Could Any DC,Marvel,Capcom, ETC. Character beat a Super Saiyan?

Options

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I always thought DBZ was the definition of corny and nerd ? and never was a fan of the animation as well....? DBZ or whatever the hell that ? is.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thread like these make me wish i was a comic head....SMH

*reads and takes note*
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    @ Jaxn: We ARE talking about the same Goku that was shown to have nearly died from energy absorption powers on numerous occasions, right?

Android 19 was killing him and would've done so if it weren't for Vegeta intervening and saving Goku's ass
    Define numerous? I’ve only known of two instances were energy absorption posed a problem for him and in both times, it was by folks who were stronger than him or being powered up by him. Surfer doesn’t get more powerful by absorbing energy from other individuals. ...Android 19 was as strong as Goku at the time and was being powered up even further by Goku’s energy, not to mention Goku had come down with a heart disease during that fight..that’s why he could’ve died..I wasn’t even using GT since many consider it to be non canon, but Super 17 was blatantly being powered up by Goku’s energy, which made him stronger. Another guy tried to absorb his power during the Buu saga. This guy was considered a beast, unfortunately for him, Goku was much stronger and allowed him to absorb his energy until he overloaded and blew up. I know Norrin is a master at energy absorption, but can you name a time he’s absorbed energy from an opponent in such a manner? I can’t think of many at all. If he could then he wouldn’t have any problems with guys like Thanos and Elders of the Universe.
    Same thing when he fought Super Android 17 (and Goku was @ SS4 level) and got his energy utilized by his enemy. The Surfer would do the same. Only difference is that the Surfer wouldn't play around with Goku; he'd finish him.
    Considering you know so much about the Surfer, you also know that Surfer was a pacifist up until a couple of years ago when he was made Galactus’ herald again..in other words, guys in DBZ will moreso go for the ? before the Surfer..You’d also know that Surfer doesn’t operate in the same manner as Android 19 and Super 17, since energy from random individuals don’t power him up. He’s powered by the ambient cosmic energy in the universe.
    Face it: Goku's power and attacks are energy based.
    you learn something new everyday.
    Are u REALLY gonna tell me that a fully charged Kamehame wave and/or a Spirit Bomb is even gonna scratch the Surfer?
    If you don’t think a fully charged kamehameha wave or spirit bomb will, not only scratch the Surfer but, injure him greatly then you may not be too familiar with the Surfer. The Kame wave at half power is fully capable of destroying planets with ease, what do you think a fully powered one will accomplish?..Surfer has been hurt by less.
    I mean, Goku couldn't even survive a point blank blast when Cell detonated himself on King Kai's planet.

Of course not..Cell was packing more power than either Goku or Surfer. You say that like Cell was Ironman level or some ? . Cell had the combined abilities and power of Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, Androids 17 & 18. And even in that form, the bomb inside of him was more than capable of taking a fully powered Cell out. Had it not been for the remaining cell left behind, Cell wouldn’t have survived either.
    Yet, the Surfer is capable of surviving a point blank supa nova blast...which is pretty much the equivalent of the Sun exploding. The Surfer would take Goku's best, absorb it (just like both Androids did) and then use that power against Goku.
    Haha like Surfer does this ? . Surfer isn’t going to take Goku’s best ,absorb it, and use it against him, that’s nonsense. Surfer doesn’t fight like that, nor does he get more powerful from absorbing energy from random individuals. I know what he can survive. Surfer may have had his best durability showing when taking on Tenebrous and Aegis. He fought like a G, taking blasts from near Galactus level beings, but It seems like you’re holding on to one or two showings and dismissing all the other times he’s been hurt by far less than a Sun exploding…but let’s just stick with this supernova argument…just how powerful do you think DBZers finishing moves are? How much power does it take to casually destroy a planet? Frieza destroyed a planet while laughing and taking a ? . Frieza, who is a gnat compared to Goku during the Cell Saga didn’t even break a sweat when destroying planet Vegeta. The thing about these guys, is that not only are their random energy blasts powerful, their finishing moves are greatly amplified. Surfer has the power to destroy planets and have destroyed planets before during his fights with Morg and Ravenous. The fight with Ravenous was after his power up, which was a great fight too by the way.
    Saiyans have awesome power levels and attacks, but they need to charge them in order for most of them to do epic damage.
    Haha, ok. That’s for artistic purposes, unless you think a fight between two combatants actually takes two weeks or more. Unless it’s the spirit bomb, they are capable of just unleashing their finishing attacks at will. However, their random energy blasts are quite capable of doing damage as well
    U think the Surfer is gonna sit there and allow that to happen? Not only that, how many times could Goku fire off a kamehame and hit the Surfer before he's exhausted?
    The hell? Surfer doesn’t operate like the Flash. He does and will get hit in fights with guys as powerful or more powerful than he is, I mean he gets hit by guys far weaker than him. Goku doesn’t NEED to fire off the k-wave to defeat him. His random energy blasts are plenty powerful. But here’s the thing though, Goku can take it to Surfer physically to, being an above top tier, highly skilled martial arts master. Guys in DBZ actually do fight at superspeeds on a regular basis
    Goku has shown over and over that he can't sustain his power levels for an extended amount of time.
    He’s shown he can’t sustain his MAXIMUM power level for extended times and that was only in his SSJ3 form. He won’t need to max out against the Surfer. He won’t even need to go SSJ3
    He got his SS3 ass handed to him by final form Janemba. He needed to fuse with Vegeta to become Gogeta in order to beat him.
    Seriously? Do you understand the concept of powerful opponents? Each opponent in the series gets stronger and stronger. Janemba was no different
    This is the same Goku who tired out while fighting Kid Buu and needed the energy from pretty much everyone in the DBZ universe for his Spirit Bomb and help from Shenron's wishes, too. Bottom line is that he couldn't do it offa his own merits.

