Why DA F#CK is Everybody Always Asking For John Gruden?

Options
ICame4Pussy
ICame4Pussy Members Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
If the ? was that good, he would still be in Tampa. Maybe im missing something, but that ? aint no elite coach

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They praise dude like he really win that Super Bowl on his own merits. But in all actuality, that was Tony Dungy's team and should've been his ring, too.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    They praise dude like he really win that Super Bowl on his own merits. But in all actuality, that was Tony Dungy's team and should've been his ring, too.
    He won it against the team he previously coached, no? So does he deserve credit for the Raiders getting to the Superbowl and playing against him?
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He won it against the team he previously coached, no? So does he deserve credit for the Raiders getting to the Superbowl and playing against him?

Gruden didn't do the work that Dungy did with that team, is what I'm saying. We'll never know for sure what might've happened if Dungy had stayed. But seriously, as well as that team was put together, u, me or anyone else could've coached that team to a championship.

Dungy was a lame duck when he got canned by TB.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? john gruden

Basically...

Gruden was brought to Tampa bcuz they thought he could provide some more offense which was needed at the time the Bucs still finished middle of the pack the year they won the superbowl he didnt change ? from dungy team..
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dats the ? I be wondering fam. Every time an opening is available, ohhh John Gruden, John Gruden. I'm like they must have forgot dude was fired in Tampa. He didnt leave on his own.
  • Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Gruden is highly overrated I thought he was a average coach or slighty above average coach, But he gets a lot of hype he won a superbowl with a team dungy assembled. Didn't dungy take them to the NFC championships a few times? I'm a Bronco fan and a lot of people were asking for gruden on the message board, I was wondering what do they see in dude?
  • Straight Cash Homie
    Straight Cash Homie Members Posts: 66
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Gruden didn't do the work that Dungy did with that team, is what I'm saying. We'll never know for sure what might've happened if Dungy had stayed. But seriously, as well as that team was put together, u, me or anyone else could've coached that team to a championship.

Dungy was a lame duck when he got canned by TB.
    You know who couldn't coach that team to a Super Bowl? That would be Tony Dungy.

I respect the hell outta Dungy, but Gruden was what was needed for that team to win. He is the polar opposite to Dungy and that Bucs team needed that.

Gruden might not be the best ever, but he's not some Rich Kotitie-like scrub.
  • bow to royalty
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Basically...

Gruden was brought to Tampa bcuz they thought he could provide some more offense which was needed at the time the Bucs still finished middle of the pack the year they won the superbowl he didnt change ? from dungy team..

That's what I'm sayin. He was supposed to know how to put together a good offense, but he never got our offense workin. The defense held the team together, and that was all Monte Kiffin's (who I feel bad for) work. All he did was bring in aging players like we were just 1 player away from a SB as opposed to a team that needed to be put together. Joey Galloway, Antonio Bryant, Jeff Garcia. Then the offensive players he was draftin. Man....this thread is gettin me ? of.
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    john Gruden should go back to tampa bay
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    What do you expect, he markets himself every week on MNF...he's constantly in the public eye and he makes himself seem like the greatest thing since sliced bread..
  • bow to royalty
    edited January 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    john Gruden should go back to tampa bay

What the hell?

imager.php?id=94923 GIFSoup
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think Gruden is overrated. Good coach but not great.......
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cause he's a good, proven coach. if you coach 7 seasons and have a + winning %, then thats better than alot coaches can say. He's definately not a top tier coach. but how many top tier coaches are on the market? Thats why he gets talked about. when you look at whats available, he's as good as any.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    He's a decent coach, but he better go to a team with established veterans. He can't build a team from ground up, only a handful of coaches in the league can do that (like 5 or 6 tops).

I'd rather see him stay in the booth. He makes up for the lack of John Madden with his commentating style, but he's always been overrated as a coach, imo.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Basically...

Co sign. Gruden didn't bring any offense to the team. The defense won that ring