SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights (wk 31) * the Its...JOHN B battle royal*

Options
DR. JEK
DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Reason
Welcome fellas to the best song battle on the internet on weekends. If these songs were on the radio same time which song would you keep it one and why?

OK fellas, going for four weeks as champ is Notorious Big Bang with One More Chance (stay with me) I have thrown the Keys to @Its John B this week so it's on him to up the topic or tag people to vote (no swaying the). So let's go ahead and get this going. Winner of this week will go against whoever @Built 4 Cuban Linx pm me for next week.

In this Corner we have Our dominate champ, please welcome Notorious BIG with One More Chance!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fPxvklXLPSU#

And in this Corner we have our first challenger our resident Wu officiates please welcome Raekon and Ghost and Nas with Verbal Intercourse!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cGeI10EyPAc

And in this corner we Have Jay who was champ not long ago trying to get the title back. Please welcome Jigga back with Song Cry!!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w5srnNrICJo#

And lastly we have our southern representatives please welcome Outkast featuring legendary Slick Rick with Da art of Story telling!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0tamp9XdqU#

Vote or die yall!!

And please type out why you voted for whoever.

SATURDAY classic vs classic......who is tonights (wk 31) * the Its...JOHN B battle royal* 23 votes

One more chance. STAY WITH ME
30%
a_listdwade2065th Letterachewon87IbexBuilt 4 cuban linx5 Grand 7 votes
Verbal Intercouse
26%
lion_heartnawledge_godSoloman_The_WiseAZTGKneeGro_DuperManRevolver Ocelot 6 votes
Song Cry
17%
dalyricalbanditDR. JEKbck145Beefer77 4 votes
Da Art of Storytelling
26%
bigbird_1illedoutKoltrainits....JOHN BTheGOATBedStuy 6 votes

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Song Cry
    Song Cry my fave Jigga song (not best)

• bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Song Cry
    Song cry is so smooth
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Art of Storytelling
    Da Art of Storytellin so smooth
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate that I have to keep picking this song, I mean it’s a good song but not that good to be winning for damn near two months. Nigs need to come harder with their selections.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Art of Storytelling
    Three in the morning yawning dancing under street lights
    We chilling like a villain and a ? feeling right
    In the middle of the ghetto on the curb, but in spite
    All of the ? we on our back staring at the stars above
    Talking bout what we gonna be when we grow up
    I said what you wanna be, she said, "Alive"
    It made me think for a minute, then looked in her eyes
    I coulda died, time went on, I got grown
    Rhyme got strong, mind got blown, I came back home
    To find lil' Sasha was gone
    Her mamma said she with a ? that be treating her wrong
    I kept on singing my song and hoping at a show
    That I would one day see her standing in the front row
    But two weeks later she got found in the back of a school
    With a needle in her arm, baby two months due, Sasha Thumper

~3 Stacks~

This the song that made me a fan of OutKast !!
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Song Cry
    Ibex wrote: »
    I hate that I have to keep picking this song, I mean it’s a good song but not that good to be winning for damn near two months. Nigs need to come harder with their selections.

How about the week after next we will make it ur week so we can see these "Harder Selections" you speak of?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Art of Storytelling
    DR. JEK wrote: »

How about the week after next we will make it ur week so we can see these "Harder Selections" you speak of?

No one will vote for his trash selections
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I'm assuming I got next week right?
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Song Cry
    5th Letter wrote: »

Nawl Bro, @Built 4 cuban linx got next week. I'm tryna see what @Ibex tryna do. If he decline you can be the week after Linx. If not you gotta be after Ibex.
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Song Cry

? be making me laugh all the time tho. ? ? me when they be on that "come on wit these ? songs" rhetoric until it's "THEIR WEEK" to take the keys. It's not easy sometimes to get an even battle. Everybody like a different kinda thing sometimes.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Nawl Bro, @Built 4 cuban linx got next week. I'm tryna see what @Ibex tryna do. If he decline you can be the week after Linx. If not you gotta be after Ibex.

Alright
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jek, I just pm you my song selections. When do I have to message you by?
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh you have one of the worst musical ears on this board. You don’t listen to no music that wasn’t made in 91-97 and not from New York. If you had the chance to either smash Amber Rose or jump in a Wu-Tang cypher you picking the cypher. FOH with your bias wack opinion.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Art of Storytelling
    The video and song is classic
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Song Cry
    Jek, I just pm you my song selections. When do I have to message you by?

Yea anytime between now and Friday so you got some time to think of a song. Send me one song only that you feel strongly about because your week won't be a battle royal.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Song Cry
    And let's get some more votes fellas! The scoreboard is close as ? right now, any of the four songs can win. If we got a tie by noon pacific time tomorrow ima have to pick the best vote explaination. Right now I like @illedout 's vote
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Art of Storytelling
    4 way tie going on with my selections! How about that for having “one of the worst musical ears”
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When those first two keys play, everyone still goes crazy. Lanx album is in my top 5, but One More Chance is just a legendary song.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The making of....

https://youtu.be/_q_ZlGlgjaw
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Song Cry
    One more hour y'all

And it would be nice if one of the Verbal intercourse guys wrote an explanation. If they finished tied with one more chance it look like I gotta rock with one of their votes.
  • DR. JEK
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Song Cry
    OK my vote is song Cry

All the choices are decent joints to me but I think Song Cry had the perfect beat to fit the perfect mood that Jay was going for. A dope concept of If a song could cry what would it sound like? What stories would be told. Perfect for the Blueprint which is Jays best album, I don't care what you reasonable dought cats say. Before Song cry Jay was more known for flossing, and drug dealing joints. It showed he has more capabilities as an MC when he dropped this.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Song Cry
    So I guess One more Chance survived. I wanna thank everyone that voted. We will be back next weekend with another one. The Built 4 Cuban Line week. See y'all back here Saturday.