Wow. Do you know how the spirit bomb works? You’re acting as though you don’t. Better question, do you know how powerful kid buu was?
    Like I said before: the Surfer doesn't need to eat, sleep or drink water in order to survive. The ? can breathe in ANY environment.
    I have most of Silver Surfer books going back to his first volume. He’s one of my favorites. Repeating that he doesn’t require food, sleep and doesn’t need to breathe isn’t helping your argument. Frieza didn’t need any of that ? and he lost too.
    He could drop Goku's ass off in the middle of space or the Sun and leave him there.
    Haha and Goku will let him? Better yet, let’s count all of the times the Surfer has dragged someone into space or dumped them into the Sun…0..But let’s say he does try this tactic..Goku has flight too you know, not to mention teleportation.
    With the Surfer being able to travel faster than the speed of light, having his cosmic awareness, etc., etc., etc., this fight ain't even fair.
    Yes he can fly FTL and with amping can even move his limbs at that speed, but unfortunately he doesn’t do any of that. What is cosmic awareness going to accomplish in this fight exactly? Another thing, Goku actually fights hand to hand at these superior speeds, it's not just flight speed
    Sorry Man, but the Surfer wins this fight...easily. MAYBE if Goku fused with Gohan, the fight might be somewhat fair.

Maybe if you actually learned more about the Surfer, you’d understand how he truly fights and what he’s truly capable of. Get at me sometime, I can point you in the direction of some of his better story arcs. In fact, the Surfer has a new series starting up on the 16th of this month which I hope is promising.
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can you prove that Goku's energy attacks are stronger than a supernova? If you use movie and anime Goku, the sun killed Broly who was much stronger than any single Goku, and a supernova is equivalent to the sun or a more powerful star exploding. Even manga Goku has no feats whatsoever. His highest level and the highest level of anyone in DBZ is planet busting. Not to mention that Goku's physical strength has never done anything like shatter a planet or anything crazy like that. Hulk shattered a planet or something similar in one punch. Whether it's a high end feat or not, it's still usable since Goku hasn't shown anything near that level of strength. Surfer takes Hulk's hits like nothing. And Surfer is clearly meant to take supernova explosions w/o a scratch, considering it's one of the main traits Marvel states for him.

And while Surfer doesn't go all out, either does Goku. Goku starts off normal and progresses based on how the fight goes. He also almost never kills. This puts him at a serious disadvantage against those who never tire and are super strong like Juggernaut and Hulk. Especially as Goku hitting Hulk will only make him madder and thus stronger. Plus the topic is if any character CAN beat a supersaiyan. Even if Surfer doesn't tend to use his time powers or his blackhole powers or even his molecule alteration, he CAN and that is the basis of the topic. Not to mention that Surfer will use these powers if he has to and he deems the fight serious. Plus Surfer has class 100(100 tons) strength naturally and can amp his powers indefinitely (as told by Marvel).

And Thanos is nearly impossible to ? , has super strength enough to ? Surfer, and KO Hulk. His mind powers are enough to mind control the Fallen One, who is similar to Surfer in power, and he has cosmic powers and can heal himself. Nothing Goku can do can hurt him.

Flash can use speed force to go many times the speed of light(like 50x) and even outran death. Plus he can use his superspeed momentum to ? people on Superman's level, so he can do the same to Goku, not to mention he can phase through solid objects.

Thor's hammer has KO'ed Hulk and Surfer and high end feats for Thor include beating Galactus, Odin's father, and other gods and godlike beings. He can and will swing his hammer at FTL speeds and it will KO Goku. Not to mention he beat Ego the Living Planet with a planetwide Lightning storm.
    Goku stands no chance honestly. There's even some Yu Yu Hakusho characters that can beat him(not that they are weak).
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Goku and Broli would murder every single mafucker in the DC and Capcom Universe.

All the mutants with telepathic powers in Marvel will murder all the DBZ characters.

fixed. & i actually agree with this.
    im sorry but as far as might & power aint nobody ? with the saiyajins.

yeah surfer can survive supernovas, but if vegeta was destroying planets in his first appearance @ about a 20,000 power level @ normal, wtf is a supernova blast to ssj vegeta or super piccolo?

each universe does measure strength differently though. ive seen spiderman struggle with a car then lift a part of a skyscraper, all these companies r inconsistant with the strength, thor took a bullet to the head and got knocked unconscious yet he can hang with superman who bullets bounce off?

goku N piccolo could bearly lift cars but yet piccolo destroyed the moon with ease.

i do think telepaths would be a problem though, unless goku finishes quickly with instant transmission, but even he sometimes is a proven idiot, word to captain ginyu.

regardless the z fighters got this.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thanos with the infinite Gems would rock them corny DBZ cats..
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Thanos would rock them corny DBZ cats..

