So black history only goes back 50 years?

Options
shtoopid
shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Every black history month, i see civil rights stuff from the 60s, and present examples of negroes who are "living the dream." but is the 60s, and the present the only eras of black history worth learning about?

edit: haha i know there is more to black history than that, but why does nobody seem to care

Comments

• jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No. Black American history goes from Post Reconstruction to the present. Even before that if you wanna be particular about it cuz not every black person was a slave.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It was originally a Black Achievement week devised by The Honorable Carter G Woodson in the 1920's.
  • TheGambinoLegacy
    TheGambinoLegacy Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the NBAs been around longer than that
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's what the mainstream puts out there. It's your duty to educate people about more than martin luther king. Has the mainstream ever been good to black people? lol of course they don't want u to realize that history started before the civil rights movement. Come on.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    More black folks need to learn about Marcus Garvey
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Did you guys know that Rosa parks stood her ground and didnt move for a white man on a bus?

Did you know that George Washington carver invented Peanut butter?

Martin Luther King was a civil rights leader during the 60's.

the end.
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    Did you guys know that Rosa parks stood her ground and didnt move for a white man on a bus?

Did you know that George Washington carver invented Peanut butter?

Martin Luther King was a civil rights leader during the 60's.

the end.

they out here acting like peanut butter's the only thing a ? 's ever come up with
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    American Black history goes back to 1620. and thats without a ? google search. what!!!!

wait.?

That time of year again already? Well, i guess for the month, i will date all black womens including those with perms and weaves, colorful eye contacts, tatoos above the shoulders, and glitter all on the eye lid and lashes. You know, the ones that worship nikki minaj but dont know who Shirley Chisholm is.

#quemassgooglesearch.

but come march 1st, back to natural, common sense havin women only. no matter what race. perferably African-American women who fam is from the south.
  • rocker
    rocker Members Posts: 43
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think they mean the civil rights era is what is mean by Black History.
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Heard the following story, but don't know if it is true or not,... I heard a soul brother was having first date with soul sister .... making small talk he inquired:

"have you heard somebody is burning down churches ?" to which she replied "I don't give a frick,.. I like Popeyes"

BTW - Black history goes way back. Ethopians are black, and Moses hooked up with one ! Someday I hope to hear the story of how she managed to connect with the Hebrews [Egypt also probably had black slaves as well as Hebrew slaves].
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lmao

pretty obvious slavery too hard for these crackaz to deal with that why i cant ? with white folk intellectually coz they never tell the truth

What's so hard to deal with about slavery ? It existed long before USA existed, and whites have been AND ALSO ARE enslaved. And whites, not blacks ENDED legal slavery in USA. So .... whathca want to talk about ?

As for white folks "never tell the truth",.... tell me some "truth" that you think I don't already know. I don't think you currently know enouth truth to fill a thimble.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dont be mad cracka, if wats i said struck a nerve go to church

its common knowledge black history is concealed,less documented and studied

History of MY people also mostly ignored and deceptively presented.

MY people were the people that the worldly call "crazy" and "heretic" ,.............

MY people are a real "Rainbow coalition"

"Black" history is important only to black bigots,...
    same as
    "white" history is only imporant to white bigots.

Human history is important to all humans.

"color" history is for superficial people.

Like focusing on the color of a car,...
    more than on all the more important factors that distinguish a good car from a piece of junk.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dont be mad cracka, ..................

Hey boy, I'm not mad at you. Zulu history [if the Zulus left any written history] is JUST AS IMPORTANT to me as Chinese history. Or Argentinian history. Or the history of the various wars and chiefs of the Amerian Indian tribes. Or the history of the Australian aboriginies or the history of pygmies and dwarfs or the history of blue eyed people or the history of the people who live in ? Flats Nebraska.

if wats i said struck a nerve go to church

its common knowledge black history is concealed,less documented and studied [/QUOTE]
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? dont care about black history anymore

? too busy slanging drugs,getting random ? pregnant and going to jail=women dream guys

cant be a nice ? these days
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you know they only.. mention they rubber stamp black history month they recycle who they want to tell you about.. when there were a multitude of warriors to the movement.. and advancement..

Here is what you usually get..

MLK
    Thurgood Marshall
    Harriet Tubman
    Benjamin Banneker
    Fredrick Doughlas
    Garret Morgan
    Crispus Attucks
    Eli Whitney
    Mae Jeminson

and by and large you get footnotes.. Yesterday MLK was an extremist.. Militant.. today hes a hero..

