How is Egypt (Kemet, the Black land, descendants of Kush, located in Africa)...

Options
Maalik
Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Not considered an African Country? Regardless of which ethnicity/religious group populates the country today, 3000 years ago, before any settlers from Greece, Rome or the Middle East breached the city's walls, while it was a thriving civilization it was a Black city. I dont understand the argument...

Comments

• Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    There is no argument. They decided calling themselves part of the Middle East completely distancing themselves from Africa. Population is 50/50 Muslim to African but you dont see any "blacks" do you?

1410: North America belonged to Native Americans

That was 600 years ago...so you could see how one would say, Egypt may have been VASTLY different 3 thousand years ago. Im not speaking on what Egypt considers themselves today....they're culturally an arab nation, especially after centuries of racial mixing. I'm speaking on Philosophers who debate whether or not Ancient Egypt was a black civilization, when millions of signs point to it.
  • Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh my bad. To me the answer is they dont wanna give Africans the credit they deserve

Its crazy. In 50 years, America's largest racial group will be hispanics. I guess in 3000 years, philosophers will write that the United States was founded by them...
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oh my bad. To me the answer is they dont wanna give Africans the credit they deserve

Exactly the point.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ive always considered it an african country
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Africans need to run them Arabs the ? up outta there with that ? . How can you claim a land where you cant even go outside without covering your entire body to prevent triple degree sunburn.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its been controlled by the arabs for more than a thousand years

before that, it was controlled by the romans

before that, the greeks

before that, the persians

and waaaaaaaay long ago, it was controlled by the egyptians, who depicted themselves as being considerably LIGHTER than their neighbors to the south

to say egypt was "black" is not honest

commence feelings catching
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i didnt even kno egypt was in afirca till about the eleventh grade, and of course they were black....if its in africa, its black to me
  • Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    its been controlled by the arabs for more than a thousand years

before that, it was controlled by the romans

before that, the greeks

before that, the persians

and waaaaaaaay long ago, it was controlled by the egyptians, who depicted themselves as being considerably LIGHTER than their neighbors to the south

to say egypt was "black" is not honest

commence feelings catching

Okay....you speaking that ? .

By the time Egypt was conquered by anyone, it far AFTER its prominence. The high point of Egypt's history was titled as the Kingdom dynasty (The Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom & New Kingdom)...which lasted from 2600 B.C. until about 1258 B.C after Ramses death.

The Palestians & Assyrians took control of Egypt shortly after (1260 B.C.), who lost control to the Persians, who lost control to Alexander The Great & the Greeks who eventually lost control to the Roman Empire in 30 B.C.

So to clear ? up for the misinformed, the Romans & the Greeks had no business in Ancient Egypt for 1400 years. The period most philosophers salivate over, The Kingdom Period, Ancient Egypt was untapped & secluded from outsiders.

Ancient Egyptians were descendants of Ancient Kushites & Nubians. The name Egypt translate to Kemet/Land of Ham (one of Noah's 3 sons). This translates to "Black Land". Historians over the years have "attempted" to state that "Black Land' is meant to describe the dark soil in the Nile Valley & not the color of the natives....which is ? .

There is nothing arabic about this ? ...

Menkaura-ColossalStatue_MuseumOfFineArtsBoston.png
    marriage.jpg
    Ancient-Egypt-make-up1.jpg
    tutankhamun.jpg

Saying someone isn't African because there skin is of a lighter tone....is probably the most ? thing I've ever heard. All across the Africa Diaspora, skin colors vary. A native from Niger looks completely different than a native from Eritrea. Egyptians were most likely of lighter complexion due to being located above the Sub-Sahara...not due to not being African. No other civilization invaded Egypt until 1260 B.C., Egypt has roots back to 9000 B.C., it was a black civilization. Modern science just has a problem admitting that alot of today's marvels were discovered by one.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I didn't say they're not African.

I said they're not "black."

But more importantly, Egypt was a ? place to live for those thousands of years the pharaohs ruled. If you were born a slave, you would die a slave. Less than 10% of the population was taught how to read. The average life expectancy was less than 30 years.

And if you didn't like the way the gubment was running things? Too bad.

Living in America >>>>>>>>>>>> Living in ancient Egypt
  • Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I didn't say they're not African.

I said they're not "black."

But more importantly, Egypt was a ? place to live for those thousands of years the pharaohs ruled. If you were born a slave, you would die a slave. Less than 10% of the population was taught how to read. The average life expectancy was less than 30 years.

And if you didn't like the way the gubment was running things? Too bad.

Living in America >>>>>>>>>>>> Living in ancient Egypt

Then you are misinformed & ignorant.

Egypt means land of Black. Step your knowledge game up. If imperialism & racial mixing wasn't prevalent until 2000 years ago & Egypt has roots back to 11000 years ago....how was Egypt not a Black nation. That's a 9000 year period where no one interfered. Who would've founded it besides Blacks? And if it was a group other than the Kushites & Nubians, why would they call it Kemet?
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kemet means "black soil" and refers to the flood plain of the Nile. It doesn't mean "black people."

The only people who believe that are Afrocentric internet conspiracy theorists who "research" by watching Youtubes all day.
  • Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kemet means "black soil" and refers to the flood plain of the Nile. It doesn't mean "black people."

The only people who believe that are Afrocentric internet conspiracy theorists who "research" by watching Youtubes all day.

It means land of black, which is ambiguous.

Kemet is also another name for Ham, one of Noah's sons.