Fixed it for you cuzz
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Can you prove that Goku's energy attacks are stronger than a supernova? If you use movie and anime Goku, the sun killed Broly who was much stronger than any single Goku, and a supernova is equivalent to the sun or a more powerful star exploding. Even manga Goku has no feats whatsoever. His highest level and the highest level of anyone in DBZ is planet busting. Not to mention that Goku's physical strength has never done anything like shatter a planet or anything crazy like that. Hulk shattered a planet or something similar in one punch. Whether it's a high end feat or not, it's still usable since Goku hasn't shown anything near that level of strength. Surfer takes Hulk's hits like nothing. And Surfer is clearly meant to take supernova explosions w/o a scratch, considering it's one of the main traits Marvel states for him.

And while Surfer doesn't go all out, either does Goku. Goku starts off normal and progresses based on how the fight goes. He also almost never kills. This puts him at a serious disadvantage against those who never tire and are super strong like Juggernaut and Hulk. Especially as Goku hitting Hulk will only make him madder and thus stronger. Plus the topic is if any character CAN beat a supersaiyan. Even if Surfer doesn't tend to use his time powers or his blackhole powers or even his molecule alteration, he CAN and that is the basis of the topic. Not to mention that Surfer will use these powers if he has to and he deems the fight serious. Plus Surfer has class 100(100 tons) strength naturally and can amp his powers indefinitely (as told by Marvel).

And Thanos is nearly impossible to ? , has super strength enough to ? Surfer, and KO Hulk. His mind powers are enough to mind control the Fallen One, who is similar to Surfer in power, and he has cosmic powers and can heal himself. Nothing Goku can do can hurt him.

Flash can use speed force to go many times the speed of light(like 50x) and even outran death. Plus he can use his superspeed momentum to ? people on Superman's level, so he can do the same to Goku, not to mention he can phase through solid objects.

Thor's hammer has KO'ed Hulk and Surfer and high end feats for Thor include beating Galactus, Odin's father, and other gods and godlike beings. He can and will swing his hammer at FTL speeds and it will KO Goku. Not to mention he beat Ego the Living Planet with a planetwide Lightning storm.
    Goku stands no chance honestly. There's even some Yu Yu Hakusho characters that can beat him(not that they are weak).

Co-sign the bolded/underlined/italicized stuff. I gave up trying to prove my point for the most part. Me and Jaxn & anyone else who thinks that a Super Saiyan can beat Marvel's upper echelon (class 100 ton and omega-level mutant characters) are just gonna have to agree to disagree. Jaxn did make some interesting points, though; gotta give credit where credit is due.

Like I said before, all anyone would have to do would be to take a page outta Android 19 and Super Android 17's books and Goku would be beaten, as proven by the DBZ/DBGT clips I posted. Android 19 and Android 20/Dr Gero didn't even have Goku becoming a 1st level Super Saiyan taken into account, yet 19 still went toe to toe with SS1 Goku BEFORE the heart disease had even taken effect.

As far as teleportation/instant transmission, Goku wouldn't be able to keep that up for long. He'd be located and found faster than Super Buu did right before Goku & Vegeta fused and formed Vegito. Without senzu beans, Goku can't recharge himself in a hurry; he'd tire out like he did after Vegeta stepped in during their fight with Kid Buu and/or during his fight with Cell, yet people seem to think that Goku's powers are unlimited. Don't believe me and want proof? Just go back and take a look @ how hard Goku was huffin' and puffin' after he hit that instant transmission kamehame attack on Cell. The ? was D-O-N-E. After he uses his powers to a high level, that ? wrecks havoc on Goku's body. Goku would've been toast had Cell gone straight in for the ? afterwards.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited February 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    fixed. & i actually agree with this.
    im sorry but as far as might & power aint nobody ? with the saiyajins.

yeah surfer can survive supernovas, but if vegeta was destroying planets in his first appearance @ about a 20,000 power level @ normal, wtf is a supernova blast to ssj vegeta or super piccolo?

each universe does measure strength differently though. ive seen spiderman struggle with a car then lift a part of a skyscraper, all these companies r inconsistant with the strength, thor took a bullet to the head and got knocked unconscious yet he can hang with superman who bullets bounce off?

goku N piccolo could bearly lift cars but yet piccolo destroyed the moon with ease.

i do think telepaths would be a problem though, unless goku finishes quickly with instant transmission, but even he sometimes is a proven idiot, word to captain ginyu.

regardless the z fighters got this.

It's certain death, at least in Piccolo's case. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he opt to remain on Earth in DBGT right before it exploded and Goku had gotten all of the other Z fighters away? Guess what happened to him as a result? And let's not forget that an entire army and planet of Saiyans were exterminated as an after-effect from a planet exploding.

