yooo Wiz Khalifa Got Next, (not j. cole)

fuc_i_look_like
fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in The Reason
Soo I'm sitting up in my living room and just saw Wiz's "Black and Yellow" video for the first time on TV. And all I can say is...it's a wrap. 2011 is definitley gonna be HIS year. Since Kush & Orange Juice dropped in April, dude has just been getting bigger and bigger. I'm not even a die hard fan, but I can recognize when an artist is about to really blow up. Dude gets his props too for doing all this ? by himself. (He turned down touring with Drake...that alone says somethin bout Wiz)

Out of all the up and comming rappers, Wiz got the most potential IMO. I know some ppl be thinkin J cole gonna blow up. But I really just DON'T see it happening. (For alot of different reasons) And Wiz being in the news for that weed charge, is just gonna add to his overall hype.

Do you see Wiz blowing the ? up in 2011? Any of yall honestly still think J.Cole bout to be more popular than Wiz?? HAHAhA

Comments

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    So you couldn't make a Wiz got next thread, without having to diss Cole.

I mean, I just ranted on this, and BAM less than 10 minutes, a live example.

Haters gon hate.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I can't fully cosign this thread because I do feel like J.Cole is going to blow up. But, what I do agree with is Wiz blowing up. He has star written all over this ? . Every once in a while someone comes around and just takes over and out of these new ? (granted he's not the most talented of all of them) he's going to be the next star in hip-hop in MY opinion. I feel like its inevitable.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    So you couldn't make a Wiz got next thread, without having to diss Cole.

I mean, I just ranted on this, and BAM less than 10 minutes, a live example.

Haters gon hate.

aint nobody hating on j.cole. i dont know that ? . it's a thread title meant to get attention...it obviously got yours.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Next rapper to go to jail or next rapper to get temporary success and fall off (Mike Jones). Yall are so ? caught up in that instant success nonsense and fail to realize it's about longevity, there are alot of rappers who slowly built their fanbase up and had 10-15 year careers.

I would much rather have a Nas like career (aside from his L's) than be a Ja Rule, Mike Jones, Nelly,etc and fizzle out.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    sboogie wrote: »
    he got next in the prison ? line....

i doubt he gonna see any prison time..
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    I don't know how he does when he's terrible.....
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    i can't agree with this ?
    wiz is very limited
    he'll still have his 'lane' and fanbase
    but after a while that weed ? gets tiring and a real ? gotta sober up for ? like work and court
    plus
    curren$y>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    wiz ? got next YO!
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Next rapper to go to jail or next rapper to get temporary success and fall off (Mike Jones). Yall are so ? caught up in that instant success nonsense and fail to realize it's about longevity, there are alot of rappers who slowly built their fanbase up and had 10-15 year careers.
    I would much rather have a Nas like career (aside from his L's) than be a Ja Rule, Mike Jones, Nelly,etc and fizzle out.

that's what wiz did tho. he's been out since 05/06. Dude had an almost cult like underground following before he got more mainstream this year. He didnt have any instant success, wiz has been workin to get his name out there for a minute.
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010

Nobody is caught up in "instant success"

Do realize that this ? Wiz has been sitting, SITTING on songs from Kush & OJ for months now and has only gotten bigger, all the while RARELY putting ? out. He has built his fanbase from the ground up for years, this isnt some "he came out of nowhere" ? .
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    aint nobody hating on j.cole. i dont know that ? . it's a thread title meant to get attention...it obviously got yours.

I should say I clicked the next thread button to take the satisfaction away from your ol shock postin lookin ass.

But you right. :\
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    i can't agree with this ?
    wiz is very limited
    he'll still have his 'lane' and fanbase
    but after a while that weed ? gets tiring and a real ? gotta sober up for ? like work and court
    plus
    curren$y>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yo i was thinking the same ? about him being limited. BUT I think he did the whole weedhead act to get a core fan base. Now that he getting more popular, he probally gonna chill out a lil bit with all the weed talk. Hence picking Black and Yellow as his single and not a weed song
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010
    yo i was thinking the same ? about him being limited. BUT I think he did the whole weedhead act to get a core fan base. Now that he getting more popular, he probally gonna chill out a lil bit with all the weed talk. Hence picking Black and Yellow as his single and not a weed song

I think the bigger he gets the more he'll experiment subject wise. If you listen to Deal or No Deal (Granted its an album of new songs and old songs) when he's not rappin about weed he's basically a regular ass ? . I have no worries about this ? switching his ? up.
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    that's what wiz did tho. he's been out since 05/06. Dude had an almost cult like underground following before he got more mainstream this year. He didnt have any instant success, wiz has been workin to get his name out there for a minute.

