Youtube trying to sneak people with Ytube red subs

Options
Hevalisk
Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
It now pops up as a little white box in the right had corner.

Simply states "Try ad free youtube red"

TRY IT FOR FREE | No thanks.

Now, I imagine it would be very easy for some people to hit the try it for free on impulse/ accident and forget they ever did it.

Here's the thing.

For a lot of people Youtube already has their billing info through Google play.

If they click that try it for free, Youtube will automatically sign them up for a Youtube Red sub after the free version is over, unless they changed it up to avoid criticism, but I'm not clicking it to find out.

/rant /slightly informative post

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in order to get any 'free' trial, you gotta put your billing information in and it tells you it will bill you after the trial or just to cancel before

pretty much everyone should know this and if they don't, nothing can happen legally because of the warning they do give

I do this all the time and a week before the trial ends, I mark it on my calander and it pops up as a reminder to cancel
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Man ? racist ass youtube shutting Black peoples' channels down and want a MF to pay for that ? ?

... and FB.

I'm waiting for their downfalls / replacements.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see no ads or ads to remove ads. ABP FTW.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Man ? racist ass youtube shutting Black peoples' channels down and want a MF to pay for that ? ?

... and FB.

I'm waiting for their downfalls / replacements.

I noticed that too.

What's worse, is they even have discretion over whether or not they'll pay for whatever content they put up.

Granted, it depends on profanity and a few other factors (don't remember the specifics)...........but it's borderline censorship.

I think it has something to do with advertisers not willing to put ads on anything with profanity or "questionable" content.

Thing is...........who defines what's questionable and what isn't?

Totally subjective.