Let's say Vegeta or Piccolo survived; as corny as it might sound, none of the Z fighters can breathe in space.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    For all intent and purpose that fight on Freeza was 5 minutes. These bttles on DBZ are happening extremely fast. No one seems to recognize that.
  • jaxn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Can you prove that Goku's energy attacks are stronger than a supernova? If you use movie and anime Goku, the sun killed Broly who was much stronger than any single Goku, and a supernova is equivalent to the sun or a more powerful star exploding.
    I don’t recall stating that his blasts are stronger than a supernova. However, it’s irrelevant since it doesn’t require a supernova level attack to defeat the Silver Surfer.
    Even manga Goku has no feats whatsoever. His highest level and the highest level of anyone in DBZ is planet busting.
    Yep, their highest level is defeating beings who easily destroy planets. Vegeta was destroying planets before becoming a SSJ
    Not to mention that Goku's physical strength has never done anything like shatter a planet or anything crazy like that.
    Neither has Surfer nor Superman.
    Hulk shattered a planet or something similar in one punch.
    The Hulk shattered an asteroid 2x the size of Earth. High end feat, not an average showing, which is why it hasn’t happened again.
    Whether it's a high end feat or not, it's still usable since Goku hasn't shown anything near that level of strength.
    Ok, I wasn’t aware that he had to show that level of strength to defeat these guys. Thanos doesn’t have any strength feats to match the Hulk’s asteroid feat…do you think Hulk can beat Thanos? Hell Thanos doesn’t have strength feats to match most top tier characters, but he’d still cave their heads in
    Surfer takes Hulk's hits like nothing. And Surfer is clearly meant to take supernova explosions w/o a scratch, considering it's one of the main traits Marvel states for him.
    Yeah, I know. Surfer has taken prolonged poundings at the hands of the Hulk while casually talking..that’s great! Surfer, along with the other heralds, is designed to withstand the rigors of space. He was granted power to deal with any opposition he may come across in his hunt for suitable planets for Galan’s feeding.
    And while Surfer doesn't go all out, either does Goku. Goku starts off normal and progresses based on how the fight goes. He also almost never kills.
    Surfer would have to go all out to fight Goku during the Cell Saga and forward…Goku wouldn’t need to go all out. Let’s not get carried away here. Goku will ? . He’s from a warrior race who feeds off violence. Surfer is from Zenn-La. A scientific community, not known for violence. Surfer had issues with the billions of lives he’s caused trying to feed Galactus. Galactus had to wipe his memory clean in order for him to do his job.
    This puts him at a serious disadvantage against those who never tire and are super strong like Juggernaut and Hulk
    Actually it doesn’t since neither of them are powerful enough to even hang with Goku.

.Especially as Goku hitting Hulk will only make him madder and thus stronger.
    Just hitting the Hulk will not cause an increase as you’re implying..If so, the Hulk wouldn’t lose at all and we both know that’s not the case right?
    Plus the topic is if any character CAN beat a supersaiyan.
    And I’m pretty sure I answered that in my first post.
    Even if Surfer doesn't tend to use his time powers
    What time powers?
    or his blackhole powers
    You mean like the Herald Red Shift? His power is to create blackholes. Surfer can just form them because he’s like a baby Galactus, but he’s only done it like once or twice that I can think of off hand.
    or even his molecule alteration, he CAN and that is the basis of the topic.
    And I can say Goku just spirit bombs him from the get go..We can say what these characters CAN do..I’d rather discuss what they actually WILL do.
    Not to mention that Surfer will use these powers if he has to and he deems the fight serious. Plus Surfer has class 100(100 tons) strength naturally and can amp his powers indefinitely (as told by Marvel).
    That’s great..where was his matter manipulation in his fights with Odin, Thanos, Thor, Ironman, Fantastic Four, Obliterator, etc., etc..Look I know his powerset. I know how he fights. I know what he can do.
    The only reason why Thanos was impossible to ? is because Death wouldn’t allow him into her realm. When he first died at the hands of Adam Warlock, Death brought him back and gave him a massive powerup. Fallen One isn’t similar in power. Perhaps if they would’ve done more with the character instead of bringing him in, in the hopes of making him Thanos’ herald they could’ve explored his powers more, but so far. There’s nothing he’s done to even say he’s on par with Surfer. Nothing Goku can do to hurt who? Thanos or Surfer? You’d be wrong on both accounts.
    Are you referring to his punch? Maybe you’re thinking of his Anti-Monitor feat. I’m still not sure what outrunning death is supposed to accomplish here
    Thor's hammer has KO'ed Hulk and Surfer and high end feats for Thor include beating Galactus, Odin's father, and other gods and godlike beings.
    Hahaha ok. Thor drove Galactus away once a long time ago. At the time it was said Thor was being helped by Odin. Since then I believe its been retconned to being Thor and Ego alone. But it wasn’t a knock down blow for blow fight. Thor can’t beat Galactus, I doubt if Odin could, unless Galactus was extremely hungry. Hold up Odin’s father?? You mean Bor? I guess you’re forgetting Thor had the Odinforce at that time, meaning he was a flat out skyfather.
    He can and will swing his hammer at FTL speeds and it will KO Goku.
    Haha. I guess Goku had better watch out for the FTL hammer twirl.
    Not to mention he beat Ego the Living Planet with a planetwide Lightning storm.

