Are we just a generation of cheaters?

Options
f.cashflow99
f.cashflow99 Members Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
4 real man, i feel like so many people have accepted that cheating is almost a norm these days & atttitudes it are almost to a point where it comes part of a relationship.

I mean i've heard females tell me 'if he cheat as long as he come back to me, then we can stay together' or 'if he aint doing it right, then you have to go elsewhere'....

Then you have people who act like a kiss in a club or some dry ? aint cheating, just a lil bit of fun. I must be truthful in a way that id say 90% of yall have cheated who come in this thread.

What the ? is up with our generation, is this the downside to technology (e.g blackberrys that cant be hacked)....does music play a role???

For the record im old school man, i like to stay with my chick, if i dont wanna be with her and somebody else, i leave her first, is that so hard?

Comments

• Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    are you a female?
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited January 2011
    Options
    If it wasn't for STI's, people wouldn't be monogamous if they had a choice.

Men cheat, women cheat. They aint ? .
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? been cheating since the beginning of time
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    more like a generation of excuse makers
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Any action that does not cause suffering or prevent people from being happy is victim-less.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    we are a generation of gluttony and technology
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No no no.

All this ? happened every generation.

You ? just too young to see it.
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    MICHAEL-V.I. Members Posts: 1,898 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

4 real man, i feel like so many people have accepted that cheating is almost a norm these days & atttitudes it are almost to a point where it comes part of a relationship.

I mean i've heard females tell me 'if he cheat as long as he come back to me, then we can stay together' or 'if he aint doing it right, then you have to go elsewhere'....

Then you have people who act like a kiss in a club or some dry ? aint cheating, just a lil bit of fun. I must be truthful in a way that id say 90% of yall have cheated who come in this thread.

What the ? is up with our generation, is this the downside to technology (e.g blackberrys that cant be hacked)....does music play a role???

For the record im old school man, i like to stay with my chick, if i dont wanna be with her and somebody else, i leave her first, is

that so hard?

New School R & B is the DEVIL
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ^^^ most sense you ever made
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    edited January 2011
    Options

skype right now white girl?

Ayo Technology

I see you got joke's Roscoe

That's Thee Blackest I've ever see you look

you been tannin ?
  • ptnutz
    ptnutz Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    IDK, cheating has always been around, people used to be ashamed of it so they kept their mouth shut. I've heard too many stories about someones pops, or grandpa with a kid by 2 sisters in a small town and everything. People are more selfish and foul now, but 24/7 and the internet make it seem more prevalent than it really is.
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? a skype boy!!!
  • MICHAEL-V.I.
    edited January 2011
    Options

? a skype boy!!!

hilarious

tinychat? yo webcam?

when ? where ? why ? how?

anytime? anyplace P?
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Temptation and people not giving a damn

I don't think when people get in a relationship they know they are gonna cheat from the beginning, but it happens. After one time tho, its a wrap. That relationship should be over.

Just be honest people. Most people don't have it in them to be faithful.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You think cheating wasn't big in your parents generation? Of course it was. People were just more discreet about it. These days it's easy to confess your sins anonymously (like on the IC). And I'm sure it is a LITTLE more prevalent, just because social networking and the internet makes it so much easier to cheat. But also so much easier to get caught. But ? all that. This is my REAL question for the T/S:

You REALLY think dancing with a chick in the club and grinding on her is cheating?
  • jasonwllms55
    jasonwllms55 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i do think our generation values commitment less...however are we a generation of cheaters? i wouldnt say that. I avoid cheating at all costs by not being committed, plain and simple. I dont see why more people dont do that. Especially black men. We are outnumbered by women. Exercise those options man.
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think it happened after the rise of birth control
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Nothing's changed.

Only now with the Internet, the gateway to the world is your laptop and it's easy to tell your truest thoughts and admit your devilish deeds while hiding behind an avatar and a screen name.

It's easier to put someone else on blast and let the whole world know about it. Everybody knows everybody's business now.

I have no problems keeping a secret to myself without disclosing it to anyone. I'm not bound by guilt or anyone's perceptions of morals. Truthfully, I don't "need" anyone to know the truth about me and you can think whatever picture I paint for you. Most people ain't built like that and have this drive to strive to be "good people" and be accepted. After they feel guilty about some bs they CHOSE to do, they need to rationalize and "get stuff off their chest" to feel better about themselves. So they log on and let loose. That's what a large part of forums on the Internet are, a dumping ground for people's ? .

This is where you at. If you don't like it log off ni--a.
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    what it is, is human nature. we got this idea that we wont be attracted to other people besides who ur with. and thats some ? . especially if yall been together for some years. cheating happens because people are jealous, so we as humans cant be open about ours feelings. jealousy is weakness.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? been cheating since the beginning of time

Exactly. Ppl back in the day had bout 5 wives at a time ? ain't nothing new
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    more like a generation of excuse makers
    i do think our generation values commitment less...however are we a generation of cheaters? i wouldnt say that. I avoid cheating at all costs by not being committed, plain and simple. I dont see why more people dont do that. Especially black men. We are outnumbered by women. Exercise those options man.

I agree with all the above
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I personally don't see the point of relationships anyway they seem so contrived. I feel like people getting married in their 20s early 30s basically gave up and conformed. I rather live my life single no strings attached exploring the world meeting different women and forming uniques bond with each of them.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

For the record im old school man, i like to stay with my chick, if i dont wanna be with her and somebody else, i leave her first, is that so hard?

? stop. You sound like you're crying right now. What makes you think that previous generations had better morals than ours??? Who started this train of thought that allowed past generations to get righteous about the current generation.

So let me get this correct before my generation there was never adultery???

before my generation women were treated equally???

before my generation women didn't stay with cheaters (so I guess poppa wasn't a rolling stone, huh?)

shut. up.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I can't cosign this thread...? act like this is the worst generation....people been doing this ? since the dawn of time
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Exactly. Ppl back in the day had bout 5 wives at a time ? ain't nothing new

C/S. ? had 2 separate families & ? LOL. Women just didnt say ? b/c well...they couldnt

My pops told me about ? like that back in the day. He's from NC so in the south u saw ? like that. His best friend Joe lived right up the street from him & he had a sister. Whenever he went up the street to play w/ him his sister would always come w/ em. Well there was a woman & her 2 kids who lived right next door & her 2 kids always came out to play w/ them too. Pops said he always noticed they looked alike but didnt know why. Well as he got older he found out the answer was simple...they were all siblings!!! Joe pops had his side ? & their 2 kids living right next door to his wife & 2 kids. ? aint never seen no real ? ? like that in they life LOL. Women today wouldnt complain if they really knew the ? their great grandmothers & grandmothers went thru.