You dont hear about

Malcom X
    black panthers(they sure will lie and tell you that they were racist) and point out them becoming corrupted
    Nat Turner

hundreds of others who were "Militant" to me when they call these people militant that means they were doing something right putting a foot in the ass of the status quo and not on some ghandism ? .. Im not comparing nor contrasting because both philosphys were needed just sayin..

The melanin challenge call him a racist.. i call him a freedom fighter... would you call someone who fights against tyranny and terrorism a traitor or a hero....?

waits for the shuck and jive.. eat and sleep ass ? to turn ... conscious for a few days.. smh
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Heard the following story, but don't know if it is true or not,... I heard a soul brother was having first date with soul sister .... making small talk he inquired:
    "have you heard somebody is burning down churches ?" to which she replied "I don't give a frick,.. I like Popeyes"
    hmmm... old white guy making jokes about black guys that involves the phrase "soul brother"

i see this ending well
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If it wasn't for the "I have a dream" speech would MLK be considered a better leader than Malcolm X by most? Kids in elementary schools know about MLK but have no clue who Malcolm X was I wonder why.......
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If it wasn't for the "I have a dream" speech would MLK be considered a better leader than Malcolm X by most? Kids in elementary schools know about MLK but have no clue who Malcolm X was I wonder why.......

Probably cause Malcolm X was a MOslem and MOslem contribution to civil rights success was a drop in the bucket,
    ... if not counter productive.

[and why isn't his name spelled MALCOM !?]
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Why isn't yours spelled Jon Prewet?

I don't understand where you are going with these silent L questions.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    More black folks need to learn about Marcus Garvey

oh, so when a white person says you should probably just go back to Africa, it's an insult

but when a black person says the exact same thing, you're like "hey he's got a good point"

whatever
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you know they only.. mention they rubber stamp black history month they recycle who they want to tell you about.. when there were a multitude of warriors to the movement.. and advancement..

Here is what you usually get..

MLK
    Thurgood Marshall
    Harriet Tubman
    Benjamin Banneker
    Fredrick Doughlas
    Garret Morgan
    Crispus Attucks
    Eli Whitney
    Mae Jeminson

and by and large you get footnotes.. Yesterday MLK was an extremist.. Militant.. today hes a hero..

You dont hear about

Malcom X
    black panthers(they sure will lie and tell you that they were racist) and point out them becoming corrupted
    Nat Turner

hundreds of others who were "Militant" to me when they call these people militant that means they were doing something right putting a foot in the ass of the status quo and not on some ghandism ? .. Im not comparing nor contrasting because both philosphys were needed just sayin..

The melanin challenge call him a racist.. i call him a freedom fighter... would you call someone who fights against tyranny and terrorism a traitor or a hero....?

waits for the shuck and jive.. eat and sleep ass ? to turn ... conscious for a few days.. smh

Truth is spoken on this post.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oh, so when a white person says you should probably just go back to Africa, it's an insult

but when a black person says the exact same thing, you're like "hey he's got a good point"

whatever

Bigoted Caucasians like you use the comment with a separatist attitude.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Probably cause Malcolm X was a MOslem and MOslem contribution to civil rights success was a drop in the bucket,
    ... if not counter productive.

Has nothing to do with being Muslim or not your reaching with that statement.

Malcolm X message and knowledge was productive in civil rights movement but your white and have a lot of anonymosity towards Muslims from reading your posts that have to do with Islam.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why isn't yours spelled Jon Prewet?

Beats me. English spelling is crazy.
  • John Prewett
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ............ your white and have a lot of anonymosity towards Muslims from reading your posts that have to do with Islam.

I wonder how many black followers of Jesus Christ have been murdered by MOslems in USA due to their speaking the truth re MO.

MO/KORAN command war be waged against nonMOslems.

MO was a killer, enslaver, slave owner, slave trader, slave ? , tortureer. So says Islamic sources.

Not so many blacks in Saudi Arabia as USA, because the MOslems had black slaves castrated before bringing them into MOslem slave markets. MOslems also took white slaves. I don't know if or if not they were so careful to castrate the white slaves.

Blacks following MO are saying "enslaving infidels [of any color] is fine and dandy ....

then out of other side of mouth, blame much current behavior/attitude problems on slavery.

It isn't the color. It's the ideology.