And all Goku has done is beat guys who destroys planets casually..defeated guys capable of destroying the universe, but Thor...he beat Ego..
  • BASED Zod
    BASED Zod Members Posts: 68
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kal-El acutally get's his powers from the earth's sun, so any intergaltic being or someone that can travel through multiple universes can defeat him.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    BASED Zod wrote: »
    Kal-El acutally get's his powers from the earth's sun, so any intergaltic being or someone that can travel through multiple universes can defeat him.

he is a battery for solar energy, so even if you destroy the Sun ain't no tellin how long Superman can go at full power until he uses up all his stored solar energy

you wou
  • DarkRaiden
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Goku never beat anyone that can destroy a universe. Literally the highest was planet busting. And yes Thanos has higher feats than Hulk as he's Ko'd and killed Surfer who can easily take Hulk's hits. Goku has no feats or any proof he can even hurt Hulk or Juggernaut, and until it's been proven, your argument is void. And Goku, while being a saiyan, has never killed anyone in DBZ. in DB he only killed King Piccolo. In DBZ, Trunks killed Frieza, Gohan killed Cell, and the Earth and the spirit bomb killed Buu. And even though they can destroy planets easily, DBZ characters still don't go past planet busting and thus are weaker than a plethora of characters. And just because Surfer doesn't use his matter manipulation powers all the time, doesn't mean he can't use them.

And btw Spirit Bomb is ENERGY the thing Thor can hit back and SUrfer can absorb. Also it only hurts those that are evil, it's a stated fact, it didn't even ? Frieza either. It wouldn't effect THor or Surfer since they're good, Hulk cause he'd tank it and regenerate if he didn't, and Juggernaut would tank it as well. Thanos would laugh at it and proceed to beat the stuffing out of Goku. Get over it, Goku can't win. And flash outrinning death means he's too fast for Goku to touch, the same way he was too fast for Superboy Prime who has crazy feats. BUt Troll on, b/c you and I and everyone knows GOku stands no chance whatsoever.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Goku never beat anyone that can destroy a universe. Literally the highest was planet busting. And yes Thanos has higher feats than Hulk as he's Ko'd and killed Surfer who can easily take Hulk's hits. Goku has no feats or any proof he can even hurt Hulk or Juggernaut, and until it's been proven, your argument is void. And Goku, while being a saiyan, has never killed anyone in DBZ. in DB he only killed King Piccolo. In DBZ, Trunks killed Frieza, Gohan killed Cell, and the Earth and the spirit bomb killed Buu. And even though they can destroy planets easily, DBZ characters still don't go past planet busting and thus are weaker than a plethora of characters. And just because Surfer doesn't use his matter manipulation powers all the time, doesn't mean he can't use them.

And btw Spirit Bomb is ENERGY the thing Thor can hit back and SUrfer can absorb. Also it only hurts those that are evil, it's a stated fact, it didn't even ? Frieza either. It wouldn't effect THor or Surfer since they're good, Hulk cause he'd tank it and regenerate if he didn't, and Juggernaut would tank it as well. Thanos would laugh at it and proceed to beat the stuffing out of Goku. Get over it, Goku can't win. And flash outrinning death means he's too fast for Goku to touch, the same way he was too fast for Superboy Prime who has crazy feats. BUt Troll on, b/c you and I and everyone knows GOku stands no chance whatsoever.

So Buu had the "Gods" of the universe scared and almost destoryed the universe ( and could destory one unchecked.). And you neglect that fact.
  • jaxn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Co-sign the bolded/underlined/italicized stuff. I gave up trying to prove my point for the most part. Me and Jaxn & anyone else who thinks that a Super Saiyan can beat Marvel's upper echelon (class 100 ton and omega-level mutant characters) are just gonna have to agree to disagree. Jaxn did make some interesting points, though; gotta give credit where credit is due.
    That’s cool. We can agree to disagree on this one. Goku is above top tier though. Way above.
    Like I said before, all anyone would have to do would be to take a page outta Android 19 and Super Android 17's books and Goku would be beaten, as proven by the DBZ/DBGT clips I posted. Android 19 and Android 20/Dr Gero didn't even have Goku becoming a 1st level Super Saiyan taken into account, yet 19 still went toe to toe with SS1 Goku BEFORE the heart disease had even taken effect.
    Actually the Dr. did have their SSJ levels taken into effect. The androids weren’t created until after Goku and the likes returned from planet Namek. That’s how Frieza was included in Cell’s dna. Super 17 and Android 19 are more powerful than most top tiers
    As far as teleportation/instant transmission, Goku wouldn't be able to keep that up for long.
    Because why?
    He'd be located and found faster than Super Buu did right before Goku & Vegeta fused and formed Vegito.
    How though?
    Without senzu beans, Goku can't recharge himself in a hurry; he'd tire out like he did after Vegeta stepped in during their fight with Kid Buu and/or during his fight with Cell, yet people seem to think that Goku's powers are unlimited.
    I’ve never heard anyone claim Goku’s endurance is unlimited, however you seem to think these fights are going to take days or weeks. Against Cell, Goku burned all of his energy on his last k-wave, which would’ve done the job had Cell not had regeneration
    Don't believe me and want proof? Just go back and take a look @ how hard Goku was huffin' and puffin' after he hit that instant transmission kamehame attack on Cell.

