Plague of Locust......

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
The Bible Bus continues to roll along through the Book of Revelation. Right now Dr. Jay Vernon McGee is speaking about the coming demon plague of locust that will cause men to seek death, but death will flee from them. I highly encourage those who have ears to hear to hop on board and take a seat because the coming tribulation period will be here sooner than you think. ? bless.

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/listen/revelation-91-6-156299.html

"1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. 4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of ? in their foreheads. 5And to them it was given that they should not ? them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. 6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." Revelation 9:1-6

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Locusts are pests! They're annoying too, they're loud as ? .

When I was a youngin' I was at my Grandmothers house and the whole front yard and wall was covered in locusts, it was an amazing sight. It was neat to watch them all flutter when we spooked them, it was black like smoke and what not.

Anyway, this verse is funny. Locusts, which are bugs and can simply be killed, will not torment men. With today's ? we have we can just simply ? them. If it does happen that is. I know, it's SWARMS of them but nonetheless it can be taken care of. I do know it's difficult to control them but it's not impossible. Also, 5 months without food? This is asked of these locusts, for them not to "hurt any green thing", which we know is their food source. This is impossible, from what I read and remember locusts can only go about a month w/o food. Their life span is about 3 - 5 months.

Anyway, this verse is so ridiculous. It would be impossible for locusts to just torment men w/o eating greens at all. They would all die quickly.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've always found the process of usually-solitary grasshoppers turning into social insects and swarming as a result of overcrowding to be interesting.

There have been plenty of locust swarms (or "plagues" if you will) over the past century or so. My favorite being the African locust plague of 1988.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Locusts are pests! They're annoying too, they're loud as ? .

When I was a youngin' I was at my Grandmothers house and the whole front yard and wall was covered in locusts, it was an amazing sight. It was neat to watch them all flutter when we spooked them, it was black like smoke and what not.

Anyway, this verse is funny. Locusts, which are bugs and can simply be killed, will not torment men. With today's ? we have we can just simply ? them. If it does happen that is. I know, it's SWARMS of them but nonetheless it can be taken care of. I do know it's difficult to control them but it's not impossible. Also, 5 months without food? This is asked of these locusts, for them not to "hurt any green thing", which we know is their food source. This is impossible, from what I read and remember locusts can only go about a month w/o food. Their life span is about 3 - 5 months.

Anyway, this verse is so ridiculous. It would be impossible for locusts to just torment men w/o eating greens at all. They would all die quickly.

These locusts are not insects my friend.
    Here is their description

"7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. 11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon." Revelation 9:7-11

Insect locust have no king. "The locusts have no king, yet go they forth all of them by bands;" Proverbs 30:27

But these locust have a king. These are DEMONS. They are not insect locust my friend. The bottomless pit will be opened by Satan and all the demons that are in there will be let loose on the earth.

In order to understand Revelation, you must have a working knowledge of the Old Testament. The book of Joel further describes and illustrates the horror and havoc that these DEMONIC locust will cause when they are released on the earth during the great tribulation.

"1Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
    3A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
    4The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
    5Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
    6Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
    7They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
    8Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
    9They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
    10The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    11And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?" Joel 2:1-11

So again, these locust are not the locust that your describing. They are DEMONS who are in the bottomless pit right now, waiting for the day that they are released.
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ...And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. 8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. 9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. 10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months....
    Those actually sound kind of awesome.

And I rarely use that word.

No more than 4 times a year.
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol...... LOL. So demons disguised as Locusts are going to come sometime in tha near future? What kind of mushrooms were taken before writing tha description of these non insect demon locusts?
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    sounds rough, i'll be in the basement. can they eat through a house or what do i need?
  • zoepian
    zoepian Members Posts: 991
    edited February 2011
    Options
    so is it ? or the devil opening that door? or some dubm human?? is ? working with the devil? sounds like it frm wat i read... why would ? unleash demons on us? maybe ? is the devil him self... like a split persobnality type thing.. liek humans.. we are both good and bad...
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I must be the only one that likes the sound of locusts.

Edit: actually i prefer the sound of cicadas over locusts.
  • Chike
    Chike Members Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

But these locust have a king. These are DEMONS. They are not insect locust my friend. The bottomless pit will be opened by Satan and all the demons that are in there will be let loose on the earth.

In order to understand Revelation, you must have a working knowledge of the Old Testament. The book of Joel further describes and illustrates the horror and havoc that these DEMONIC locust will cause when they are released on the earth during the great tribulation.

"1Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
    3A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
    4The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
    5Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
    6Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
    7They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
    8Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
    9They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
    10The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
    11And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?" Joel 2:1-11

So again, these locust are not the locust that your describing. They are DEMONS who are in the bottomless pit right now, waiting for the day that they are released.

Demons? or ZOMBIES!!!! Zombie apocalypse baby!!! WHOOOO!!!!! I can't wait!!! *plays left4dead to practice survival skills*
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Those actually sound kind of awesome.

And I rarely use that word.

No more than 4 times a year.

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." Revelation 9:6

Doesn't sound very awesome to me.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Lol...... LOL. So demons disguised as Locusts are going to come sometime in tha near future? What kind of mushrooms were taken before writing tha description of these non insect demon locusts?

They are not "demons disguised as locust". The writing is symbolic. John the revelator was describing what he saw the best way he knew how to. Their description is given in Revelation 9:7-10. These demons will torment men for 5 months, but they will not ? men. John says that they hurt like a scorpion does. Scorpion stings are extremely painful, but they are not fatal. These demons will do the same to mankind during the last days. But their stings will be extremely painful, so much so that men will seek to die, but death will flea from them. In other words, men will try to commit suicide but can't. How awful it will be for those who are still alive during that time period.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    sounds rough, i'll be in the basement. can they eat through a house or what do i need?

