Graduating class of High school X is 750 out of 770, question?

Options
The BAPHOMET
The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
why do we as blacks seem to focus more energy on the 20 than the 750?

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    complaing is more fun
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    because we want all of them naggas to graduate
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    complaing is more fun

you know I was finna let this thing die becuz I saw ? complaining and debate'n back in forth with you in that other thread, when you said something that was so simple to do to correct "our" problems, at that point I realized it and at that moment I was finna say in that thread to you "I see complaining most be exictement to most" but I said ? it, and at that very moment you were here posting the same thing .........see thats why I post mostly in donkey
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited February 2011
    Options
    because we want all of them naggas to graduate

half them ? can't spell graduation, and besides that some people rather tell the white man thanks but no thanks
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    it's crazy... to me....

if everyone just took accoutability for their own actions...and raised theri children to strive for better while taking accoutability for their own actions...

all this ? would die out on it's own... it would just naturally evaporate...

but since so many people can't figure out it's that simple, they fuss fight complain, and put more energy into being overly negative, while the children are closly paying attention to all the bitterness, anger and complaing and turn into the exact same thing...

u see genrations and generations of people looking for womone to blame, or some statistic as the reasonsing.. waitign for a slution to fall out the sky, or fro someone t swoop in and fix everything...

waiting for a external solution to fix an internal problem is ? .....

like look at that thread where dude field trips was like "if it's so ? up where you're at...why not just move?"

i mean in that EXACT case it's not that simple, but that's how the entire world looks at the black community...

"it's simple... just do better"

and in a ways they're right it is simple.. it's just not a quick process...that mom who's in the projects may not be in a position to move out, but she is in a position to strongly influence her children to take advantage of the resorces around them so they won't be a statistic like her...

there were people who were born slaves and went on to be great things in this country back at a time when blacks would get killed for even reading a book...sure they were a small group...

but they chose a proactive solution and educated themselves, instead of wating on a helping hand...

a kid in the projects got it way better than someone born a slave...

they just need to be taught how to not complain, understand that life isn't fair, and do what's in their power to do better.....

internal soultions are the only solutions..

just my opinon on it
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    i kinda get where you're coming from, but lets be real........
    most PARENTS, regardless of race, aint ? ...
    it just so happens that blacks have a much shorter margin of error....
    of course if everyone was smart and wise things would be better...
    that shall not happen in the near future, so wise ? need to make a ruckus...

naw, wise needs to contiune being wise and making accomplishments....

those who are left behind will die out, and those who are inbetween will either be influenced and follow suit...

or discouraged and also die out....

if a ? wanna be left behind...'? em...

either hop on board with moving this ship forward.. or ? urself....

simple as that to me...
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "the Schott Foundation 50 State Report on Public Education and Black Males 2010 revealed that the overall 2007/08-graduation rate for African American male students nationwide was an alarming forty-seven percent."

"New York City, the district with the nation's highest enrollment in African American students, only graduates 28% percent of its African American males students yet they are not alone. Half of the states have graduation rates for African American male students below the national average."

Read more at Suite101: Are Black Male High School Drop Out Rates Hurting America ? http://www.suite101.com/content/are-black-male-high-school-drop-out-rates-hurting-america--a280321#ixzz1DU7MTt1N

ha, only around 200+ out of 650 graduated my Sr year. Well, to be more specific, our freshman class was around 650, but only around 230 of us graduated.

So we may have lost some,due to them going to new schools, and such. Also, I'm not sure what % were black, a lot of white people had dropped too.
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited February 2011
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »
    naw, wise needs to contiune being wise and making accomplishments....

those who are left behind will die out, and those who are inbetween will either be influenced and follow suit...

or discouraged and also die out....

if a ? wanna be left behind...'? em...

either hop on board with moving this ship forward.. or ? urself....

simple as that to me...

don't get no simpler than that^^^^^^^
  • The BAPHOMET
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you buggin homie...
    nothing reproduces faster than stupid...
    dumb ? won't simply fall into oblivion...
    they will move into your neighborhood and ? ? up...
    they will go to your kids school and disrupt the class...
    we must be proactive against ******dom....

soft ? stay losing
  • Dupac
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you buggin homie...
    nothing reproduces faster than stupid...
    dumb ? won't simply fall into oblivion...
    they will move into your neighborhood and ? ? up...
    they will go to your kids school and disrupt the class...
    we must be proactive against ******dom....

more focus needs to be placed on putting our best foot forward...

put it like this....you got two sons...

i know it would tear you apart as a parent to choose favorites, but are you going to sacrifice the entire well being of the family to constantly try to help the one who consistantly makes the choice to do bad...

each child was given almost an even playing board, yet one makes strives and constantly reaches towards to sucess while the other never shows and enthusiasm towards moving towards a positive goal, and instead ridicules the one who does everythign in their power to uplift the family and try his best to move forawrd...

the problem in the black community is that we baby our own far too much, we give far too much attention to the weak, and not enough support for the strong...

we would rather celebrate a ? coming home from jail vs a young man headed towards college...

we would rather put several morgages and lose our house on lawyer and bail money than toward futthering an education...

"if you ain't got no scholarships for school, ? it you can't go.. what i look like putting my house up for you to go to school"

i've heard and seen this many many many of times....yet seen families lose their homes all together to bail out a ? on a $500,000 bond...

sometimes tough loe is necesarry in order to finally teach a lesson....

so i stand behind my previous statement..

if a ? wann be left behind... ? 'em

? stay talking revolution but scared of casualties....

support the strong and encourage the weak to get on your level....

i feel like if those left behind want support.. they should have to work for it just like everyone else....
  • quiet1
    quiet1 Members Posts: 146
    edited February 2011
    Options
    [QUOTE=dusouljah;2049510
    we would rather celebrate a ? coming home from jail vs a young man headed towards college.[/QUOTE]

This ? is a myth. If some of those families had someone with a shot of going to college you'd never hear the end of it.
    I'd bet no one has ever seen a family throw a party for a jailbird returning & not do something for their college bound kid.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Home school>>>/Thread
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Home school>>>/Thread

Im starting to believe this as well, but this is almost impossible in this day and age.
  • CrownChakra
    CrownChakra Members Posts: 351
    edited February 2011
    Options
    No one gives a ? about schools with just 20 failures.

It has everything to do with the schools with 750 failures.

If your friends all around you is succeeding then I dont think there are any problems with the school.

If everyone around you is failing you gotta assess why thats happening.