Right, this was after a nice battle with Cell.
    The ? was D-O-N-E. After he uses his powers to a high level, that ? wrecks havoc on Goku's body. Goku would've been toast had Cell gone straight in for the ? afterwards.
    This is very misleading. Goku was done after having a prolonged fight with Cell..then unleashing a powerful finishing move which would’ve destroyed Cell had he known about his regeneration..We can agree to disagree though.
  • jaxn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Goku never beat anyone that can destroy a universe.
    Hmm, so Frieza, Kid Buu, and Shenrong were incapable of destroying the universe? That’s funny. Frieza was stated to be the most powerful in the Universe. Kid Buu was destroying the universe prior to his capture, which is why he was so feared by the Kais.
    Literally the highest was planet busting.
    Right, right, Vegeta was destroying planets before Goku could fly.
    And yes Thanos has higher feats than Hulk as he's Ko'd and killed Surfer who can easily take Hulk's hits.
    Nah, Thanos doesn’t have higher strength feats than the Hulk. Marvel doesn’t rely on strength showings
    Goku has no feats or any proof he can even hurt Hulk or Juggernaut, and until it's been proven, your argument is void.
    Until it’s been proven? Are you expecting Goku and Hulk to meet up in an upcoming comic? I like that a guy with the power to destroy planets easily, can’t hurt the Hulk..who gets hurt by Wolverine’s claws.
    And Goku, while being a saiyan, has never killed anyone in DBZ.
    Goku is a nice guy. He likes to give folks second chances, but are you saying he wasn’t going for the ? with Cell and Frieza? How about when he killed that being trying to drain his energy?
    in DB he only killed King Piccolo.
    Thought you said he’s never killed?
    In DBZ, Trunks killed Frieza, Gohan killed Cell, and the Earth and the spirit bomb killed Buu.
    Haha, the Earth and the Spirit Bomb…so the Earth somehow generated a spirit bomb and asked others to help power it? Interesting..never saw the Earth as a sentient being in DBZ
    And even though they can destroy planets easily, DBZ characters still don't go past planet busting and thus are weaker than a plethora of characters.
    Read what you’ve typed here..Even though they can easily destroy planets, they’re not beyond planet busting? Does that make any sense..what plethora of characters? The ones I’ve named who won’t be able to defeat someone of this caliber? Tell me, which characters do you think are above planet busting, who are not skyfathers, abstracts, etc…?
    And just because Surfer doesn't use his matter manipulation powers all the time, doesn't mean he can't use them.
    ok
    And btw Spirit Bomb is ENERGY the thing Thor can hit back and SUrfer can absorb.
    Right, because they always absorb that energy so many characters use against them..hell after all when Thanos is blasting Surfer, it’s only energy. When Ironman redirects Surfer’s power, it’s only energy..I guess Thor and Surfer will do these tactics when only facing Goku.
    Also it only hurts those that are evil, it's a stated fact, it didn't even ? Frieza either
    Haha what? Where was this stated and no ? it didn’t ? Frieza, Frieza was more powerful than Goku….at the time.
    . It wouldn't effect THor or Surfer since they're good,
    Nonsense. This isn’t the penance stare man. This is an ultimate attack that can be unleashed upon anyone.
    Hulk cause he'd tank it and regenerate if he didn't, and Juggernaut would tank it as well.
    Right right..
    Thanos would laugh at it and proceed to beat the stuffing out of Goku.
    Of course he would. The same way he laughed at Odin and Tyrant’s assaults.
    Get over it, Goku can't win.
    I’d actually prefer you bring something to the table that would suggest Goku couldn’t win.
    And flash outrinning death means he's too fast for Goku to touch, the same way he was too fast for Superboy Prime who has crazy feats.
    Actually it doesn’t. It’s a meaningless feat.
    BUt Troll on, b/c you and I and everyone knows GOku stands no chance whatsoever.

I’m trolling? Interesting. I thought I was destroying your weak argument.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    That’s cool. We can agree to disagree on this one. Goku is above top tier though. Way above.

Actually the Dr. did have their SSJ levels taken into effect. The androids weren’t created until after Goku and the likes returned from planet Namek. That’s how Frieza was included in Cell’s dna. Super 17 and Android 19 are more powerful than most top tiers
    Because why?

How though?
    I’ve never heard anyone claim Goku’s endurance is unlimited, however you seem to think these fights are going to take days or weeks. Against Cell, Goku burned all of his energy on his last k-wave, which would’ve done the job had Cell not had regeneration

Right, this was after a nice battle with Cell.

This is very misleading. Goku was done after having a prolonged fight with Cell..then unleashing a powerful finishing move which would’ve destroyed Cell had he known about his regeneration..We can agree to disagree though.

