Kevin Garnett's 'Beat L.A.' shoe

Options
John_Blazini
John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
It's usually below Kevin Garnett(notes) to taunt an opponent. Actually, no it's not. KG is known for rubbing it in the face of all manner of opponents. Postgame, sure, he'll be the first guy to offer you a handshake, win or lose, but during the game? All bets are off. Especially if you happen to be a 6-2 point guard who wasn't born in the continental United States.
So when word leaked out that KG was planning to wear a stylized ANTA-brand shoe that threw Boston's all-time record (152-120, as pictured above) against the Los Angeles Lakers, in a game against the Los Angeles Lakers? Well, it's pretty typical.
And it's pretty cool. Kudos to KG for putting himself out there, like that, especially as Sunday's hyped-up contest against the defending champs is in Los Angeles. If the 2004 MVP has a less than stellar time out, he's going to be on the hook.

ept_sports_nba_experts-664454420-1296181338.jpg

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    those are atrocious

i dont dont see 'beat la' on the shoe anywhere
  • blank..
    blank.. Members Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It doesnt say "Beat LA" it just shows the superior all time winning record the C's have against the Lakers.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ept_sports_nba_experts-655655474-1296181304.jpg

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? him and those ugly ass shoes.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    ept_sports_nba_experts-655655474-1296181304.jpg

Is that supposed to be Boston Harbor?
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Dude been a celtic for like 3 yrs put your own personal record against the lakers smh trying to overhype yourself for a January game
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    how the ? you gon put ther record against la on the shoe....that ? will change and the shoe would be irrelevent
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    152 wins aside..i still wouldnt be one to put 120 losses on the shoe as well
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    being on winning teams brough his ? side out more or was he always like that ........
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KG is about as tough as he is muscular....
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Those shoes are ugly and he hasn't been a Celtic that long to even make a shoe like that against the Lakers. It would be more respectable if Pierce did it, since he's a part of Celtic history now.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'd rather wear bigb's Birdman Lugz then those abominations.

? wearing the neon green,silver and yellow 20.5s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

ept_sports_nba_experts-664454420-1296181338.jpg

them btiches is ugly. altho it b better if it actually said 'beat LA'...b/c at least then he could wear'em for more than 1 game...
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    those ? look disfusting
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    adidas-crazy-kobe-2-3.jpg

I'll wear those Beat L.A. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i wear these ? moon boots hell....smmfh.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think it pains KG to know that he won't be in the discussion of top 5 PF's in 10 years. He's gonna be the guy who people say, "well, what about KG?" and ? like "OOOOOOOOH YEAH! HIM! You can throw him in the top 10."

KG's legacy is one of never having the stones to lead a team to the finals.

? KG!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I think it pains KG to know that he won't be in the discussion of top 5 PF's in 10 years. He's gonna be the guy who people say, "well, what about KG?" and ? like "OOOOOOOOH YEAH! HIM! You can throw him in the top 10."

KG's legacy is one of never having the stones to lead a team to the finals.

? KG!

Dumb ? post right here^^^^^^ smfh KG was the only player in NBA history to average 20 points 10 rebounds and 4 assist for 9 straight years he's been the NBA MVP and won defensive player of the year he has over 20,000 points, he's a 13 time all-star, a 9 time all NBA player, and 10 time all defensive team member. How the hell did you expect him to win a championship when he had nuthin but bumb ass ? wit him on he Wolves back when the west was ? tough. so do some research before you talk reckless
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't see your point. Gary Payton has numbers too, but I don't see ? foamin' at the mouth to put him in their top 5.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Is that supposed to be Boston Harbor?

its kg's eyes ?
    lol
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I don't see your point. Gary Payton has numbers too, but I don't see ? foamin' at the mouth to put him in their top 5.

You said 10 years from now KG will be forgotten he's been the second best power forward this decade. Just because you dont like him doesn't mean he didn't do anything for his career
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    1209127_o.gif
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    edited January 2011
    Options
    You said 10 years from now KG will be forgotten he's been the second best power forward this decade. Just because you dont like him doesn't mean he didn't do anything for his career

When was the last time you've even see Gary Payton's name even mentioned on these boards? I'm not hatin', although I do hate that ? , but there's nothing about him to make you remember him. He wasn't particularly polarizing, he played it safe and played his position. He was a smilin' ass ? . This mean mug ? didn't start coming out till a couple years ago. He was really good with no rings. There was nothing excited. Tim Duncan was good with a boring game but he also has what is it? 4 rings? KG has one ring he had to jump ship to get it. No one is going to be talking about KG in 10 years.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    I'd rather wear bigb's Birdman Lugz then those abominations.

? wearing the neon green,silver and yellow 20.5s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this man knows his kicks...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i like the just not the fabric of them
  • uptownsolja
    uptownsolja Members Posts: 105
    edited January 2011
    Options

Name a PF not named Tim Duncan who was/is better since KG hit his prime and accomplished as much as he did with a ? ass squad before he "jumped ship"??????
This discussion has been closed.