Kanye West is much better than Jay-Z OVERALL.

Options
Tree Fiddy
Tree Fiddy Members Posts: 1,294
edited February 2011 in The Face Off Forum
Production wise - Kanye is top 3 ever
Rap wise - Kanye is top 3 presently
Originality - Kanye is #1 presently and ever

It's okay, you can be a Kanye stan. OVERALL talent-wise, Jay ain't got ? on him. And neither does Eminem.

Comments

• Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I should've named this thread "Kanye Is The Best Hip Hop Artist Of All Time"
  • Calii Comfort
    Calii Comfort Members Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    errrrmm shock thread?
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    errrrmm shock thread?

You just shocked at the realness.
  • Calii Comfort
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i'll give you the production thats about it .
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kanye is behind Jay-Z lyrically and as far as originality goes, that's subjective. What's your point anyway?
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hes always been dope as a producer. Lyrically, he still got some catching up to do. But nobody is ? with his creativity. I cant think of an MC that can produce was well as he has and was still a viable artist. Meaning he is in high demand for both his qualities. He could be not just a great producer, but a great artist when its all said and done.
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    jay-z would lyrically rap circles around kanye west and not mention he has a better discography then kanye
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I kinda want to know who he compares to in terms of being a good lyricist and producer combo......nobody really. Scarface comes to mind, but he was never in high demand as a producer
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kanye is behind Jay-Z lyrically and as far as originality goes, that's subjective. What's your point anyway?

Good question!

Nah for real I totally ? up the presentation of this thread and thought.

What I'm really trying to say is that Kanye is on some other ? that has never been replicated, even by his 'big brother'.

I've been up on Kanye since 10 years ago, and I'm just proud of him, that's all.
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    juelz21 wrote: »
    jay-z would lyrically rap circles around kanye west and not mention he has a better discography then kanye

True, but can jay make a beat like kanye...no which overall makes him more versatile
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As an all around artist Kanye > Jay. But only cuz his beats are ill and his raps are ill.

But straight spittin? Jigga got him beat.
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    I kinda want to know who he compares to in terms of being a good lyricist and producer combo......nobody really. Scarface comes to mind, but he was never in high demand as a producer

Exactly!

Kanye did and is doing ? that nobody has ever done before - he's EXTREMELY talented at the MAIN focus points of this game.
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    With that said nobody is really ? with Kanye in that rapper producer combo...Eric sermon???
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    As an all around artist Kanye > Jay. But only cuz his beats are ill and his raps are ill.

But straight spittin? Jigga got him beat.

Agreed, and I hope everybody realizes this.

I'm just saying OVERALL, Kanye is the most talented.
  • son of 1973
    son of 1973 Members Posts: 769
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you might mean ye better than jay now. overall thats rewriting history. i dont like ye voice like that, but he is creative lyrically. production of course he got jay. but ye got nice rappin like what 05......jay ran clubs 98-03 and and made hits till 2010. ye got a way to go to ? with that imo.....best hip hop artist of all time? i dont know about that, other ? have had better mic presence and energy (dmx, nas, 3000, ghost, big, pac, a lot of others.....)
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? , I give Jay-Z props for giving Kanye the platform to shine.

Can you imagine if Birdman was the one who gave Ye his chance?
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    But Jay-z needs Kanye. A just blaze. Kanye doesnt need to pay any producer. He can rap on his own ?

Hell, everyones top 5 couldnt do an album alone..kanye could

Kanye = most complete hip hop artist ever?
  • renzoantwan
    renzoantwan Members Posts: 214 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    you might mean ye better than jay now. overall thats rewriting history. i dont like ye voice like that, but he is creative lyrically. production of course he got jay. but ye got nice rappin like what 05......jay ran clubs 98-03 and and made hits till 2010. ye got a way to go to ? with that imo.....best hip hop artist of all time? i dont know about that, other ? have had better mic presence and energy (dmx, nas, 3000, ghost, big, pac, a lot of others.....)

agreed excpet that ye isnt better than jay. I just start listening to jay before the black albume(that when i got on him), i'm really recognize the work he has put in. Ye cold and been my ? since he dropped, but jay is top 5 doa!
  • Tree Fiddy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Put it this way.

Compare the MUSICAL talent of 50 Cent and Kanye West.

Kanye absolutely DESTROYS 50 in every, way, shape, and form. And 50 is a hip hop legend.
  • bigrizz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I always liked havoc as a producer, and he ended up outshining P a few times. He just hasnt had the commerical success kanye has
  • Calii Comfort
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I always liked havoc as a producer, and he ended up outshining P a few times. He just hasnt had the commerical success kanye has

yeah the infamous is one my fav albums beat wise
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    nah he really isnt jay hasn't never really fallen off and kanye is looking like he on a down turn. No way Ross and Nicki Minaj should be outshining you on tracks.
  • L.P. Royal Flush
    L.P. Royal Flush Members Posts: 770
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Overall Kanye is no where in the league as Jay lyrically, nor will he ever be...I see people put production on there but Jay doesn't make beats at all so how can you say that? Kanye is a very creative dude, but his album are not great at all...argubly Jay has atleast 4 classics.. Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, Black Album, American Gangster...I would go out and say 5...IMO Kingdom Come was a great album, some didn't like it because it was more mature than his other albums....how many albums has Kanye made that is lyrically better than the albums I just named?
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kanye has been an overall better artist than Jay Z for a minute now even when his production is taken out of the equation. Kanye has been a better songwriter and has made better albums than Jay Z since Jay came out of retirement. American Gangster is the only post-retirement Jay album on par with Kanye's albums. I would say he's been a bigger star than Jay, but BP3 did better than MBDTF is doing even though Kanye's album is better. Jay Z is the overall better rapper due to flow, delivery and lyrics. Kanye is no slouch either though. He's actually a better lyricist than most would give him credit for.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    But Jay-z needs Kanye. A just blaze. Kanye doesnt need to pay any producer. He can rap on his own ?

Hell, everyones top 5 couldnt do an album alone..kanye could

Kanye = most complete hip hop artist ever?

Both members of OutKast, Lauryn Hill, and Cee Lo Green are more complete than Kanye.