Sorry, Buddy Boy, but you're wrong. Dr Gero didn't have a clue as to what a Super Sayian was. See for yourself here:

Same thing when Gero was like: "Not him too!!!" when Vegeta went SS1:

But to end this debate, here you go (straight from Marvel's wiki website): http://marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer

And here's Goku's bio from the DBZ wiki site: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku

As to answer your question as to how the Surfer could locate Goku, again, read his page straight offa Marvel's website; his "Powers" section in particular. This ? can sense power levels light years away.

To say that Goku's powers and techniques DON'T take a toll on his body, what about when he first started using the Kaio-ken? The Kaio-ken during his fight with Vegeta? The Kaio-ken during his pre-SS1 fight with Frieza? The Spirit Bomb on Frieza? His SS3 fight with Kid Buu before Vegeta took his turn? The Spirit Bomb when he fought Kid Buu BEFORE the Eternal Dragon aided him in restoring his power back to full level? When he went SS3 in front of Goten and Trunks and nearly collapsed afterwards? His SS4 fight with Super Android 17?

And that monster that ate Goku's power and exploded cuz he got full...I think you're talking about that cornball character in a "filler" DBZ episode who lived in a cave in total darkness, right? This is right before Gohan fought Debora (spelling?) the Demon King, right? That ? was soooo corny. Goku could've used his "all powerful might" and blasted a hole outta that cave and allowed natural sunlight in to ? that thing.

Like like you pointed out before, a lot of what's done fight-wise in DBZ/DBGT is for artistic purposes. Same thing can and has been said with comics for years. Hence why Wolverine can beat or hang with the Hulk one minute, but then be shook by the Hulk the next (as referenced in "The Incredible Hulk" issue #340). Inconsistencies are purposely done IMO just to make some fights/storylines worthwhile reading/seeing. Case in point with DBZ: Another poster pointed out that the SS1 Goku/Frieza fight took place in a span of five minutes, but was stretched out over a week or two. Well, the Cell Games, Goku and Gohan's fight with Cell, Trunks getting killed and then revived, Gohan going SS2, the Cell Jr's, etc., all took place in one day's time. Yet all of that ? was stretched out to over month in DBZ episodes on TV. I was never a big fan of DBGT, so I won't even point to the many inconsistencies in that series.

Sorry Man, but your boy Goku gets trounced handedly by the Surfer should they ever fight. The only true way I suppose to end this debate without any "what ifs" or "how about if such and such happpened?" would be to do something similar how they do on that show where they pit different fighters from different eras through computer similuations based offa their abilities, stengths and weaknesses in order to determine who'd win.

But based offa what Marvel the company itself says about the Surfers powers, you, Chi Chi, Gohan, Goten, Krillin, Master Roshi, King Kai, all of the other Z Fighters and anyone else who thinks Goku would stand a chance against the Surfer would be like this after the 1st few minutes of such a fight:
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol, this reminds me of the gobots sketch on robot chicken
  • jaxn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sorry, Buddy Boy, but you're wrong. Dr Gero didn't have a clue as to what a Super Sayian was. See for yourself here:

I thought we were in agreement? Gero may not have known what a SSJ was, but the androids were created from the DNA left after all of the DBZers returned from Namek, otherwise, Frieza wouldn’t have been included
    Same thing when Gero was like: "Not him too!!!" when Vegeta went SS1:
    Same rules apply
    But to end this debate, here you go (straight from Marvel's wiki website): http://marvel.com/universe/Silver_Surfer