Oh a whole 5 years and hasn't release a real album, i am speaking about selling albums and generally increasing your fan base and sales. I don't count mixtapes as real music, i mean something like how Outkast did and just got bigger and bigger after every album release.
  • onepunch
    onepunch Banned Users Posts: 2,420
    edited November 2010
    Drake had next.....nikki minaj is next.....j.cole is next...wale is next.....sho else will we be forgetting about next year?
  • BackInWhite
    edited November 2010
    Oh a whole 5 years and hasn't release a real album, i am speaking about selling albums and generally increasing your fan base and sales. I don't count mixtapes as real music, i mean something like how Outkast did and just got bigger and bigger after every album release.

so what the ? is j.cole doing?
    where was he 5 years ago when wiz was dropping mixtapes and building his fanbase?
    where was he even 2 or 3 years ago when wiz was on the radio with "say yeah"
    you just contradicted the ? out of yourself, ?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010
    $pyda wrote: »
    I think the bigger he gets the more he'll experiment subject wise. If you listen to Deal or No Deal (Granted its an album of new songs and old songs) when he's not rappin about weed he's basically a regular ass ? . I have no worries about this ? switching his ? up.

yea dude has switched his style/flow up alot thru the years. His first album Show and Prove, it's hard to tell that it's Wiz. Just cuz he don't sound or rap like that at all anymore
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010

C'mon son, here you go again finding a way to discredit some rapper with some outlandish comment. How are mixtapes not "real music" so its fake music? Has or has not Wayne made a killing off his mixtape game? or 50? ESPECIALLY 50. At least Wayne was already putting albums out. But 50 also started from the ground up. So Far Gone made Drake a household name. What are you trying to get at right now...
  • fuc_i_look_like
    edited November 2010

the ? ? wiz already got 2 studio albums under his belt. Granted they didn't do huge numbers, but he still been putting in work. J Cole got ZERO albums and one single that made no noise.
    where was he 5 years ago when wiz was dropping mixtapes and building his fanbase?

^^^^
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010

I dont even agree with how you feel about J.Cole, but cosign this post in general. This ? is trying to discredit the success or buzz or whatever you wanna call it that Wiz has built up.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    dam do folks wake up with j cole on their minds another somebody is better than j cole thread

just not a big wiz fan ? just sounds and comes off as a complete cornball not to mention that his lyrics aren't that great

but that black and yellow track is alright and catchy so i give dude his props he's made a lane for himself
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    C'mon son, here you go again finding a way to discredit some rapper with some outlandish comment. How are mixtapes not "real music" so its fake music? Has or has not Wayne made a killing off his mixtape game? or 50? ESPECIALLY 50. At least Wayne was already putting albums out. But 50 also started from the ground up. So Far Gone made Drake a household name. What are you trying to get at right now...

Not sure what us meant but for me I kinda used to think the same way. But as mixtapes become basically all original I had to re think looking at it that way. Guess i just view an actual album as a real piece of work that they artist has put together to make a cohesive musical offering worthy of my money. Where as i used to just view mixtapes as basically throw away ? or folks just spitting over other's ppl's beats. But i can say i changed my view on that as mixtapes appear to get better and better and are basically being put together as albums minus all of the hype and promotion. Mixtape singles actually lead to an aritst getting his real album out in the streets. Like if one of this j cole songs floating around had really hit his album probably would have dropped by now. It's real music and a lot of it it's becoming superior
  • BackInWhite
    edited November 2010
    I dont even agree with how you feel about J.Cole, but cosign this post in general. This ? is trying to discredit the success or buzz or whatever you wanna call it that Wiz has built up.

that's what i'm sayin
    ? come in here all big and bold talkin bout instant success
    when j.cole ain't did ?
    but he hypin that ? up to be the next best thang smokin
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited November 2010
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Not sure what us meant but for me I kinda used to think the same way. But as mixtapes become basically all original I had to re think looking at it that way. Guess i just view an actual album as a real piece of work that they artist has put together to make a cohesive musical offering worthy of my money. Where as i used to just view mixtapes as basically throw away ? or folks just spitting over other's ppl's beats. But i can say i changed my view on that as mixtapes appear to get better and better and are basically being put together as albums minus all of the hype and promotion. Mixtape singles actually lead to an aritst getting his real album out in the streets. Like if one of this j cole songs floating around had really hit his album probably would have dropped by now. It's real music and a lot of it it's becoming superior

I definitely agree. Way back mixtapes were basically showcases of ? talent over a popular song or some ? but when we basically entered this decade the mixtape game changed. Thanks in part to 50, who made mixtape tracks in regular song format. Nowaways these mixtapes are basically like albums and the music is original and everything. I can't wait for Friday Night Lights son.
  • usmarin3
    edited November 2010
    the ? ? wiz already got 2 studio albums under his belt. Granted they didn't do huge numbers, but he still been putting in work. J Cole got ZERO albums and one single that made no noise.

^^^^

Who dat 19 on Billboard rap charts and 93 on the pop charts, All i want is you 61 on pop charts, but i'm sure in your mind Wiz is charting, back up your talk with facts and numbers dude.