Jay z and Joe budden on pump it up who killed it ?

Options
starvin
starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Not even a jay fan but he got joe on that one and joe was the one that went 2nd

Comments

• _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    joe budden killed him
  • Justa Phella
    Justa Phella Members Posts: 315
    edited February 2011
    Options
    joe budden hands down. infact, can't nobody ? with the FOCUS track. the question, who do you think can ripp the FOCUS beat with creativty like he did.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Thats hard to say when they werent actually in the studio together.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    im always back n forth on this, ima fan of both cats jay seemed to almost be able to do what joe did in way less time. joey went in on him though.

i think joey got it slightly, hov was ill as hell though but joey was focused on him and hov mistaked him for a lil ? .

its cool if yall say hov won but if they were to do this again right now??????

grand pa hov, gonna be looking flabby and sick.
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    isnt this what got joey shelved??
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i just got through listening to Joe Buddens first album...i see why that ? was dropped
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ehhh....i'll say a tie....

But like they said... It is a rebuttal from what jay said, so it should be better than jayz
  • SunZoo_aka_LC
    SunZoo_aka_LC Members Posts: 267
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jay easily... funny this is when budden was actually on a major....
  • innercity99
    innercity99 Members Posts: 892
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was just about to make a thread like this yesterday lls...

But yea this is tough and like gns had said I stay going back n forth between the winner but if I had 2 choose id put it like this I haven't heard heard neither track in years but jay had the more memorable verse... cause what he was name droppin the ball players he killed that ? and then towards the end when he was talkin bout put words together just to match and I speak the truth while u adjust the facts yea I used 2 quote that all the time back in the day and when that was when joey was my fav rapper
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    joe budden album sucked....i was listening to it im like how in the hell did he get signed
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jay..although Joe's verse does get honorable mention

anytime someone else goes and takes time to come of with different verses after hearing someone else's verse always looses..

u suppose to go hard the first time, not the second and third time..
  • innercity99
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    joe budden album sucked....i was listening to it im like how in the hell did he get signed

? u crazy joe buddens album was dope better then MOST albums that's come out in the past few years
  • A1 Famega
    A1 Famega Members Posts: 33
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Joe definately got em, not by much tho
    too bad Hov caught feelins and Joey got shelved
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jay's version>>>
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? u crazy joe buddens album was dope better then MOST albums that's come out in the past few years

i bought the cd when it first came out....after hearing a few joints and being disappointed i threw this ? out the window foreal.im like why was i this stupid to buy this BS
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    'Gimme that beat fooo...'

Look, im a diehard Joe Budden fan, but hearin Jay 'freestyle' cmon...

U gotta put ? in context...Jay did the S. Carter collection and fukin rapped over a B2TK beat! and made that ? FIRE

Joey's punchlines u can ? at any time, but at the time nggas was like 'Jay droppin a mixtape?' That ? was rare.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jay murked any chance Joey had at a mainstream career with that track, don't act like he wasn't trying to have one back then either....
  • A1 Famega
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i bought the cd when it first came out....after hearing a few joints and being disappointed i threw this ? out the window foreal.im like why was i this stupid to buy this BS

I had bought Joey ? when it first dropped, I was still in highschool then and stopped ? wit em. Stopped bein a fan for awhile.

I had to graduate and go through more real life ? before I could really appreciate the type of music he was triena make.
    BTW he muredered the Focus joint that ish go super hard!
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    'Ol school move it' haaaaaa i still reference that line
  • A1 Famega
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jay murked any chance Joey had at a mainstream career with that track, don't act like he wasn't trying to have one back then either....

C'mon Shun
    He shelved Joey's ? through the powers that be, He got bodied triena take sumthin that was'nt his...Lol
  • innercity99
    edited February 2011
    Options

Well I could appreciate the ? he was on... he was spittin some real ? 10 mins stand, up nukka calm down walk with me, and some ill tracks like focus and pusha man some hot tracks like she wanna know me and ma ma ma
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well I could appreciate the ? he was on... he was spittin some real ? 10 mins stand, up nukka calm down walk with me, and some ill tracks like focus and pusha man some hot tracks like she wanna know me and ma ma ma

im not being funny,theres a few joints on there i liked,but the rest can go in the trash.I didnt like the album at all.Joey needs to step his game up or else

even Jay-z knew his album was trash that's why he's not signed to def jam anymore.I hope signed to Eminem's label he will be on the top of his game
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jay.................., even tho it was just alright nothin spectacular, i didnt even listen to jb whole verse, just garbage
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jay..

Joe Budden Album was fire... ? what you heard