Sade to push 425k...AUH!!!

Options
duckmanpig
duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
edited February 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
now thats wassup...
Soul singer Sade's Soldier of Love is reportedly en route to debut ahead of the competition next week with one-day estimates of 425,000 copies.

The singer may sell more or less depending on winter blizzard conditions in the north east region.

According to one-day sales reports from those retailers not up to their necks in snow, the album will debut at #1 next week with a total somewhere between 400-425k, with bad weather back east and Valentine's weekend shopping the two variables. The week's other top debut looks like Atlantic R&B crooner Jaheim, whose Another Round, the follow-up to 2007's gold-certified The Makings of a Man, appears set to go over the 100k mark, and could do as well as 110k. (Hits Daily Double)

Comments

• Question Authority
    Question Authority Members Posts: 494
    edited February 2010
    Options
    These early projections based on one-day sales are usually a little lower than what the artist actually ends up selling. I wouldn't be surprised if she nearly cracks gold. It's impressive either way, though.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I aint know she could rap, thats wassup imma go get that real quick
  • duckmanpig
    duckmanpig Members Posts: 428
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Plap Star wrote: »
    I aint know she could rap, thats wassup imma go get that real quick

lol no I posted it here cuz it would just get deaded in the alternative forum
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's was sup good for her, she's been outta music for a while now. SMH @ the ? talking about he didn't know she could rap, she's a singer.
  • Amadeus1
    Amadeus1 Members Posts: 56
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol @ ? that use every gimmick in the book leading up to their album release and getting beat by a female that's been out of the game for a minute!
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is a prime example of good music speaking for itself. It's almost unheard of nowadays to nearly go gold in one week. Hell, nowadays it's almost unheard of to go gold period. Good to see Sade still doing her thing after all these years. She hasn't destroyed her career with any gimmicks or trend-following. To me, she's still the best in her genre.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Once again the older artist (Maxwell, Sade,etc) prove that it pays to have a fanbase and sell base on talent not gimmicks such as beefs, dissing,etc.
  • supern0va_
    supern0va_ Members Posts: 214
    edited February 2010
    Options
    good news for a good album. :tu

got it on repeat right now, it's good music, timeless. a lil shorter than I would have liked tho, at only 10 songs. : /

!!!

I can't get enough lol
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah it's a worthy album,it's soothing worth spending 9.99 on,not enough good r&b albums out there anymore,so this is a breath of fresh air to the game.this album sounds more like the sade we've known