What happened to J. Holiday?

Options
Nthngis4vr
Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
he dropped what 2 singles and I haven seen him since. thought he'd be around a little longer.

Comments

• whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what you talking about? he dropped round 2, like maybe 2 years ago and he doing alot of features. both his albums were pretty solid.
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what you talking about? he dropped round 2, like maybe 2 years ago and he doing alot of features. both his albums were pretty solid.

Really? The only song I know to this day is Bed. And Bed the remix.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that ? bullshittin, 1 of the few people in r n b i listen 2
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited February 2011
    Options
    he had this other song that came after "bed". it goes something like, i can't breathe when you touch me... it wasn't a bad song. and then he dropped another album like last year or something
  • Koko888
    Koko888 Members Posts: 298
    edited February 2011
    Options
    boat1580 wrote: »
    he had this other song that came after "bed". it goes something like, i can't breathe when you touch me... it wasn't a bad song. and then he dropped another album like last year or something

Actually that rings a bell. My bad.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    boat1580 wrote: »

"Suffocate" is the name of that song. And J. Holiday seems to have been in the unfortunate position of "singer that depends on hit songwriters". I think that just about sums it up. And it doesn't exactly help the average singer's career to come out singing about sex... at least that's what I've noticed.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    Options

He just kinda disappeared. I havent saw a video or heard a new song from him since "suffocate". I'll check that out tho.
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I haven't heard from him either but I guess he anit get no more radio play since that hit single Bed
  • babafryo
    babafryo Members Posts: 679 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    he was put to bed.
  • whatevathehell
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He just kinda disappeared. I havent saw a video or heard a new song from him since "suffocate". I'll check that out tho.

I dont know if dude write his own music or not but you cant deny his singing talent..yall need to quit with da bs.

here ya go baby girl...enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uinymk2a3y3

there is a link to his second album d/l and make your valentines days a very special one.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "Suffocate" is the name of that song. And J. Holiday seems to have been in the unfortunate position of "singer that depends on hit songwriters". I think that just about sums it up. And it doesn't exactly help the average singer's career to come out singing about sex... at least that's what I've noticed.
  • Team_JHoliday
    Team_JHoliday Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well if you didn't know let me catch you up. J Holiday had to go and find his own way unlike other artist he wanted to approach his fans with real music. It was obvious that he did not just want to go with the wave of whats hot or new but he wanted to give each and every fan something more. Since round 2 J has sign to Def Jam he has a Mixtape titled M.I.A "Tha Lost Pages" that drops Monday. Also his Album will be out early spring. If you didn't know now you do follow him on twitter @KingJHoliday and his official team @Team_JHoliday .. Much love to all of you!! oh and don't try to put people to bed that aren't sleepy just because he has been out of the lime light doesn't mean he hasn't been working. J Holiday is a real artist who produces real quality music its going to take time but i can bet that it will be worth the long wait!
  • whatevathehell
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well if you didn't know let me catch you up. J Holiday had to go and find his own way unlike other artist he wanted to approach his fans with real music. It was obvious that he did not just want to go with the wave of whats hot or new but he wanted to give each and every fan something more. Since round 2 J has sign to Def Jam he has a Mixtape titled M.I.A "Tha Lost Pages" that drops Monday. Also his Album will be out early spring. If you didn't know now you do follow him on twitter @KingJHoliday and his official team @Team_JHoliday .. Much love to all of you!! oh and don't try to put people to bed that aren't sleepy just because he has been out of the lime light doesn't mean he hasn't been working. J Holiday is a real artist who produces real quality music its going to take time but i can bet that it will be worth the long wait!

good drop, how the hell did you know this thread was here...you only got one post? lol..anyway Im checking for the mixtape this monday.
  • Nthngis4vr
    edited February 2011
    Options

Cool, cool. I liked what I heard and really wanted to hear more from him. Thanks for the info. Will definitely check it out. :)
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    he puttin somebody to BED
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options

his first album was ok...i literally hated the first half of the album and liked everything after "Suffocate", especially "? In Me"...but the first half of the album sounded like he was trying to be a rapper that song in terms of topic matter and lyrics...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Damn, dat was very timely of you
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Every since Big ? Clay tried to ? Maalik while listening to Bed ppl equate his music to ?

Or at least I do......