Why do the New Yorkers of today have the biggest mouths and live off its past glory ?

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Legend in Two SportsPosts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in AKA Donkey
from rappers to the everyday people .... these cats in NY pop off more than anybody just talk off at the mouth just to be talking ...

yea i'm from NY we about getting fly blah blah blah ... maybe if these dudes brought some substance to what they were about instead of thinking just being "New York" is enough people would take em more serious ....

Comments

• drunkenone
    drunkenone Members Posts: 173
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Because if they didn't, they'd probably ? themselves. They've done nothing of merit in anything in the present but are quick to point out past ? . Fans nowadays are on some old Janet Jackson "what have you done for me lately" mindstate (which they should be). You pay homage to the past, elevate that in the present an build towards the future. These fools running off at the mouth should just ? themselves.
  • Sh0t
    Sh0t Members Posts: 1,162
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It took me a few years to ween myself off that. I grew up in NYC, but as I've traveled the world and lived in California for the past 10 years, I have to say NYC is supremely overrated. The rap is still better, but not by much(which is a bad thing for everybody).

Part of it is because NYC has changed so much since the 80s and 90s. Much cornier.
  • FieldTripsToTheHood
    FieldTripsToTheHood Members Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Bill Burr touched on this...moreso the sports side of thing but MORE than appropriate for this discussion.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I remember long ago on the subway some short ass dude with a Brooklyn accent and an American flag in his back pocket was mouthing off to these college kids.

I dont know what they were arguing about cuz I caught the argument like when we were all getting off the train.

Dude just kept saying, "Hey...I'm from Brooklyn...I'm from ? Brooklyn"

Needless to say he was promptly told nobody gave a ? . They both talked back and forth but nothing happened.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    crazy how mods moved a thread that was G&S material to the donkey ..... LoL

why ya mad ?
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as soon as NY started trend sweating instead of trendsetting ? went downhill

like Cam said " When da ? we start bouncin?"
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Blame Jay-Z.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Word. New Yorkers get computers putin'. They don't bounce.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    it's actually the fault of all these rich living off their parents hipsters that come from everywhere else to new york and decide that they now live in a real city that they're new yorkers and they can ? on everybody else.

there's other reasons of course but usually that attitude is displayed by people who are not originally from new york.

but then again, as a new yorker, i put my dingaling on this thread (no peanut oil)
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Some did and some did'nt. When I was in the Navy some of them cats were cool, some were some straigth ? . One of my good friends that lives in the Chi is from Harlem and she cool as hell
  • jasonwllms55
    jasonwllms55 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    as a native NYC-er i dont have anything to say.....everyone "put on" for they city, so what's wrong when we do it?
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Go to the Bronx and hold a sign up wit this question on it.. I guarantee we will see u getting boot stomped on some worldstar vid that same hour.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    but t/s is from Toledo Ohio tho LOL

FOH w/ this hating thread
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Word. New Yorkers get computers putin'. They don't bounce.

yeah and southerners get ice cream cones with lightening tattooed on their face
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    but t/s is from Toledo Ohio tho LOL

FOH w/ this hating thread

aye player u act like i'm really trying to ? on these cats i'm asking a honest question .....

yea ? i'm from toledo but what does that have to do with THE THREAD TITLE ....

? catching feelings from different area codes over ? from OTHER areas codes ass ? ... ? wrong wit u today .

u in DC ? by way of jamaica ... why the ? u putting on a superman stunt for NY cats ... I thought u caped bitchese player ...
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2011
    Options
    BoYBe$T wrote: »
    aye player u act like i'm really trying to ? on these cats i'm asking a honest question .....

yea ? i'm from toledo but what does that have to do with THE THREAD TITLE ....

? catching feelings from different area codes over ? from OTHER areas codes ass ? ... ? wrong wit u today .

u in DC ? by way of jamaica ... why the ? u putting on a superman stunt for NY cats ... I thought u caped bitchese player ...

no capery @ all on my part

it's just city ? really don't even pay attention to the next city ? 's braggadocious claims

I've seen many a NY ? get slumped by ? from Bumfuck, Anystate plenty of times

but it seems like only dudes from tumbleweed towns actually wonder why NY ? are the way they are

and real talk DC ? don't really ? with NY ? like that, you know the story of Wayne Perry and Alpo

Wayne Perry lived on my same block as a kid and shot up a carwash in my neighborhood ? with them NY ? SMH
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    no capery @ all on my part

it's just city ? really don't even pay attention to the next city ? 's braggadocious claims

I've seen many a NY ? get slumped by ? from Bumfuck, Anystate plenty of times

but it seems like only dudes from tumbleweed towns actually wonder why NY ? are the way they are

and real talk DC ? don't really ? with NY ? like that, you know the story of Wayne Perry and Alpo

Wayne Perry lived on my same block as a kid and shot up a carwash in my neighborhood ? with them NY ? SMH

@BOLDED I see u steady dissing ... but to get to the point I made the thread because I wanted a honest explanation which I knew I wouldn't get which is why I made the thread .... to see a bunch of obnoxious loud mouth NY ? catch feelings ....

but instead the only person who caught feelings was u ... a DC ? .
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2011
    Options
    @BOLDED I see u steady dissing ... but to get to the point I made the thread because I wanted a honest explanation which I knew I wouldn't get which is why I made the thread .... to see a bunch of obnoxious loud mouth NY ? catch feelings ....

but instead the only person who caught feelings was u ... a DC ? .

word...you caught me bruh

I caught severe feelings

SMH @ you letting ? shake your foundation LOL

you used to be a direct dissing ? , now you letting ? convert you into that subliminal ? ? diss game

I'm disappointed in what you let these e-streets turn you into son

what would ? say about this?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited January 2011
    Options
    isn't lyfe jennings from toledo?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    word...you caught me bruh

I caught severe feelings

SMH @ you letting ? shake your foundation LOL

you used to be a direct dissing ? , now you letting ? convert you into that subliminal ? ? diss game

blah blah mumbo jumbo = ya whole post

like I said u see the thread title ? .... stick to the script this isnt about e-streets or none of that ...

I made the thread because I knew I had a case that wouldn't be overturned which u proved by flipping the subject to "e-streets" ....

@i'm that guy yea lyfe is from toledo he doing 3 right now ....
  • blakfyahking
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blah blah mumbo jumbo = ya whole post

like I said u see the thread title ? .... stick to the script this isnt about e-streets or none of that ...

I made the thread because I knew I had a case that wouldn't be overturned which u proved by flipping the subject to "e-streets" ....

@i'm that guy yea lyfe is from toledo he doing 3 right now ....

• I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hate to hear that..........he really a wild ? ?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options

again blah blah blah .... whats ya situation player ? address it because its obvious u have one ...{ slowly } U ARE FROM DC THIS DOES NOT PERTAIN TO U ...

with that said ? breeze back and apply ya fingers/keyboard to something more valuable then baiting with no real cause ....

@the ? question IDK ask her .....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2011
    Options
    hate to hear that..........he really a wild ? ?

yea prior to this sentence he had already done a 10ball for arson ......

he seems cool ... guess he got that temper though .

? has talent .