Bigoted theorists "decided" Kemet meant Black soil, as if they had the evidence to know what individuals 11000 years ago truly meant by it. Ancient Egyptians are descendants of Cushites. Why would Cushites (i.e. black skinned people) settle in Egypt (i.e. Africa) & name their country land of black if it wasn't mean to describe them as a people. Too many references to be a coincidence.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ham and noah didn't exist, they're fictional characters

lol if that's really the basis of your belief

and kemet does indeed literally refer to the land itself
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ham and noah didn't exist, they're fictional characters

lol if that's really the basis of your belief

and kemet does indeed literally refer to the land itself

You're atheist so course you wouldn't believe it.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You're atheist so course you wouldn't believe it.

there's no reason to believe it
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    there's no reason to believe it

Of course that's your stance. You believe in NOTHING.
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Okay....you speaking that ? .

By the time Egypt was conquered by anyone, it far AFTER its prominence. The high point of Egypt's history was titled as the Kingdom dynasty (The Old Kingdom, Middle Kingdom & New Kingdom)...which lasted from 2600 B.C. until about 1258 B.C after Ramses death.

The Palestians & Assyrians took control of Egypt shortly after (1260 B.C.), who lost control to the Persians, who lost control to Alexander The Great & the Greeks who eventually lost control to the Roman Empire in 30 B.C.

So to clear ? up for the misinformed, the Romans & the Greeks had no business in Ancient Egypt for 1400 years. The period most philosophers salivate over, The Kingdom Period, Ancient Egypt was untapped & secluded from outsiders.

Ancient Egyptians were descendants of Ancient Kushites & Nubians. The name Egypt translate to Kemet/Land of Ham (one of Noah's 3 sons). This translates to "Black Land". Historians over the years have "attempted" to state that "Black Land' is meant to describe the dark soil in the Nile Valley & not the color of the natives....which is ? .

There is nothing arabic about this ? ...

Menkaura-ColossalStatue_MuseumOfFineArtsBoston.png
    marriage.jpg
    Ancient-Egypt-make-up1.jpg
    tutankhamun.jpg

Saying someone isn't African because there skin is of a lighter tone....is probably the most ? thing I've ever heard. All across the Africa Diaspora, skin colors vary. A native from Niger looks completely different than a native from Eritrea. Egyptians were most likely of lighter complexion due to being located above the Sub-Sahara...not due to not being African. No other civilization invaded Egypt until 1260 B.C., Egypt has roots back to 9000 B.C., it was a black civilization. Modern science just has a problem admitting that alot of today's marvels were discovered by one.

Modern science that's headed by WHITES.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Of course that's your stance. You believe in NOTHING.

i believe in what's supported by evidence and logic

i dont believe in magic and fairy tales
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i believe in what's supported by evidence and logic

i dont believe in magic and fairy tales

The world was all of a sudden came from NOTHING. That's your evidence and logic.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The world was all of a sudden came from NOTHING. That's your evidence and logic.

thats not even close to how the naturalistic explanation of the origin of the cosmos works

read a brief history of time, its easy enough for laymen
  • allreasoned_out
    allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't understand why some blacks will vigorously debate, at great length, whether Egypt was a black country in its heyday, but won't encourage each other to hit the books today.

Let's make black history now.
  • Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't understand why some blacks will vigorously debate, at great length, whether Egypt was a black country in its heyday, but won't encourage each other to hit the books today.

Let's make black history now.

Completely irrelevant to the discussion. I agree but...that's another topic for another day.
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The a-rabs moved in, wanted to claim the fame, and whoop; there it is.

/thread

never let anyone tell you that the a-rabs are real the Egyptians.
  • rocker
    rocker Members Posts: 43
    edited February 2011
    Options
    There is a convoluted understanding of what "Black land" means with respect to Egypt. Just as Egypt was not White European, it was also not Black African. The Egyptian language is not in the same language family as most of Black Africa, the Egyptian genetic group does not exist in most of Black Africa, etc.

The only Black peoples who have a linguistic or genetic affiliation with Ancient Egypt are the Somalis and Ethiopians. They in turn have the closet affiliation linguistically and genetically with the Berbers of North Africa who look very white while ironically the Somalis/Ethiopians are quite obviously black.

Ancient Egyptian language (today Coptic) is in a language family separate from most of Black Africa

aamap.gif

The father haplo-type (meaning most recent genetic tribe membership) also resembles the linguistic map

E1b1b1.png

You can't call Ancient Egypt "black" nor "white", they were/are part of a distinct linguistic/genetic group that seems to have been ignored by Afrocentrists and Eurocentrist prior to the rise of modern sciences. Also, culturally they are very much Arab as a result of recent conquest so this is why they possibly don't consider themselves "African". They also resort more to the Middle Eastern identity than African identity because Egypt is the largest Modern Arab nation, it's dialect of Arab is the standard dialect in common Arab media, and it is the cultural and artistic center of the Arab world, along with having the largest Arabic city. Although, and I have half-Egyptian cousins, most Egyptians are proud of their distinct "Egyptianess" still.
  • Maalik
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    The a-rabs moved in, wanted to claim the fame, and whoop; there it is.

/thread

never let anyone tell you that the a-rabs are real the Egyptians.

I agree.... Egyptians were descendants of Nubians & Kushites. Over the ages.....8,000 years after the initial settlement, Arabs & other groups moved in. Saying Ancient Egypt wasn't African/Black because of the Arabs in Present Day Egypt is like saying Ancient North America was entirely White European because of Present Day population of the U.S. Its complete fuckery & the only reason this is such a disputed debate, is because Egypt was actually important to the development of modern man.
This discussion has been closed.