Where Do N*ggas Get Off Thinking TI's Career Is Over?

Options
boom
boom Members Posts: 2,083 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in The Reason
like that ? baffles me when i hear that.. i mean, sure i was mad he went back to jail doin some stupid ? .. but i didn't let it affect me like THAT.. it seem like half you ? more upset than Tip himself..

the question is tho.. why is his career over?

Comments

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    It really shouldn't but the ? went to jail twice in a one year period... and the first time he came back his music was ass save a few tracks
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm a pretty big T.I. fan. But I think that since this was the first time that - regardless of his legal situation - his album was 100% trash, ? think it's over. Personally, I think he got a lot left in him, but I can understand the ? who think he done.
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I hope he can put out dope ? the second time around though... cause he usually puts out decent albums
  • Hatter
    Hatter Members Posts: 2,451 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I havent heard a single from the ? in a min, no new tape,no updates on when he droppin ? in this day and age with 1000 rappers droppin every week you gotta stay on top of your ? , or be ghost ? aint like it use to be where you can take a break, do a two year bid and be good, hungry ? ready for that spot.
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I'm a pretty big T.I. fan. But I think that since this was the first time that - regardless of his legal situation - his album was 100% trash, ? think it's over. Personally, I think he got a lot left in him, but I can understand the ? who think he done.

i can't even understand it.. i just think that more than ever today's rap fans are too emotional.. they get too tied into these rappers lives and not enough music..
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    boom wrote: »
    i can't even understand it.. i just think that more than ever today's rap fans are too emotional.. they get too tied into these rappers lives and not enough music..

It affected his music as a whole this time round though......
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    I havent heard a single from the ? in a min, no new tape,no updates on when he droppin ? in this day and age with 1000 rappers droppin every week you gotta stay on top of your ? , or be ghost ? aint like it use to be where you can take a break, do a two year bid and be good, hungry ? ready for that spot.

bruh.. tip 7 albums in and a decade into the game.. his spot can't be taken at this point.. the only ? that can knock tip off is tip.. and the ? still got too much left in the tank..
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I wouldnt say he's done but he won't be as big as he once was, in other words he not guaranteed plat like jay, wayne, kanye, & em no more.
  • Hatter
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bruh.. tip 7 albums in and a decade into the game.. his spot can't be taken at this point.. the only ? that can knock tip off is tip.. and the ? still got too much left in the tank..

thats whats you say because your part of his core fanbase (im assuming) im just speaking from the casual listeners point of view.
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options

label pressure... no mercy wasn't the original king uncaged.. but anyway.. these circumstances i believe lays out the perfect scenario for a big comeback his next go round... the media feeds off ? like this... one hit single... the anticipation returns.. and we all know hit singles and T.I. go hand in hand when he's on his schedule..
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    I wouldnt say he's done but he won't be as big as he once was, in other words he not guaranteed plat like jay, wayne, kanye, & em no more.

dawg.. he just went gold w/ no promotion and was already a month into his sentence.. u don't think plat is a guarantee anymore? smh.. okay..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    LoL at that ? career being over .... he'll get his mind right and be back on top of the charts . the same ? counting him off will be back on his nuts .

I think ? forget that TI has the most number 1 singles out of any rapper in the last 5 years ...

? papertrail had 3 number 1 singles ....
  • mryounggun
    edited January 2011
    Options

That's what I'm saying. Got nothing to do with emotion. The ? album was ass this time around.
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    label pressure... no mercy wasn't the original king uncaged.. but anyway.. these circumstances i believe lays out the perfect scenario for a big comeback his next go round... the media feeds off ? like this... one hit single... the anticipation returns.. and we all know hit singles and T.I. go hand in hand when he's on his schedule..

That whole album was him trying to get a hit single too.... But hopefully he comes up with something the second time round.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dawg.. he just went gold w/ no promotion and was already a month into his sentence.. u don't think plat is a guarantee anymore? smh.. okay..

Nah I really don't, he could go plat but I wouldn't bet money on it anymore.
  • Logical Truths
    Logical Truths Members Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Tip jus said ? it and told the label pick whatever songs they wanted. Homie had over 100 songs done. ? a Mixtape shows this ? aint lost nothin far as spittin. Jus had some bad song selections on No Mercy. When he get back out i expoect him 2 bounce back
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i bet money TIPS next legitimate album goes plat. call no mercy trash if u like but the only reason thats not going plat is cause the ? in jail.
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    That whole album was him trying to get a hit single too.... But hopefully he comes up with something the second time round.

lol no it wasn't... besides the all she wrote & castle walls tracks... all she wrote peaked at #18 and Castle Walls hasn't been released yet...
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Nah I really don't, he could go plat but I wouldn't bet money on it anymore.

i would.....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    dude can make a hit whenever he feels ...

the thing is that this time around he was trying to directly hit the streets because he felt the he abandoned them with paper trail ....

if i'm him I say ? the streets and continue to go the paper trail route ... he is 30 I think ? the streets time to move ahead .
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    i bet money TIPS next legitimate album goes plat. call no mercy trash if u like but the only reason thats not going plat is cause the ? in jail.

preach to the mass choir
  • Hatter
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Iv never listened through No Mercy because I heard how bad it was, but i did listen through 50 cents Curtis album, was it just as bad or worse than that?
  • Kame
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hatter wrote: »
    Iv never listened through No Mercy because I heard how bad it was, but i did listen through 50 cents Curtis album, was it just as bad or worse than that?

about as bad........ it wasnt worse
  • mryounggun
    edited January 2011
    Options
    gns wrote: »

I agree that if the ? was free, his ? would be plat. But that wouldn't change the fact or opinion, I guess) that his album was trash. Again, I'm a huge fan of dude, but No Mercy was VERY weak.
  • boom
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i don't even see what's so bad about no mercy... *shrugs*... but u ? praise mbdtf.. smh