Is it ok for another woman to cook for YOUR man ??

Options
UPTOWN
UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
edited February 2011 in The Powder Room
notice that the thread title doesnt go into details

this topic was brought up to me and i chimed in and ? off all kinds of women, and of course there was one that took it really hard LOL. so im not going to post my input, but since the women on this board are much more diverse then where the convo first took place, i brought it here to see if the answers were universal.

please feel free to go into detail with your response

@ Haute ... no pooky bear in this thread please LOL... and none of you other ones either LOL just regular haute gurl :cool:

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    never. and if he accepts what she's serving he's catching hell
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmmm I thought about it, and I'm feeling like I don't really care. So long as there's no underlying motives involved in it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? be tryin to milk yo cereal.. dont stand for it.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    naw, if its not a family member, no other woman should be cooking for him

Bird gonna come in here and tear this thread apart..."Hell naw, no ? better not be cooking for my man....And that stank ? betta not fix his plate either" it'll be along those lines lol

*waits for it*
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Members, Banned Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »

Bird gonna come in here and tear this thread apart..."Hell naw, no ? better not be cooking for my man....And that stank ? betta not fix his plate either" it'll be along those lines lol

*waits for it*

June posted for me ^^^ lol.

Barring blood relatives of his and a few of mine (momma, madea, and my aunties and 2 of my sisters), he better not dare even sniff the plate let alone eat any of it.
  • UPTOWN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »

*waits for it*
    June posted for me ^^^ lol.

Barring blood relatives of his and a few of mine (momma, madea, and my aunties and 2 of my sisters), he better not dare even sniff the plate let alone eat any of it.

never. and if he accepts what she's serving he's catching hell

LOL .... but why???

this is actually a 2 part post check below
  • UPTOWN
    edited February 2011
    Options
    part two ... this is not directed specifically for you kai

kai_valya wrote: »
    i wouldn't care. he's very picky tho so i doubt he'd eat a plate from a random chick/acquaintance. the only other females' food besides mine that he eats are his granny's, my granny's, and one of his homegirls who can cook her ass off, i get plates from her all the time too. hey that's one less time i gotta cook. he still loves my cookin the best tho : )

What about the bolded tho?? isnt that the same as making him cut off his friends in a sense???
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i dont just cook for anybody, especially not for any male...so me cooking for him means something more than just cooking. and he shouldn't be associating with women outside of our family anyway.
  • hummingbird
    edited February 2011
    Options
    part two ... this is not directed specifically for you kai

What about the bolded tho?? isnt that the same as making him cut off his friends in a sense???

He can still be friends with her. He just cant eat her cooking. ? that.

Said it before, I was raised old school deep southern style. And that is jsut a no no. You cook for a man to show him you can be a good nurturer, mother, mate. If a ? cooks for my man knowing he has a woman who is more than capable and willing to do so, then that ? might as well have spit in my face and told me she means to make my man stray. She's sending him a message that she wants to take care of him.

I know alot of ya'll dont understand it, but around here thats just how it is.
  • thehonorable
    thehonorable Members Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmm...
    mhmmmm I love me some grits...
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Why the ? is random chick trying to cook for my man?

Nah, it's not okay.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    if ur lady scrappy u should know better.....? like that is an insult...

exceptions are family, or if you're all invited to a house get together and she cooked for e'rrebody
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hold up- why the hell is some chick cooking for MY MAN?! NO that's NEVER acceptable! The ? betta be cooking for a damn dinner party where we ALL eating....that's the only time it's acceptable. I'll go the hell off....the ? u cookin for MY man for hoe?
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol he shoveled out her car in the snow and she knock on yall door with just 1 plate as her way of saying thanks....
  • hummingbird
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    lol he shoveled out her car in the snow and she knock on yall door with just 1 plate as her way of saying thanks....

I'd ? that ? , and his ass better have some money she paid him for shovelin out here car cause if not I know what the lick read. I paid with ? for him to shovel my car out. hmph. *folds arm and taps foot*
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ^^damn you cheap

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    only if it's family or WE are at a gathering together. Other than that why the hell is some woman cooking for my man ???

Anywho....

either way I'll be fixing his plate ...
  • junegemini
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    I actually remember a friend of mine tryin to pull this before while I was at work, but he called me and told me beforehand. When I got home I went off!! the only time I didn't mind was when my best friend was staying with me and my Husband and we took turns cooking for the household.

you was sharing that man
  • MsSouthern
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

please

that is her way of saying... look how good I cook come by anytime

she ain't slick !!!
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    please

that is her way of saying... look how good I cook come by anytime

she ain't slick !!!
    lmao yo...with 1 plate....i would already think he was cheating and the relationship would be demolished.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You cook for a man to show him you can be a good nurturer, mother, mate. If a ? cooks for my man knowing he has a woman who is more than capable and willing to do so, then that ? might as well have spit in my face and told me she means to make my man stray. She's sending him a message that she wants to take care of him.

Lol I understand completely. ? have no clue how many of these broads being offering to cook and feed me and ? . Meet a broad and not too long later she asking a ? what kinds of food he like eating 'cause she 'likes to cook' haha
  • Mr. Terrific
    Mr. Terrific Members Posts: 483
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He can still be friends with her. He just cant eat her cooking. ? that.

Said it before, I was raised old school deep southern style. And that is jsut a no no. You cook for a man to show him you can be a good nurturer, mother, mate. If a ? cooks for my man knowing he has a woman who is more than capable and willing to do so, then that ? might as well have spit in my face and told me she means to make my man stray. She's sending him a message that she wants to take care of him.

lol, I understand where you are coming from. cooking=way to man heart.

damn though there are a lot of prin-ci-pal-ties involved with the women of the IC. By the way if a dude done shoveled out your drive way you owe him some head with your ? out at a minimum
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Your husband is ? ...you don't have to worry about a woman trying to take him from you.
    He found a good fool in you.
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    famous last words...

"baby..u know nicki next door?....she sure can make some good mashed potatoes.......she left the skin on them n everything...genious"
  • MsSouthern
    edited February 2011
    Options
    play nice in here Blue :)