WTF happened to Evan Turner?

Options
Seansosa
Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
havent heard anything about him since he got in the league...i thought he would be a sure stand out

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what happened to the guy from West Virginia that bob huggins was caressing? i think he's writing children's stories now
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He was smart to not participate in any pre-draft stuff in order to avoid any injuries. But, he was rusty as hell during the Sixers' summer league. He's shown flashes here and there, but his goose was cooked as soon as Jodie Meeks took his spot in the starting lineup.

People are trying to say that he can't co-exist when Iguodala is in the starting lineup with him, but that's ? . I think a combo of him hitting that 81-games season wall and lack of overall conditioning is hurting him. If he does the summer league thing next year, I think he'll be way better than what he's shown during his rookie year.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    idk what happened...people were sayn he was gona be the next brandon roy
  • Seansosa
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He was smart to not participate in any pre-draft stuff in order to avoid any injuries. But, he was rusty as hell during the Sixers' summer league. He's shown flashes here and there, but his goose was cooked as soon as Jodie Meeks took his spot in the starting lineup.

People are trying to say that he can't co-exist when Iguodala is in the starting lineup with him, but that's ? . I think a combo of him hitting that 81-games season wall and lack of overall conditioning is hurting him. If he does the summer league thing next year, I think he'll be way better than what he's shown during his rookie year.

i heard he came in a lil over weight in the summer league
  • Seansosa
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    idk what happened...people were sayn he was gona be the next brandon roy

he doesnt get the enough credit
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He doesn't get a lot of burn i remember doug collins laughing when somebody asked him was he the most NBA ready player coming out the draft
  • DrMindbender122
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He doesn't get a lot of burn i remember doug collins laughing when somebody asked him was he the most NBA ready player coming out the draft

Dough Collins was more than lenient with him in the beginning of the season. Turner's spot in the sarting lineup was all but guaranteed. But when he started bombing this season and posting goose eggs in the "points scored" section of game stats, Collins had no choice but to pull him. Plus, it certainly didn't help that Jodie Meeks started showing that he could play and basically elbowed Turner outta the starter's spot.

Like I said: If Turner participates in summer league play, he'll be fine next year. He REALLY needs to step his game up in the offseason. Maybe go play with some of OSU's players in the summer; train with some other NBA players; hire a personal trainer; etc. I dunno, but he needs to do something. I'm not ready to call him a bust just yet, though.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited January 2011
    Options

Doug Collins was more than lenient with him in the beginning of the season. Turner's spot in the sarting lineup was all but guaranteed. But when he started bombing this season and posting goose eggs in the "points scored" section of game stats, Collins had no choice but to pull him. Plus, it certainly didn't help that Jodie Meeks started showing that he could play and basically elbowed Turner outta the starter's spot.

Like I said: If Turner participates in summer league play, he'll be fine next year. He REALLY needs to step his overall game up in the offseason. Maybe go play with some of OSU's players in the summer; train with some other NBA players; hire a personal trainer; etc. I dunno, but he needs to do something. I'm not ready to call him a bust just yet, though.
  • Seansosa
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Doug Collins was more than lenient with him in the beginning of the season. Turner's spot in the sarting lineup was all but guaranteed. But when he started bombing this season and posting goose eggs in the "points scored" section of game stats, Collins had no choice but to pull him. Plus, it certainly didn't help that Jodie Meeks started showing that he could play and basically elbowed Turner outta the starter's spot.

Like I said: If Turner participates in summer league play, he'll be fine next year. He REALLY needs to step his overall game up in the offseason. Maybe go play with some of OSU's players in the summer; train with some other NBA players; hire a personal trainer; etc. I dunno, but he needs to do something. I'm not ready to call him a bust just yet, though.

word..cause greg oden got that locked the ? up!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

yea i was a fan of turner at ohio state he has talent but its not all there he still has time to improve
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    he'll be aight, just a tough rookie year..
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He doesn't get a lot of pt anymore. He used to play some decent minutes but the last few months it's like he's the invisible man. It's easy to forget that he's even still in the league. I saw an interview with Doug Collins and he said that he's not playing him much because of matchups. He said if Turner can be used and has a favorable matchup the he'll play him He says he's going to bring him along slowly. But it seems lie Turner did something early into the season to get demoted.
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    he still better than mike conley *'ye shrug*
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    he'll be aight, just a tough rookie year..

yeah, co-sign
    ? ready 2 jump off that bandwagon but i'm still confident in the man.
    he's still learning the game.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    havent seen much of him....
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    1 Year of Pro Basketball and Folks ready to call you a Bust.....u know how it goes.....

As if your playing days are over and that you cant improve at the age of 22 ....
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Seriously, I didn't think Evan was THAT good @ OSU (he was nice, but I just didn't see "IT"), but he's got a whole lot of time to improve. As we all know, some people come along slower/quicker than others.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i laugh at dudes calling him a bust after 40+ games really?

hes tryna get in where he fits in right now not everybody gona avg 20 points 5 ast 7 reb at the start

Doug Collins aint tryna throw the season away rite now by starting a rookie and letting him develope but hes gota throw him some minutes off the bench where im sure Turner hasnt been since JV High School prolly

check back on h im after year 3 or 4 if hes still on the bench for a borderline .500 team then we can talk
  • Seansosa
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i laugh at dudes calling him a bust after 40+ games really?

hes tryna get in where he fits in right now not everybody gona avg 20 points 5 ast 7 reb at the start

Doug Collins aint tryna throw the season away rite now by starting a rookie and letting him develope but hes gota throw him some minutes off the bench where im sure Turner hasnt been since JV High School prolly

check back on h im after year 3 or 4 if hes still on the bench for a borderline .500 team then we can talk

i didnt say he was a bust...i just asked what happened to him..i followed him at osu and he was nice.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »
    yeah, co-sign
    ? ready 2 jump off that bandwagon but i'm still confident in the man.
    he's still learning the game.

It's the pros, he should already know the game
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i remember a lot of analyst saying he was a hit or miss guy...so far he is a miss
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If he stayed one more year at Ohio St he would be able to improve those weaknesses he is displaying right now but its still early to call him a "bust". He plays on a Philly team that's loaded offensively had he went to a team where he could get more shots up his numbers would be a bit better. Fair to make an assessment 2nd year that's when most players step their game up.
  • JYo79
    JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Seansosa wrote: »
    havent heard anything about him since he got in the league...i thought he would be a sure stand out

the hell with evan turner who dat in your avi son!!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The same way .. ? want to put ppl in the HOF after a year.. you cant just say hes a bust a wrap.. or a ? relax