Evidence For Things Unseen....

Options
alissowack
alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Oh, here I go with my wackness again. I was thinking about that verse in the Bible about faith and was pondering what it might possibly mean. It's an odd verse pairing two conflicting words "evidence" and "unseen".

Certainly, evidence is important and undeniable in virtually everything. We can't just say that we don't need evidence to come to a lot of our reasoning and judgement to things. But I find that, in our observance of the evidence, we are still "blind" in a sense.

We don't just look at the evidence without a sense for what the evidence represents. The evidence can represent truth, justice, happiness....things we can't specifically define (and help me out here...don't go Webster on me...that's not the point), but we know it when the evidence presents itself. There is a trust involved that whatever the truth is, justice is, or happiness is...we will find it in the evidence.

I could be wrong, but I think one of the reasons why for disbelief in ? is not just that people don't see ? (though according to our 5 senses we would be right)...it is that when it comes to the truth, justice, and happiness...? doesn't represent that to people...especially when people to try to read the Bible and find everything that seems to go against it.

Comments

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I think one of the reasons why for disbelief in ? is not just that people don't see ? (though according to our 5 senses we would be right)...it is that when it comes to the truth, justice, and happiness...? doesn't represent that to people...especially when people to try to read the Bible and find everything that seems to go against it.

Well that aint a surprise to me because the simple truth is the Bible is not the way people want it to be. Which the King of Kings already spoke on why that is so.

Also, evidence of things not seen = things like spirit/wind. We can't see either the wind or the spirit, but we can see the effects it has on the physical. Stuff like that.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would consider my gut feeling/intuition something unseen, and the more I put my 'faith' into it, the more it seems to 'show' me. Imo the unseen evidence is proving it more right than wrong.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Putting too much energy into something or someone that is not putting any energy into you gets discouraging and depressing after long, that's where I am with the whole faith thing, it's just not healthy for me anymore to even care.