Your basement will not offer you any protection against these demonic creatures. They are spirit beings, not bound by the laws of this universe. They will go through walls like we walk through doors. No one will be able to hide from them. The only people who will not be harmed by them are only those who have the seal of ? in their forehead. I.E. all those who have turned to the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior during this time period.

"9They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
    10The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:" Joel 2:9-10
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    zoepian wrote: »
    so is it ? or the devil opening that door? or some dubm human?? is ? working with the devil? sounds like it frm wat i read... why would ? unleash demons on us? maybe ? is the devil him self... like a split persobnality type thing.. liek humans.. we are both good and bad...

? allows satan to open the door to the bottomless pit. The great tribulation is a time of judgment on a Christ rejecting world. Sinful and rebellious man will get what they desire, a world without ? . Also, the devil will get his day for 7 years. He will be the ? of this world for 7 years. ? is using the devil and his demons to judge mankind for their wickedness. But this judgment is only 1 of many. The demon plague of locust is the 5th trumpet. There are 7 seal judgments, 7 trumpet judgments, and 7 bowl judgments. The world will feel the wrath of ? for rejecting Him. ? bless.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? is really unimpressive

he's got a whole universe full of asteroids, radiation, and black holes that he could fling at man to make him learn a lesson

but instead.... bugs.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? is really unimpressive

he's got a whole universe full of asteroids, radiation, and black holes that he could fling at man to make him learn a lesson

but instead.... bugs.
    Well for one, the 5 trumpet judgment is not a "bug" judgment. These are literal demons that will torment mankind for 5 months. You don't want to be on the earth when that happens. And secondly there are at least 2 "asteroids" that will strike the earth during the great tribulation.

"8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. 10And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter." Revelation 8:8-10
  • fiat_money
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." Revelation 9:6

Doesn't sound very awesome to me.
    Sounds chaotic to me.

And I feel a certain way about chaos:
    I would like it if the world was thrown into utter chaos, but the killing and suffering would be indiscriminate.
    ...the only thing I truly like, without reason, is chaos.
  • Tha-Realist
    edited February 2011
    Options
    They are not "demons disguised as locust". The writing is symbolic. John the revelator was describing what he saw the best way he knew how to. Their description is given in Revelation 9:7-10. These demons will torment men for 5 months, but they will not ? men. John says that they hurt like a scorpion does. Scorpion stings are extremely painful, but they are not fatal. These demons will do the same to mankind during the last days. But their stings will be extremely painful, so much so that men will seek to die, but death will flea from them. In other words, men will try to commit suicide but can't. How awful it will be for those who are still alive during that time period.

... Some scorpion species do have fatal stings, and Locusts don't sting at all... This book you're quoting / living your sheltered life by is very inaccurate. Lol @ tha bolded. You just don't have any grasp on reality do you?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ... Some scorpion species do have fatal stings, and Locusts don't sting at all... This book you're quoting / living your sheltered life by is very inaccurate. Lol @ tha bolded. You just don't have any grasp on reality do you?

The reality of whats coming is more real than the words your reading right now. Believe that my friend. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The reality of whats coming is more real than the words your reading right now. Believe that my friend. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today?

Lol at reality. You should read more varied books. This Jesus story got you going. I heard vampires just want to be loved and wizards all carry wands.
  • Tha-Realist
    edited February 2011
    Options

That doesn't address tha fact that your Jesus & pals book is very inaccurate... If it's that far off on basic knowledge why would I believe "The reality of whats coming is more real than the words your reading right now" just because you believe a fairy tale said it would happen??? And to answer your question : no, Being trapped in "heaven" for eternity with a bunch of idiotic, delusional, Jesus Juice sippin people like you would be worse than tha churches scare tactic aka "hell".
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I believe the bible is ? and have not seen anything to say anything different.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Whatever this guy was smoking, it had to be good. What he describes in his words is what he knew at that time. There is no demons that will torment for 5 months. It's impossible NOT to die. "Death will flee from them..." really? So death is something like "Final Destination"? We only die because death is out to get us, but when we search for it here in the "end times" it will flee because it's "not ready"? That's what it sounds like. But I guarantee you can find death, if this was to happen. If someone was to blow their head off, trust they're dead. If someone was to jump off a 100 story building, trust they're dead. If someone cuts another's head off, due to them asking for this, trust they're dead. Death will NOT flee anyone, death is inevitable in every shape and form. Our bodies are very fragile. Death cannot "flee" anyone/thing.

Also, you stated scorpions aren't deadly. In fact they are deadly, and it may be only a few but you stated a wrong fact.

Also, if we are to fight "demons", they're more than likely MEN. In which we can simply ? ourselves. Hollywood movies make it seem like when people get rounded up like cattle, they won't fight back. A look at other countries in reality tells a different story.

Also, you stated 2 astroids will strike, but only in waters. One of them will turn our waters, "blood red"? In that case it will be "red tide", which does ? marine life and anyone who drinks that water. It's red tide, not blood.

Why would an astroid cause the waters to turn to red tide though? That's what doesn't make sense. It would also cause a great tsunami, which seems to be left out of this situation. Well, actually it depends where and how big it is. Then your second one will hit the great rivers? Whatever bro lol

Whatever helps you sleep at night...