Willie Lynch...

Options
zoepian
zoepian Members Posts: 991
edited January 2011 in The Social Lounge
any article i read about him says he was a slave owner in the carribean but it never specifies which island or country... which country yall think it is and how u analyze that place''s mentality today compared to the rest of the black countries? i think it mite have been jamaica... they killin each other off like crazy out there but u wont hear about it cuz of the tourist thing...

Comments

• Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't think Willie Lynch ever existed, apparently the speech was fabricated in the 1990s.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The validity of the letter is irrelevant.. because... .. the implications are very real.
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited January 2011
    Options
    good to kno... suspected that but u hear about him so much that it sounds believeable...

but the way i see most black ppl treat each other.. makes it even more believeable
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    reminds me of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It was probably fabricated but the process was taking from the Arabs and refined. Jamaica and Barbados were known as places broke slaves in.

There was a William Lynch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lynch_%28Lynch_law%29

Lynching supposedly comes from Charles Lynch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching#Etymology
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The validity of the letter is irrelevant.. because... .. the implications are very real.
    it's not entirely irrelevant because people shouldn't be using it in debates as something that actually happened
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It was probably written by some black guy to metaphorically hold a mirror up to our faces in an attempt to wake some of these ignant ? up and show us how bad we make ourselves look sometimes.

Either way, like one poster said, the implications are very real.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    I don't think Willie Lynch ever existed, apparently the speech was fabricated in the 1990s.

word. but its all about the message of how white people view or viewed us. thats the point.

and how we are being controlled and how we hate each other but love the white man, a-rabs, and puerto ricans.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It was probably written by some black guy to metaphorically hold a mirror up to our faces in an attempt to wake some of these ignant ? up and show us how bad we make ourselves look sometimes.

probably so, but its still true in a sense and still a wake up call.

look at these internet videos. we fight each other with so much rage. but we never see that same rage on a-rabs and the whites. if it happens, we dont see it on the internets or the local news.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »

Either way, like one poster said, the implications are very real.

aint this a....

1295014783464.gif
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    aint this a....

1295014783464.gif

Lol i was lookin at that like .. huh! that that new spam..
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »
    Yep it was all a hoax.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    aint this a....

1295014783464.gif

Lol at this ? . Swagger jacking on the first post.