And here's Goku's bio from the DBZ wiki site: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku
    Wow, again. Marvel’s wiki isn’t telling me anything I don’t know about the Surfer already. Marvel’s wiki as well as their website has all kinds of incorrect information on there. It’s common knowledge
    As to answer your question as to how the Surfer could locate Goku, again, read his page straight offa Marvel's website; his "Powers" section in particular. This ? can sense power levels light years away.
    I know this. He can sense powerlevels, He sensed when Odin died right before Thor gained the Odin power a few years ago. It’s not going to magically let him know when someone is teleporting around. You know who else can sense powerlevels? Goku
    To say that Goku's powers and techniques DON'T take a toll on his body, what about when he first started using the Kaio-ken? The Kaio-ken during his fight with Vegeta?
    I’m pretty sure I said it effects him at maximum output..guess what the Kaioken was during that time period??? His maximum power output..
    The Kaio-ken during his pre-SS1 fight with Frieza?
    Wow, maximum output, this isn’t even hard to get
    The Spirit Bomb on Frieza?
    What about it?
    His SS3 fight with Kid Buu before Vegeta took his turn? The Spirit Bomb when he fought Kid Buu BEFORE the Eternal Dragon aided him in restoring his power back to full level? When he went SS3 in front of Goten and Trunks and nearly collapsed afterwards? His SS4 fight with Super Android 17?
    You’re really reaching unless you really aren’t getting the instances in which his maximum output is used. That doesn’t happen fairly often unless he’s fighting someone much stronger than himself. That definitely isn’t the case here.
    And that monster that ate Goku's power and exploded cuz he got full...I think you're talking about that cornball character in a "filler" DBZ episode who lived in a cave in total darkness, right? This is right before Gohan fought Debora (spelling?) the Demon King, right? That ? was soooo corny. Goku could've used his "all powerful might" and blasted a hole outta that cave and allowed natural sunlight in to ? that thing.
    Yeah, I’m talking about the guy within Babadi’s ship. What are you talking about? Blasting a hole to let light in to ? it? You do know they were on a spaceship right and at what point did it even hint that light kills the monster? Where are you getting this information? The monster blew up because it overloaded trying to absorb Goku’s power. As far as corny goes, you know this is comics were discussing right? All kinds of corny ? happens in Marvel and DC. Surfer has been knocked out with a sledgehammer before. The Hulk was choked out by a snake.
    Like like you pointed out before, a lot of what's done fight-wise in DBZ/DBGT is for artistic purposes. Same thing can and has been said with comics for years. Hence why Wolverine can beat or hang with the Hulk one minute, but then be shook by the Hulk the next (as referenced in "The Incredible Hulk" issue #340). Inconsistencies are purposely done IMO just to make some fights/storylines worthwhile reading/seeing. Case in point with DBZ: Another poster pointed out that the SS1 Goku/Frieza fight took place in a span of five minutes, but was stretched out over a week or two.
    That poster stated that because you mentioned something about how long it takes for them to power up their attacks. I’m pretty familiar with comics and their dynamics. Been collecting for years. All characters have their high end and low showings and then there’s that middle ground in which they operate in 95% of their appearances
    Well, the Cell Games, Goku and Gohan's fight with Cell, Trunks getting killed and then revived, Gohan going SS2, the Cell Jr's, etc., all took place in one day's time. Yet all of that ? was stretched out to over month in DBZ episodes on TV. I was never a big fan of DBGT, so I won't even point to the many inconsistencies in that series.
    Ok
    Sorry Man, but your boy Goku gets trounced handedly by the Surfer should they ever fight. The only true way I suppose to end this debate without any "what ifs" or "how about if such and such happpened?" would be to do something similar how they do on that show where they pit different fighters from different eras through computer similuations based offa their abilities, stengths and weaknesses in order to determine who'd win.
    And yet you still haven’t said anything besides a marvel wiki. This is my point. How many issues of Surfer have you read?
    But based offa what Marvel the company itself says about the Surfers powers, you, Chi Chi, Gohan, Goten, Krillin, Master Roshi, King Kai, all of the other Z Fighters and anyone else who thinks Goku would stand a chance against the Surfer would be like this after the 1st few minutes of such a fight:
    [/quote]
    So let me get this straight..Marvel speaks for the DBZ universe as well? Where in that Marvel wiki did it say anything about a fight between Surfer and any DBZer? Like I said earlier man, I can point you in the direction of great Surfer stories and you will be able to see for yourself. It’s not even easy for me to admit Surfer would lose to Goku but I have to call it how it is man. DBZ operates on a larger power scale than Marvel or DC. It’s really that simple.
  • jaxn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can't look at those vids right now, but I will check them out later. I might have to bust out a few comic scans as well just to show the difference. It's always been hard debating DBZ with the regular companies because of the fact of how powerful these DBZ guys are. I'm giving Marvel/DC the benefit of the doubt by saying that a SSJ is around the level of an elite top tier, but in reality Frieza is above top tier and a SSJ is stronger than him. Very few top tiers are walking around with the power to easily destroy planets. Surfer has destroyed a planet in his second fight with Morg and once he received his powerup during the Annihilation arc, he destroyed a planet while fighting Ravenous..Thanos and Dumb Drax destroyed a planet way back in the day in one of their earlier fights.

But to clarify. I'm a huge Surfer and Thor fan, along with a few others. I've known about them long before I even seen a DBZ episode. What Marvel has on their website and even in their latest Marvel encyclopedia doesn't necessarily add up to what has been shown in comics largely because of so many writers adding their own agendas to these characters. That's why you see instances of Superman not being able to breathe in space and other instances were he can..DBZ doesn't have this inconsistency because up until GT, it's all written by one person.
  • deadpoolRKO
    deadpoolRKO Members Posts: 441
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Even Yamcha Would Body anyone from Marvel DC or Capcom
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    when talking about goku vs superman, they always let goku power up to super sayan 4 n ? but never talk about supes more powerful forms that can control dimensions n ?
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I got the DBZ characters winning against most of the DC/Marvel characters hands down, only the ? powered characters got a chance against them which is only a few. Goku SS4 could probably destroy half a galaxy worth of planets with his full power.
  • DarkRaiden
    edited February 2011
    Options
    CMac wrote: »
    I got the DBZ characters winning against most of the DC/Marvel characters hands down, only the ? powered characters got a chance against them which is only a few. Goku SS4 could probably destroy half a galaxy worth of planets with his full power.

Based off of what exactly?? The most ever stated to be destroyed in DBZ is planets. Even Buu destroyed things planet by planet. No mass destruction. And btw, SSJ4 Goku is non canon and thus doesn't exist in the official DBZ universe. It also makes Goku look weaker tbh, with SSJ$ Vegeta struggling to hold up a building and SSJ$ Goku doing the same with maybe a city or something. Plus in GT they had that whole, unclean air = no SSJ thing which would make Goku much worse.