What's your purpose for living

LordZuko
LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's the reason you wake up everyday?

What keeps you motivated to live life?

What keeps you from committing suicide or a slower method of destruction?

Comments

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing.

Living is my reason to live.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because "Life about who make it, not who make it the fastest".
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordZuko wrote: »

1. because I'm alive bro
    2. curiosity
    3. reason
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serve ? or die trying
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

'Cos I'm a fighter not a quitter...

Life's a ? , but ? forbid the ? divorce me ....
  • fortyacres
    fortyacres Members, Moderators Posts: 4,480 Regulator
    edited September 2017
    i dont want to die just yet...

i know if we make alien contact before i kick the bucket.
  • LordZuko
    I only ask because it seems that life feels so circuitous. We get up and do the same ? day in day out, year in year out like we aren't progressing as a species.

For all the bluster of western civilization, ? are really still doing the same ? , we use technology to do the same ? ? were doing 100, 200, 1000 years ago, Chase ? , get lit, get money.

It feels like the human condition is a prison.
  • rickmogul
    rickmogul Members Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meet ? half way First! 1) Spread knowledge. People like listening to me so I've always made it a point to have Superior oratory skills when passing verbal gems. 2) Study our ( Black ) past and ancestors. 3) Be kind and have fun.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only ask because it seems that life feels so circuitous. We get up and do the same ? day in day out, year in year out like we aren't progressing as a species.

For all the bluster of western civilization, ? are really still doing the same ? , we use technology to do the same ? ? were doing 100, 200, 1000 years ago, Chase ? , get lit, get money.

It feels like the human condition is a prison.

Repetition is apart of life. It what makes us sane. Humans have a difficulty getting out their comfort zones, and are use to doing daily routines.
  • LordZuko
    Repetition is what drives us to madness as well. People in general do the same ? 5 days a week and try to wild out for the next 36-40hours just to escape the reality they bout to go do it all over again.

In less developed countries they do this for six days and they relax by going to church.

Like we think we are progressing but we're marching in this loop there's some bumps some dips some hills and valleys to climb to cast an illusion but it's still an enclosed circuit.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    to help my family an those less fortunate or not as knowledgeable
  • HerbalVaporCapers
    HerbalVaporCapers Members Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learning stuff. I wanna learn and understand as much as I can about Allah and the world before I check out
  • LordZuko

So helping others is your purpose? So you need the misfortunes of others in order to feel valuable.

What would happen if your family told you they don't need you. "Appreciate it fam but no thanks"

What would be your purpose then?
  • LordZuko
    Learning stuff. I wanna learn and understand as much as I can about Allah and the world before I check out

Allah is a pagan moon ? formerly known as allat.

The world is better. What then will acquiring this knowledge do for you? If you were to gain all the knowledge of the world at age 39 and 3 days, would you be ready to die at age 39 and 4 days?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing things I enjoy.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Allah is a pagan moon ? formerly known as allat.

The world is better. What then will acquiring this knowledge do for you? If you were to gain all the knowledge of the world at age 39 and 3 days, would you be ready to die at age 39 and 4 days?

Impossible to gain all knowledge.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My kids
    My girl
    Family
    My dog
    Friends
    Love
    Music
    Self knowledge and self improvement
    Bubble baths
    Good food
    Sunny days
    Rainy days
    Snowy days
    Spreading positive vibes
    Working out
    Dancing
    Singing

If I think of more I will be back.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suicide has never cross my mind.. or any self destructive behavior.. Im riding this ? to the wheels fall off.. i aint giving it gas
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

So helping others is your purpose? So you need the misfortunes of others in order to feel valuable.

What would happen if your family told you they don't need you. "Appreciate it fam but no thanks"

What would be your purpose then?

I dint do it for a thank you. having kids an a wife an being a man for them.....is my purpose.
    growing an bettering myself is my purpose.

in the process ...I can give to other what I have obtained. I am a simple man with an abundance. once fam is secure....then your job....well my job is to help others.

it's but so much a person needs....other are hungry an barefoot.

how can you overlook that?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Loved ones... money. (Not in that order)

I think if I woke up in another world, with complete amnesia not knowing who my family and friends were, I'd live life totally different.

I'd still try to get $$$ money but I'd give 2 ? about saying ? this ? .

Average life just ain't rewarding enough, I'm not religious, I'm not rich, no small kids depending on me... gettin older, probably gonna start gettin some chronic illnesses and ? - ? all that.
  • AggieLean.
    AggieLean. Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mane above keeps on waking me up each morning, so I keep on serving him and pushing..

My baby daughter keeps me motivated. I had a great childhood, and I push so hers is better than mine.

What keeps me from suicide? My daughter and my little brother. I know one day I'll be gone from this earth, but I can't go yet because my little girl hasn't been equipped with my values as she's very young. Once I feel she's ready, then I'll be alright to go. Also, I just couldn't imagine killing myself. Even through the down and hard times, life is great and has been good to me.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gotta lie. I'm close to my point right now and I'm still so young. I'm trying to figure what I really want to become later on in life. It's depressing when you have no life purpose or no end goal. Has suicide ever cross my mind? Once in a while, though I never tried an attempt. My family keeps me going day in and day out. Right now all I think of, that's motivating me, is somehow helping out more of my family members in Nigeria. And making a difference for them. Other than that, ? everybody else.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