People with kids that don't evacuate during hurricanes need to face jail time.

konceptjones
konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
We got family in Florida. Some in Miami, some in Orlando. One cousin in Orlando has little girls and the ? still sittin in his crib talmbout riding out the storm. The cousin in Miami with kids married a cat that has a daughter from a previous marriage. The cousin in Miami packed up her kids and bailed to Atlanta, leaving her new husband behind. The mother of his child is staying put in Miami, so he's staying. We told him to go sock that ? in the mouth, grab your kid and bail. Ain't no way in hell a judge is gonna convict him of domestic abuse or kidnapping under the circumstances. My 19 year old has a friend in Ft Lauderdale that's absolutely terrified. Her pops won't let anyone leave so it's her and her 4 siblings plus mom and dad in their old ass crib that ain't built to survive a storm of this magnitude.

After the storm has passed... and Hurricane Jose has passed... And maybe Katia... Every one of them needs to be brought up on child endangerment charges and have those kids taken from them. Every single person that has kids that didn't evacuate out of the area or at least to a shelter needs to face prison time. Them kids don't deserve to go through that ? just 'cause you're a ? idiot. If you're that much of a ? that you would intentionally put your child in harm's way you simply don't deserve to have those kids 'cause clearly you have some sort of mental defect that prevents you from making decisions in the best interest of your children.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Florida is different ...now i havent went to a shelter kus i got to much pride....but thats like taking people kids away kus they live in cali an earth quakes litterally every year a hurricane can do this its a season
  • konceptjones
    Florida is different ...now i havent went to a shelter kus i got to much pride....but thats like taking people kids away kus they live in cali an earth quakes litterally every year a hurricane can do this its a season

We can't really predict earthquakes, so that's not really a good comparison.

We knew about Irma for two weeks before it made landfall. We spotted Jose and Katia soon after. There was plenty of time to get the ? outta dodge. If you can't afford it then get to a shelter designed with a hurricane in mind.

? is like letting your kids play outside during a tornado watch or warning in the midwest. Even if it doesn't touch down, you make sure your kids are safe where they need to be.
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The news media should be included. Those tv reporters have kids too. Why do they stand out in the middle of a storm that they just sensationally hyped would ? everyone?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know - I can't say all that, like bringing them up on charges and ? .

Maybe they got shelters built into their crib, or made their own preparations... or maybe the reports are overblown ?

I'm not in Florida so I can't say but the weatherman ain't always right - I have seen MFs exaggerate a lot.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    babelipsss wrote: »
    The news media should be included. Those tv reporters have kids too. Why do they stand out in the middle of a storm that they just sensationally hyped would ? everyone?

Put reporters in jail bc their jobs require them to report hurricanes on location?....makes sense
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited September 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • konceptjones

no...
  • konceptjones
    ^^^ can't disagree with anything you said, but I believe that families finances play a part in who can relocate and who can't

True, and those folks with slim pockets shoulda been the first to line up at them shelters.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. If you leave your kid in a hot car then you going to jail. Its the same principle here.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if they all survive didn't they make the right call? And if they all die they won't be doing that again.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u don't have the money to up and leave then what? What if u have no car and I generational from the projects and have no where to go?
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you stay somewhere where there is certain distruction then you have a point.

But unless your people in Orlando house is built in the middle of a ditch they going to be straight. They might lose power That's it.

Most houses can ride out a hurricane unless it's on some Andrew ? . Now if you stay somewhere that floods easily then yeah get the ? out.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ain't ? getting ? up in orlando.
  • konceptjones
    aneed123 wrote: »
    If u don't have the money to up and leave then what? What if u have no car and I generational from the projects and have no where to go?

They were bussing people to shelters. There are no excuses.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »

They were bussing people to shelters. There are no excuses.

Shelters in the same city the storm is? Also folk who have nothing then having to relocate is hard to convince to move
  • blackgod813
    Well then we should just move out of Florida because is going to happen to a extent every year....an if you believe in global warming well..
  • konceptjones
    Well then we should just move out of Florida because is going to happen to a extent every year....an if you believe in global warming well..

OR... plan for this type of thing in advance. If you know there's a chance your spot could get hit by a hurricane every year, set aside a couple thousand dollars for evacuation every year. When you gotta evacuate, you have the means to do it.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been wondering the same thing.

Like, wtf are Al Roker and Lester Holt even doing in Florida...........when everyone was told to evacuate?

They're making it seem like it's safer than it really is.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    But if they all survive didn't they make the right call?

And if they all die they won't be doing that again.

rdscbn9y7gyu.gif
  • blackgod813
    Well the hurricane is over now
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're in a zone that has mandatory evacuation orders then I'd totally agree. Especially if you're further south in FL where the storm hadn't had a chance to weaken by travelling over land.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭

? yall had 2 weeks notice!
    There was definitely knowledge of this storm well ahead of time. The hurricane did however, unpredictably shifted west towards the Tampa bay area within the last 24 hours.