Men who "snoop" around??

Options
akforty7
akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Powder Room
Ladies how would you feel if you were with a guy who went thru ur stuff?

For instance. You get up and go to the bathroom and when you get back you can tell he went thru your PURSE because he zipped it up the wrong way.

Or he brings up something he seen on your phone. Even worse your e-mail, facebook, etc?

This is usually considered a feminine trait, to be that insecure you'd invade someone's privacy and go through their belongings. And obviously there's a complete lack of trust.

IMO... It's bad enough when females do it, because I believe if you go looking for dirt you're going to find it. If you need to look thru his stuff b/c you can't trust him, you don't need to be with him. Who wants to live their life paranoid and always having to investigate and check after someone? But when MEN do it.. it's even worse to me.

What do you think? Ever experienced it?

Comments

• akforty7
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mikko_ wrote: »
    Me and my Man don't hide anything from one another, we use each others computers and have one another passwords for everything. I've been in relationships where that felt intrusive but it works well for us. I don't go looking for ? though and neither does he. I can't imagine him going thru my purse though.....wtf??

Yes girl. Happened to me recently with someone who's not even my man. I went to the bathroom came back and my purse was zipped half way.. I don't ever even zip it. So I knew he went thru it. FOR WHAT???? Not like anything was missing, he just wanted to see what I had in there or something. I felt so violated. What do men think we have in our purses? LOL. Nothing special, believe me. Just makeup, tampons, money and gum really.
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i've had it happen once, said something about it, and he never did it again...that was in the beginning of our relationship though, now, i wouldn't give a ?
  • akforty7
    edited February 2011
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    i've had it happen once, said something about it, and he never did it again...that was in the beginning of our relationship though, now, i wouldn't give a ?

Yeah i think like when you're with someone for longer and its very serious.. then MAYBE.. but it just shows you don't trust them. But in the beginning or if y'all not even TOGETHER... WTF is that??? SMH!
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    he wanted some lipstick
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it's kind of scary because behavior like that is usually only the beginning of what could blossom into a crazy situation (controlling, mental abuse, etc.)
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I had this problem last year with this dude i was seeing. I went in the bathroom to fix something...i cant remember wtf happened but anyway i came out and he had deleted all the male names out of my phone. I tried to ? his ass.
  • akforty7
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it's kind of scary because behavior like that is usually only the beginning of what could blossom into a crazy situation (controlling, mental abuse, etc.)

Exactly! Unless he tryin to use my tampons or makeup, aint no reason to look thru my purse. Thats ? .
    I had this problem last year with this dude i was seeing. I went in the bathroom to fix something...i cant remember wtf happened but anyway i came out and he had deleted all the male names out of my phone. I tried to ? his ass.

? !!! That is HORRIBLE! WOW!!!

My girl had a man who used to take her phone and text the men in her phone as if he was her to see how they responded... can we say ISSUES?
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    Exactly! Unless he tryin to use my tampons or makeup, aint no reason to look thru my purse. Thats ? .

My girl had a man who used to take her phone and text the men in her phone as if he was her to see how they responded... can we say ISSUES?

Hmm, Unfortunately Ms Ak, these men have characteristics of sadistic. Sadistic is personality disorder with a pervasive pattern of cruel, demeaning, and snake like behavior. For example:

They like to treat or discipline someone under their control unusually harshly.

Used physical cruelty or violence for the purpose of establishing dominance in a relationship, such as snooping around in woman's purse as your previously said.

These are two examples of what they are capable of..
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Guys that snoop through ? should just grow ? and wear belly rings.. Never have I seen such faggitry so equal to Boybe$t!
  • akforty7
    edited February 2011
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Hmm, Unfortunately Ms Ak, these men have characteristics of sadistic. Sadistic is personality disorder with a pervasive pattern of cruel, demeaning, and snake like behavior. For example:

Used physical cruelty or violence for the purpose of establishing dominance in a relationship, such as snooping around in woman's purse as your previously said.

