playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    CNN for me; over under Boehner crying in 15 minutes
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol @ Obama coming out the gate with the ass kissing.

Here we go with the "we disagree but we're all Americans" ? .
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Boehner looks like an oldschool (adam west) Batman random thug
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    There's very little drama to this speech since the Social Security cut fears were shot down. Obama'll have a bunch of slam dunk standing ovation feel good moments thanks to Mr. Loughner (not guilty!). Conservatives will ? about exploitation, but they'd be weeping like little ? if it were St. Reagan doing it.

They got an "enhanced mode" for the WhiteHouse.gov stream with charts and ? , its like some new school Ross Perot swag up in this ? .

Paul Ryan will deliver a boring official GOP response and then Michelle Bachmann will deliver a HILARIOUS Tea Party response.
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Here we go with the "we disagree but we're all Americans" ? .

that's what put em on in 04, e pluribus unum and whatnot
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    that's the ? that put em on in 04, e pluribus unum and whatnot
    Aint gonna KEEP him on.

This ? is a snore fest so far. Somebody needs to scream "YOU LIE" again or something.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How cute.. the PR shots of dems and republicans sitting together.. Soon as this ? over Politics as USUALE
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? (dont care if it's spelled wrong) is not happy about that Clean Energy ? AT..ALL.

His face stayed stone cold when Obama said no more tax dollars to oil companies LOL

And sorry I dont give a ? about the winner of the science fair :(
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    smh @ Biden.

Stay cracking me up.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Really Colorado.. way to be relatable.. talk about.... Philly.. NY..Chicago..

Lmao @ Colorado.. appeal to the bread basket.
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol @ this "Teachers are our saviors" jackoff session.

Sorry but...they're really not.

? is looking at Obama like, "this ? right here...."

How do you not clap or every student having access to education?

LOL @ Republicans.
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hopefully that bit about nuclear means he's gonna work with Republicans to build new Nuke Plants.

All our current nuke plants were designed to run for 25 years or so. Our "newest" plant is 40+ years old.

France does it ? and has never had a problem. The energy output dwarfs everything else available. I agree with progressive environmentalism like 95% of the time but this is one of their issues where those hippies are ? and should ? themselves.
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options

You have to teach them well..

skip to 20
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LOL immigration.

You know damn well that ? ain't happen, Barry.

But it'll win Latino votes. *wink*
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2011
    Options

*dead* @ President Darc airing out hoes for not raising their kids right during the SOTU
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Hopefully that bit about nuclear means he's gonna work with Republicans to build new Nuke Plants.

All our current nuke plants were designed to run for 25 years or so. Our "newest" plant is 40+ years old.

France does it ? and has never had a problem. The energy output dwarfs everything else available. I agree with progressive environmentalism like 95% of the time but this is one of their issues where those hippies are ? and should ? themselves.
    I agree..........

And he aint gonna get all that high speed rail ? . Americans are too superficial and love their cars too much. Not to mention there is video of rats crawling up people's legs in subways and ? . I dont need that life.
    LOL immigration.

You know damn well that ? ain't happen, Barry.

But it'll win Latino votes. *wink*
    Pretty much.

He just wants the debate so by 2012 he can say "see...I tried. But the republicans wouldnt let me. I'll try again term #2.......................................IF YOU VOTE FOR ME."
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what does this mean?
  • playmaker88
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    what does this mean?

Asteroid Cometh.. hide in the cellar
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Watching on fox because their HD is the best between the news channels for me.

Nice joke about airport Pat Downs, would be nice if instead of jokes he actually dismantled the TSA.

"Rigged the tax code" , guard your wallets
  • DarcSkies
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    what does this mean?
    Double State of the Union Rainbow?

What does it mean?
  • Helen H.
    Helen H. Members Posts: 173
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lol Boehner's like "WTF is this dude talking about?"
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Swiffness!
    edited January 2011
    Options
    fwiw

The president won't give his annual State of the Union address until later tonight, but in an important way, the speech has already worked. For the past week or so, news report after news report has dutifully relayed the argument the president is planning to offer tonight: America needs to be competitive going forward, and to be competitive going forward, it needs to invest in things like infrastructure, R&D and education, not just reduce the deficit.

And it's...worked. The conversation has changed. We've stopped just talking about deficits and begun talking about investments. House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was on "Meet the Press" on Sunday fretting that the word "invest" is mere code for "more spending." Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell echoed him on "Fox News Sunday." “With all due respect to our Democratic friends, any time they want to spend, they call it investment," he said.

A political consultant once told me that the essence of a good message is that it has to turn the conversation over to something popular that you support and -- even more crucially -- that your opponents don't support. A good speech full of high platitudes doesn't do much for you in the long run, because so long as the other side agrees with your platitudes, voters have no reason to prefer you to them. A good speech that focuses the public's attention on things that they and you support and the other party doesn't is much more valuable, as it sets up a conversation in which voters can learn that they prefer your vision to the other guy's.

In some ways, the danger for Democrats was that Republicans would've let the call for investment pass without a peep, agreeing in general even as the House never moved any of the money. But they're peeping plenty. It looks like we're going to have an argument over investment in this country, not just over deficit reduction. Obama will get to present his case that economic leadership requires investing in infrastructure and education and research, as well as cutting the deficit, and Republicans will be able to make their argument that the strategy should be pretty much all cuts. And that's exactly what the White House was hoping for.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    How cute.. the PR shots of dems and republicans sitting together.. Soon as this ? over Politics as USUALE

Basically...thats why I dont seriously follow politics. Its the same old bs politics as usual that never help the people thats struggling never get ahead.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    on msnbc they showed a row of black folks labeled as "Guests of Speaker of the House"

that made me lol for some reason

boehner doesnt look happy about ANYTHING lmao
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Basically...thats why I dont seriously follow politics. Its the same old bs politics as usual that never help the people thats struggling never get ahead.