Viva La Revolution

Options
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2011 in The Social Lounge
The power is in the peoples hands not the powers that be!
With the revolution in Egypt will other countries follow suit? What a hell of a way to start 2011!

Comments

• C-LOS G
    C-LOS G Members Posts: 198
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well they did it. Congrats, good luck, and ? bless to the people of Egypt. Please just don't elect Jihad crazies to lead yall next, as it will have TOTALLY made this hard fought revolution by yall FOR NOTHIN.

By PAUL SCHEMM and MAGGIE MICHAEL, Associated Press Paul Schemm And Maggie Michael, Associated Press – 12 mins ago

CAIRO – Egypt exploded with joy, tears, and relief after pro-democracy protesters brought down President Hosni Mubarak with a momentous march on his palaces and state TV. Mubarak, who until the end seemed unable to grasp the depth of resentment over his three decades of authoritarian rule, finally resigned Friday and handed power to the military.

"The people ousted the regime," rang out chants from crowds of hundreds of thousands massed in Cairo's central Tahrir Square and outside Mubarak's main palace several miles away in a northern district of the capital.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ml_egypt
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Now let's hope things don't get all Robespierre-y.
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Now let's hope things don't get all Robespierre-y.

are you kidding?

thats my favorite part!
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    are you kidding?

thats my favorite part!

lol

its only fun when Robespierre ironically gets guillotined face up in the end
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I need a "RIP ROBESPIERRE" t-shirt
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The pieces continue to fall into place. Are you ready for whats coming?
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Y'all really gotta read between the lines on this...

From the New York Times:

His departure leaves the military in charge of this nation of 80 million, facing insistent calls for fundamental democratic change and open elections. The military, which has repeatedly promised to respond to the demands of protesters, has little recent experience in directly governing the country. It will have to defuse demonstrations and strikes that have paralyzed the economy and left many of the country’s institutions, including state news media and the security forces, in shambles.

Shortly before the announcement of Mr. Mubarak’s departure, the military issued a communiqué pledging to carry out a variety of constitutional reforms in a statement remarkable for its commanding tone. The military’s statement alluded to the delegation of power to Mr. Suleiman and it suggested that the military would supervise implementation of the reforms.

The military did not indicate whether it intended to take the kinds of fundamental steps toward democracy that protesters have been demanding
    . This was the second direct statement from the military in two days, and it largely stuck to the main constitutional and electoral reforms that Mr. Mubarak and Mr. Suleiman had promised to implement. It was not immediately clear whether Mr. Suleiman would retain a role, under the military council, in running the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/12/world/middleeast/12egypt.html?_r=1&hp
  • KTULU IS BACK
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It was cool in Turkey.
  • C-LOS G
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i hope the next regime is anti israel

^^Anti-Semite, racist hate/ignorance is a sad thing yall^^

Anyway, logic time by yours truly again: We give the Egyptian military 1.5 BILLION annually. This funding they DESPERATELY need. This will ensure a continuing COLD PEACE tween them and Israel for now, and also ensure the military will likely make sure the next regime is MODERATE and tolerant too.

Innocent lives will be saved, regional peace and stability maintained, and crazy Islamofascists stopped.

Go army lol.
  • SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    C-LOS G wrote: »
    ^^Anti-Semite, racist hate/ignorance is a sad thing yall^^

Anyway, logic time by yours truly again: We give the Egyptian military 1.5 BILLION annually. This funding they DESPERATELY need. This will ensure a continuing COLD PEACE tween them and Israel for now, and also ensure the military will likely make sure the next regime is MODERATE and tolerant too.

Innocent lives will be saved, regional peace and stability maintained, and crazy Islamofascists stopped.

Go army lol.

? ? yourself already.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i am an anti semite because i am not pro israel and her shameful policies to the Palestinian people and always using the holocaust as a crutch, ? please

i lived in that area for a year i know how them folk

you don't have to be an antisemite to be against israel.
  • C-LOS G
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i am an anti semite because i am not pro israel and her shameful policies to the Palestinian people and always using the holocaust as a crutch, ? please

i lived in that area for a year i know how them folk

LOL like Ima believe ANYTHING that comes outta ur racist ass mouth. I can post @ least 3 vids, varied proof making u look like an ignorant ass, SHOWING HAMAS USING KIDS AS HUMAN SHIELDS, ARABS SUPPORTING ISRAEL, HAMAS ADMITTING IT USES HUMAN SHIELDS, ETC.

I was also Jewish till I was 16, and I kno I kno em better than u. So how bout U please, and wake up.
  • C-LOS G
    edited February 2011
    Options
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    ? ? yourself already.

LOL troll much? Run along kid.
  • C-LOS G
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ..........? it I'm goin in:

PROOF of Palestinian/Arab/Muslim HYPOCRISY in accusing democratic, tolerant Israel of 'war crimes':
    LOL I know I know, I'm as good lookin as I am smart, which is JUST TOOO DAAAYUM much. LOL when yall PUT UP like this with righteous knowledge and facts, THEN yall can say the same.
  • Jonas.dini
    Jonas.dini Confirm Email Posts: 2,507 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Good for them, of course now it will just be a continuation of the military dictatorship in the short term, but this was a good step in the right direction.
  • SoutCity
    edited February 2011
    Options
    LOL troll much? Run along kid.

? you been here less than an ? month and you talking about troll much. ? out here ole ? in the ? ? . So just because people don't like Them wicked ass jews in IsraHELL that makes them antisemitic. What make IsraHELL better than Humas? because the ? and moan about everything and still talk about the holocaust.
  • SoutCity
    edited February 2011
    Options

PROOF of Palestinian/Arab/Muslim HYPOCRISY in accusing democratic, tolerant Israel of 'war crimes':
    LOL I know I know, I'm as good lookin as I am smart, which is JUST TOOO DAAAYUM much. LOL when yall PUT UP like this with righteous knowledge and facts, THEN yall can say the same.

Them videos don't mean ? . I wonder if he would say that after they take his land.
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jonas.dini wrote: »
    Good for them, of course now it will just be a continuation of the military dictatorship in the short term, but this was a good step in the right direction.

c/s...........
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Its a great day for Egypt and amazing to see on this end.. Hopefully this new found freedom will flourish

Power to the people..
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited February 2011
    Options
    America is pro Isreal, and we were quite good buddies with Egypt, which they eliminated the corrupt government. Where will they stand on Isreal, and what pray tell to they think of a corrupted mans buddies. Birds of a feather are often shot with the same shotgun blast
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i hope the next regime is anti israel

Israel's evil apartheid policies is basically BEGGING the next regime in Egypt to be anti-Israel. Let's hope Israel's leaders understand this and stop treating its Arab neighbors like trash.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2011
    Options

How how many homes and land has Hamas stolen from Israel lately? Hamas is not an innocent organization but let's be real, Israel is a terrorist nation that supports apartheid and evil. Shame on you for supporting oppression and the massive crimes against humanity Israel is committing every day.
  • kingblaze84
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks C Loss G looks like this?

4226778566833202.JPG?0.6792006075348128

I see a close resemblance personally.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As an anarchist myself, I personally love the current uprising going on in Egypt. (even though it's of the popular strain). My only gripe however is the power being shifted to the military. Which was one of my biggest fears from the start. Still interesting to see people come together for a common cause though
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yall ? ranting about israel are funny. u dont get it..i live there. u couldnt talk that ? over there. u would dissapear into the mountains never to be seen. and guess what....them palestinians would ? you up too. they dont give a ? about u so get off their ? .