Wow! Well the guy I was referring to was not even my man or even close to being my man. So there's no reason for him to be sadistic or nosey. Makes no sense to me.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I like to snoop around with Snoop
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mine does that with my FB. I told him trust me if I have something to hide my Wall is the last place I would broadcast it. I don't trust him with my phone either. He questions who texted me, who called me, etc. But I tolerate it because he's had some really bad experiences in the past. It's not upsetting, merely annoying after a while.
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Ole girl stuck tampons in my washroom by my mirror. I told her that she forgot it and she said she has plenty. She basically wanted to leave it there to mark her territory. Talk about insecure SMH.
  • think
    think Members Posts: 687
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Mine does that with my FB. I told him trust me if I have something to hide my Wall is the last place I would broadcast it. I don't trust him with my phone either. He questions who texted me, who called me, etc. But I tolerate it because he's had some really bad experiences in the past. It's not upsetting, merely annoying after a while.

How much more are you willing to handle? I tolerated my girl too, but I could see it becoming a serious problem down the line. Hopefully when you get married, that ? dies off, but who knows?

The bigger question is can damaged goods be fixed?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

I'm pretty sure reason was given enough to take such dramatic measures to secure his greatest “investment"........his heart.

and I'm sure even you'll find this agreeable friend ...a man only asks 2 things from a woman;

Total Discipline

And

Absolute Obedience

whether she be his significant other or potential to be so. She prove herself worthy. And "back talk" and sass, doesn't equal in that equation
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options

i've had that happen to me with a couple female friends of mine...honestly the ? is stupid though because you can tell when it's somebody else talking to you even through a text w/ most people
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Whys he snooping though? Cuz feels something is amiss in our relationship or because he's a paranoid freak? If it cuz he thinks I'm doing something he don't know about snoop every square inch, if it cuz he's paranoid and he'll be like that throughout the relationship he's gotta go.
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure reason was given enough to take such dramatic measures to secure his greatest “investment"........his heart.

and I'm sure even you'll find this agreeable friend ...a man only asks 2 things from a woman;

Total Discipline

And

Absolute Obedience

whether she be his significant other or potential to be so. She prove herself worthy. And "back talk" and sass, doesn't equal in that equation

No, I don't find this agreeable not one bit, violating privacy and treating a woman like a slave is not my thing. Oh? So she can't speak her a mind now? I think you need some physiological help buddy.. In all honesty, your probably are a sadistic..
  • akforty7
    edited February 2011
    Options
    think wrote: »
    Ole girl stuck tampons in my washroom by my mirror. I told her that she forgot it and she said she has plenty. She basically wanted to leave it there to mark her territory. Talk about insecure SMH.

Thats a whole different story and has nothing to do with this thread tho. And men do the territorial thing too, believe me.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No, I don't find this agreeable not one bit, violating privacy and treating a woman like a slave is not my thing. Oh? So she can't speak her a mind now? I think you need some physiological help buddy.. In all honesty, your probably are a sadistic..

negative
    only time I've ever placed my hands around a woman's neck is during intercourse.

a woman can speak her mind, but once her man makes that final decision on a topic/subject/issue
    that's it.
    ya gotta be strong brother....specially with sisters

let me tell ya something….. only 2 kind of women want a weak ass man:

That’s a weak ass woman and a gold digger.
    No….It’s never about laying hands on a female…that’s ? ? ….but best believe you better be able to talk with some BASS and AUTHORITY
    when dealing when these women out here fam……
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    think wrote: »

that's just disrespectful...should tell her ass they'll be in the trash along w/ her self-esteem for pulling some childish ? like that and dropped her ass
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    a ? shouldn't be lookin thru your personal ? ...................period

even if a chick asks me to get something out of her purse for her I'll just hand her the whole purse

everybody needs thier personal space IMO

even if you aint got nothing to hide a person should still respect your personal space
  • akforty7
    edited February 2011
    Options

even if a chick asks me to get something out of her purse for her I'll just hand her the whole purse

even if you aint got nothing to hide a person should still respect your personal space

EXACTLY! Thank you! You need to make a twitter. I'd enjoy seeing you on there.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yes girl. Happened to me recently with someone who's not even my man. I went to the bathroom came back and my purse was zipped half way.. I don't ever even zip it. So I knew he went thru it. FOR WHAT???? Not like anything was missing, he just wanted to see what I had in there or something. I felt so violated. What do men think we have in our purses? LOL. Nothing special, believe me. Just makeup, tampons, money and gum really.

This made me laugh out loud.
    Besides my mother I have never went through a women purse but I have gone through a few medicine cabinets.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

C/s.....I hate when my chick ask me to get something out her purse.......Ughhhhhh