Name a movie that could have done without a sequel?

Options

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    half past dead

friday

blade

barbershop

tyler perry movies

? Tyler Perry movies shouldn't even be produced period
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    lmao... yall really dont like tyler perry movies huh?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    ? Tyler Perry movies shouldn't even be produced period

x_____________
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    real talk, belly was a horrible movie
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    half past dead

friday

blade

barbershop

tyler perry movies

you didnt like Next Friday?... it aint better than the first but it was good
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    you didnt like Next Friday?... it aint better than the first but it was good

i was joking on that
  • KplusK
    KplusK Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    ? next friday was tight they couldve done without it though imo
    blade trilogy was aight to me
    and for all yall saying the first belly was wack is buggin belly was what it was a movie that involved rappers and talked about street ? and gave you a picture of what they was about nuttin more.... wasnt supposed to be epic or anything just entertainment and it was to me ? i can watch belly at least a few times a year. anybody see new jack city 2 heard it was made but never watched it cause that would be just disrespectful to the first one.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    KplusK wrote: »
    ? next friday was tight they couldve done without it though imo
    blade trilogy was aight to me
    and for all yall saying the first belly was wack is buggin belly was what it was a movie that involved rappers and talked about street ? and gave you a picture of what they was about nuttin more.... wasnt supposed to be epic or anything just entertainment and it was to me ? i can watch belly at least a few times a year. anybody see new jack city 2 heard it was made but never watched it cause that would be just disrespectful to the first one.

when was this?
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    belly 2 with the game
    why call it belly plus the movie sucked
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited January 2011
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    The Matrix...real talk.

This. The first one was excellent. The other two didn't make as much sense.
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    belly 2 with the game
    why call it belly plus the movie sucked

dude just call it the Millionair Boyz Club..i refuse to call it Belly 2
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Koko888 wrote: »
    This. The first one was excellent. The other two didn't make as much sense.

the first one's storyline is superior BY FAR! i cant think of a movie off top thats ? with it.. it dont get no better..
    but to sit here and say u didnt wanna see what Neo was FULLY capable of after that first flick ud be lyin.. and them ? delivered with the 2nd..
    and the third installment was necessary to close it out..

Neo fighting 1000s of Smiths pickin up that pole.. Him and Smith havin a Boss Battle??? ? is wrong with u people???!!?
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Matrix Reloaded is one of the best sequels ever made come on fam!
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

.........this........
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Wall Street
    Basic Instinct
    Silence Of The Lambs
    To name a few good Part 1's

Once you start talking of Part 4's and 5's, you done ran outta ideas.

Technically Silence is the sequel to Manhunter.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

I too like Reloaded but when you look at the abomination that is Revolutions, then you look at the Matrix as a whole trilogy, they should have just stayed with the first. It would have been the biggest cult classic all time. The sequels really take away from how revolutionary the orginal is.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Terminator 3 & 4....judgement day closed the chapter perfectly. The rest was a stretch for box office numbers.

And u guys are misinterpreting this thread its not about good or bad sequels, its about wether they were even neccessary to be made. Though the matrix sequel was good there was no point in it being made,which is why 2 & 3 were confusing especially the architect....what was he talking about????

No way houes party 2 is better than the original..? with dreads with his 2sec worth of fame wack flow. Too many quotes in the first to even compare.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

the franchise was perfect with just Alien and Aliens
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Terminator 3 & 4....judgement day closed the chapter perfectly. The rest was a stretch for box office numbers.

And u guys are misinterpreting this thread its not about good or bad sequels, its about wether they were even neccessary to be made. Though the matrix sequel was good there was no point in it being made,which is why 2 & 3 were confusing especially the architect....what was he talking about????

No way houes party 2 is better than the original..? with dreads with his 2sec worth of fame wack flow. Too many quotes in the first to even compare.

Naw a Matrix sequel was needed because the goal was to get the all the people from the fake world to the real world... finding Neo was part of the plan... the sequels just didnt live up to the original

Its like saying Star Wars didnt need a sequel because they already destroyed the Death Star once... but Star Wars wasnt about the Death Star
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Even if some of yall dont like or understand the Matrix sequels, It did need at least one sequel. They set up all that ? in the first one about Neo being the One and how the oracle's prophecy spoke of how he would end their war with the machines once and for all and free humanity from their rule. The first one was pretty much all about finding and training the One and helping him realize his true power and unlock his full potential so he can fulfill the prophecy. In the big scheme of things, thats only a portion of the tale, it ended with the revelation that he IS the One...thats only the beginning of his destiny and the grand story, they aint even get into the war in the real world and and all that. Why would the Wachowski brothers just end it there and leave the outcome of the war and humanity's fate up in the air after setting all that up? Yall just wanted the story to end right there with humans being stuck in that dystopian world and without seeing how Neo would utilize his full power to save them?
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naw SP was horrible but it had quotables for days... Belly was just boring... cept for that chocolate chick

Oh if we talking quotables, Belly got SP beat!! Maybe it's because I watched that more!!
    I can't front either, Beans was funny as hell on the first one!!
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Naw a Matrix sequel was needed because the goal was to get the all the people from the fake world to the real world... finding Neo was part of the plan... the sequels just didnt live up to the original

Its like saying Star Wars didnt need a sequel because they already destroyed the Death Star once... but Star Wars wasnt about the Death Star
    stoneface wrote: »
    Even if some of yall dont like or understand the Matrix sequels, It did need at least one sequel. They set up all that ? in the first one about Neo being the One and how the oracle's prophecy spoke of how he would end their war with the machines once and for all and free humanity from their rule. The first one was pretty much all about finding and training the One and helping him realize his true power and unlock his full potential so he can fulfill the prophecy. In the big scheme of things, thats only a portion of the tale, it ended with the revelation that he IS the One...thats only the beginning of his destiny and the grand story, they aint even get into the war in the real world and and all that. Why would the Wachowski brothers just end it there and leave the outcome of the war and humanity's fate up in the air after setting all that up? Yall just wanted the story to end right there with humans being stuck in that dystopian world and without seeing how Neo would utilize his full power to save them?

*points to stoneface and ocelot*
    "Oh I get it u biggie and hes puffy"

Nah j/k yall broke it down, I get it now.......
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    The only movie that is exempted from this thread is the Terminator series!
    Basically because it's "supposed" to follow up to how they all got to the future and how the time machine effected John Connor's future to get where it should be!
    The first two were classic, bar none, but it's supposed to go together!
  • ocelot
    edited January 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Oh if we talking quotables, Belly got SP beat!! Maybe it's because I watched that more!!
    I can't front either, Beans was funny as hell on the first one!!

SP was one of those movies where I can sit back and laugh... Its horrible if we break down whats a good movie but its a personal favorite of mines... like Pooty Tang

Dame made the movie for me...lol