like you support the statement but know that it's only because the ? is illegal...

    which I think should be the response to any MF who says ? like this.

    I think it's a ? comparison to make against a citizen that's following the labor rules and a MF that ain't.

    It's a convo that comes up more often now that this wall ? is getting talked about.

    Person 1: Mexicans taking jobs from us.

    Person 2: Nah, they doing the jobs we wouldn't do. Name a Black man that'll work in some stink ass fish market.

    etc...

    You're just splitting hairs to be argumentative...or because you have an opinion and you want to twist facts to back up your opinion.

    The OP did not specify between "legal" and "illegal" so I answered the question. And it really doesn't matter. The "illegal" jobs are open to American citizens too. I worked many a hot ass roofing gig with American citizens back in the day.

    Americans are just less apt to take them ? jobs than immigrants are.

    Take farm hand jobs for example. 400,000 immigrant laborers work on the jobs right now.

    SOURCE: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/

    How many jobless blacks from say, Atlanta or Richmond, do you know are traveling to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to pick tomatoes at 5 am?

    Nah bruh, I'm not splitting hairs or trying to be argumentative. I am the OP and I'm trying to see your point of view.

    If the statement is that Americans won't take jobs, but you say they're illegal jobs, then I'm questioning why not say American's won't take illegal jobs.

    Let me put it another way, ignore the OP...

    Do you believe that there are legal jobs that Mexicans will take that Americans won't take ?

    Yes. Like farm working for example. Immigrants makes up 26% of the agricultural labor force in the US which is more than in other field of labor. Now is it because they've just muscled out blacks, poor whites and other minorities or is it because historically those jobs went unfilled due to lack of interest or access from those groups?

    I don't have an answer to that. If you do please throw up some numbers and figures. I'm curious myself.

    Now when you take "under the table" gigs off the discussion then yeah, the number of positions Americans won't take goes down but they still exist.

    I ain't bout that farm life (too ignorant about that industry) to speak on the facts about it.

    I would think that there are American farmers tho who just want to get paid - and I'd imagine they'd be able to employ foreign farm workers cheaper illegally but I don't think that means an American wouldn't do the job if it was offered to them and they needed the money but like I said, I don't know about that ? so I'll leave it alone.

    The fish market, fruit stand, and hard labor jobs tho - BS. I think Americans will do that ? just as much if they paid the legal wage.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    Said it in another post but don't mind doing again for the culture. Lost a gig and had a 3 month old Brand New Whip! Got a gig thru a buddy with the city contractor. Guats, Mex,DR, PR, Ecqua, El Salvador we all worked shoulder to shoulder. U name it we did it. Turned me in2 a Young Black Jack of all trades man it did. While it wasn't the most bread I kept my whip and stayed afloat. With that said, let push come to shove and the true hustla will come out of u and u'll be surprised where u work and what u do to feed wifey and them little ones ( if u have em) or even ya self. I think the heavier % lies with the work it's self not the wage that has most folks throw the hand up like nah I'm straight on that fam.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    rickmogul wrote: »
    Said it in another post but don't mind doing again for the culture. Lost a gig and had a 3 month old Brand New Whip! Got a gig thru a buddy with the city contractor. Guats, Mex,DR, PR, Ecqua, El Salvador we all worked shoulder to shoulder. U name it we did it. Turned me in2 a Young Black Jack of all trades man it did. While it wasn't the most bread I kept my whip and stayed afloat. With that said, let push come to shove and the true hustla will come out of u and u'll be surprised where u work and what u do to feed wifey and them little ones ( if u have em) or even ya self. I think the heavier % lies with the work it's self not the wage that has most folks throw the hand up like nah I'm straight on that fam.

    Facts. If Black Americans selling bottles of water in traffic, damn near getting hit by cars, walking around picking up dog ? with special "dog-? -sticks", Black women wiping old white people ? in nursing homes, working warehouse ? that ain't paying much, etc.. I don't see how MFs act like people won't do a job because it's demeaning. Some underpaying ? is a different story.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    Como dice el dicho ( Learned that Saturday night) : U know how the saying goes: A job ain't nothing but work @ the end of the day. I've dug Graves and secured the highest of gigs with (get this) 2 of the WORLD'S most recognized Fortune 500 companies @ their corporate locations and walked after I got tired with ZERO regrets and doing just fine right now. Again, Jobs ain't nutn but work man and we all perform daily just as 7figz emphasized.
  • farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the jobs per se, it's the pay they do said jobs for. No American born person is doing menial tasks for $10 a day

    This
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    It's ? .
    It's not the jobs per se, it's the pay they do said jobs for. No American born person is doing menial tasks for $10 a day

    Nah sis, Walmart and Kroger both pay below $10 / hr. You ever see how many people back bags sometimes in grocery stores, they probably getting even less.

    I also just read that Mickey D's pays $10 for part time workers.

    And a lot of Americans work these jobs.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    I wonder how this UBI ( Universal Basic Income) will affect Everything when this mass Exodus if D.A.C.A. happens. We all will bare witness in less than 6 mos. Welcome 2 what some of us asked for!
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mexicans days of terror are over lol
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely true.
    Some of yall completely ignoring the many jobs illegals work and most people would rather beg for money on the street than do

    If it wasnt for migrant workers picking fruit OJ would cost u like $10 a gallon at the store
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Some of yall completely ignoring the many jobs illegals work and most people would rather beg for money on the street than do

    If it wasnt for migrant workers picking fruit OJ would cost u like $10 a gallon at the store

    I dont give a ? go home and do the job
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's absolutely true.
    Sandinista wrote: »
    You're just splitting hairs to be argumentative...or because you have an opinion and you want to twist facts to back up your opinion.

    The OP did not specify between "legal" and "illegal" so I answered the question. And it really doesn't matter. The "illegal" jobs are open to American citizens too. I worked many a hot ass roofing gig taking cash under the table with American citizens back in the day.

    Americans are just less apt to take them ? jobs than immigrants are.

    Take farm hand jobs for example. 400,000 immigrant laborers work on the jobs right now.

    SOURCE: http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/03/26/share-of-unauthorized-immigrant-workers-in-production-construction-jobs-falls-since-2007/

    How many jobless blacks from say, Atlanta or Richmond, do you know are traveling to the Eastern Shore of Virginia to pick tomatoes at 5 am?

    @Sandinista I think you're on the right track and mean well, but your statistics are irrelevant.

    There's no way to count how many immigrant workers are in the U.S. because, by their very nature, they're here illegally. You say there's 400,000 immigrant laborers but the number could be more like 4 Million and we'd never know because they're undocumented.

    There's another dynamic that hasn't been addressed. American Citizens qualify for welfare, food stamps, section 8 and disability. Immigrants (especially undocumented immigrants) don't qualify for those programs. In other words an American can sit home and watch TV while collecting welfare. Why would he want to be out on some farm in 90 degree weather picking vegetables when he can get a check from the government?

  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ? .
    I don't ? with illegals. Especially adults.

    They can kick rocks.