So you gonna raise your kid with reality ?

Options
7figz
7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Or you gonna have them believing in Santa Claus and the easter bunny ?

You gonna tell them to believe in Adam and Eve and worship images of a white Jesus ?

What about gender ? Are you gonna tell your son to never ever hit a girl and let some little butch kick him in the nuts every day ?

You gonna tell your daughter to wait for prince Charming or are you going to teach her to work and take care of herself ?

----

As for me, I'm not even going to try to convince my kid to believe in the bible because I'm not even convinced. Santa Claus - dead. Tooth fairy - dead. If I had a daughter who ever got divorced and then got alimoney, I'd have no respect for her.

Comments

• KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    alimony isn't inherently wrong

if a woman gives up her professional life to raise a guy's kids for ten years and is then back out on the job market because of a divorce, the former husband has to pay up for a period of time
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nobody on here should be having kids
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    alimony isn't inherently wrong

if a woman gives up her professional life to raise a guy's kids for ten years and is then back out on the job market because of a divorce, the former husband has to pay up for a period of time

It's not like she was physically forced to do it. She did it because she chose not to go out and work.

By the way, it's her kids too.

Remember we're talking about 2 grown people here, in a time of "equal" rights.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Why wouldn't I tell my kids about santa claus. Lol you ? take "being real" to a ridiculous level. I'ma let them enjoy their childhood fantasies for as long as possible.

But I've already spoken with my girl (future wife) about this religion ? . She wants to bring her children up in the church. I'm all with that, but that means I have to go to church too. Which is totally wack. But that's a wackness I can eat until the child is 13. Because when I became a teen my parents couldn't force me to go to church anymore. If she wants to use religion to teach them morals, be my guest, but I'ma flip the script like a muhfucka when they are teenagers.

Oh and I will be having a open door medical policy in my crib. No way will I have my daughter asking her ? friends how to deal with boys/pregnancy/std. ? outta here.
  • The_Recruiter
    The_Recruiter Members Posts: 289
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I dont think anything is wrong with what you're mentioning.

believing in the santa and the tooth fairy aint the end of the world. let them be children

white baby jesus is another story. people ? over this ?