Can a rappers career survive a ? woopin??

Options
Hatter
Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Reason
im not talking a scuffle, a sucker punch, or getting jumped, im talking about losing a one on one....in this day and age with camera phones, internet bloggers and fickle fans, can a rappers career take it?

Comments

• wordsRweapons
    wordsRweapons Members Posts: 3,217 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Well if Rick Ross can be exposed as a cop and get murdered by 50 on wax, he can take anything.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    im not talking a scuffle, a sucker punch, or getting jumped, im talking about losing a one on one....in this day and age with camera phones, internet bloggers and fickle fans, can a rappers career take it?

was bout to say lil b
    flgfvk.gif
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Didnt Ice Cube get knocked out and his Westside change snatched . So I would say yeah .
  • jonathand
    jonathand Members Posts: 3,144
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Interesting question. People close to 2pac said he got beat up a number of times. He reportedly hid under a car to prevent an ass whooping. He seems to doing ok....
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    prodigy stay getting his ass whooped
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Not is the rapper's core fanbase are teenagers. You know how young ? are
  • Hatter
    edited January 2011
    Options
    jonathand wrote: »
    Interesting question. People close to 2pac said he got beat up a number of times. He reportedly hid under a car to prevent an ass whooping. He seems to doing ok....

back then it was alot easier, Prodigy got beat under the table by Keith Murray, even cube got his ass beat and chain snatched, but todays fans are alot less forgiving of that ? than a few years back plus you know them cameras are everywhere.
  • jonathand
    edited January 2011
    Options
    back then it was alot easier, Prodigy got beat under the table by Keith Murray, even cube got his ass beat and chain snatched, but todays fans are alot less forgiving of that ? than a few years back plus you know them cameras are everywhere.

I would say its quite the opposite. Todays fans are more forgiving in my opinion. Men kissing other men, men blatantly lying about their past partakings, men wearing make-up and woman-Esq clothing. These describe three of raps most popular figures. Yet fans seem to not care. I remember BOSS career ending, literally, when she was exposed. Todays crowd surely don't seem less forgiving..........
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you can kiss another man on the lips and get away with it, then why not
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    if you can kiss another man on the lips and get away with it, then why not

exactly what i was gonna say
  • Hatter
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I would say its quite the opposite. Todays fans are more forgiving in my opinion. Men kissing other men, men blatantly lying about their past partakings, men wearing make-up and woman-Esq clothing. These describe three of raps most popular figures. Yet fans seem to not care. I remember BOSS career ending, literally, when she was exposed. Todays crowd surely don't seem less forgiving..........

yea but thats something on another level, im talking about a confrontation like if instead of kissing baby if it was a vid of Wayne getting his ass beat by Juvi or BG(I mean really gettingg ? up) you think he would be the star he is today.
  • Scott T. Pimpin
    Scott T. Pimpin Members Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    Options

This requires some further explanation...
  • jonathand
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yea but thats something on another level, im talking about a confrontation like if instead of kissing baby if it was a vid of Wayne getting his ass beat by Juvi or BG(I mean really gettingg ? up) you think he would be the star he is today.

Why would his fans care? It a good chance every last one of them has gotten their ? beat before. So they can relate. This would do nothing to hinder his career. The ass whooping will surely be forgotten once his next hit drowned the radio...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

She was upper middle class
  • ChuckieInDaMurderAve
    ChuckieInDaMurderAve Members Posts: 1,787 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options

Bo$$ is perhaps the only female gangsta rapper ever and her background was said to be in a rough hood and her living up to what she bragged about in her songs, but then she was exposed to have been coming up in a Catholic school, which killed her career from there.
  • I'm THAT guy...
    I'm THAT guy... Members Posts: 2,544
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i would say so....
  • Chillin&Postin
    Chillin&Postin Members Posts: 3,057
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nah,after the stripper pole incident,it was all bad for Pap
  • #sneakerhead
    #sneakerhead Members Posts: 665
    edited January 2011
    Options
    anybody can get beat.....the thing is u cant be scared to fight!!!!so anybody i listen to...if they happen to get beat,long as they "fought the good fight",they aight with me!!!!!
  • OsaNapp
    OsaNapp Confirm Email Posts: 123
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    was bout to say lil b
    flgfvk.gif

Damn I wanted to point this video out....
  • OsaNapp
    OsaNapp Confirm Email Posts: 123
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Joe Budden got punched in the eye by Raekwon's crew,and vlogged about it hrs later with an ice patch on his face.So indeed.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2011
    Options
    nah,after the stripper pole incident,it was all bad for Pap

this ? still funny
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    No.

50 got his ass beat by Ja Rule with a crutch and was stabbed by Black Child and jumped to superstardom. It all depends on how you spin your image and your product.