What if, Satan, The Fallen Angel, Devil...

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Was indeed ? , and we were somehow led to believe that Satan, was infact the '? ' in religious texts? I mean sure there are certain rules or guidelines in the books to keep us on the straight and narrow, but ALOT that we seem to question and just can't follow blindly.. we some sort of issue with things that are in the books, and just doesn't add up at times...

And we are being minslead bigtime into thinking that the Satan as we know him, is bad, but mistakenly is ? .. like a switch was done, and why we constantly f*cked, to put it mildly..

Comments

• Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What if the Grinch was really Santa?
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You need to fall back off tha weed for a few hours man... That's some real stonerish thoughts right there. I would know.
  • Justa Phella
    Justa Phella Members Posts: 315
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what if Chuck Norris was Oprah
  • KLICHE
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You need to fall back off tha weed for a few hours man... That's some real stonerish thoughts right there. I would know.

LMAO!!! ? man I was laughing out loud for least 10seconds after reading this reply! lol

Hey I don't even smoke weed... i can drink.. and rink in excess... but sober. and was just a random thought. Peace! :)
  • KLICHE
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What if the Grinch was really Santa?

LOL! na man
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    . .
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, I think the Devil is a pretty cool guy. Supposedly, he's killed way less people than "? ", he gives people what they want, and he encourages people to be themselves.

Plus, eh fights "? " in the future and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well if the religion was true in all honesty this seems the most logical answer to me.

Kills less, makes people happy, stops suffering. Satan seems like the guy that just cools back, rolls up a joint throws on some Marley and starts throwing stacks around to the homeless. Plus the bible does say that Satan is the greatest deceiver, and what is the greatest deception that one could pull? Making yourself seem like ? while lowering the status of who is ? . ? if you read the bible it seems ? has more characteristics of a fallen angel than Satan does. Jealous (sounds to me like someone who wants to be recognized as ? a little too much), killing people, natural disasters, allowing parts of the world to be dry deserts where people born there cannot make a life from it. Being that Satan's "evil" can overpower ? 's "good" that shows Satan would house more power than a ? .
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well if the religion was true in all honesty this seems the most logical answer to me.

Kills less, makes people happy, stops suffering. Satan seems like the guy that just cools back, rolls up a joint throws on some Marley and starts throwing stacks around to the homeless. Plus the bible does say that Satan is the greatest deceiver, and what is the greatest deception that one could pull? Making yourself seem like ? while lowering the status of who is ? . ? if you read the bible it seems ? has more characteristics of a fallen angel than Satan does. Jealous (sounds to me like someone who wants to be recognized as ? a little too much), killing people, natural disasters, allowing parts of the world to be dry deserts where people born there cannot make a life from it. Being that Satan's "evil" can overpower ? 's "good" that shows Satan would house more power than a ? .

Interesting isn't it? Many would find that to be a shock indeed. Satan is like that orgy of evidence you see at crimes scenes when a guy is getting framed. All the while, the ? that's framing him is the one putting on the act.

LOL now that is something to "pause" about.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

Yeah, what I was think.

Kinda odd how rebelling against someone, convincing some people to eat some "forbidden fruit", and convincing people to live it up are all deemed to be more evil than having kids killed by bears just for making fun of someone, killing off most of the worlds population in a flood, and several other things.

Apparently the greatest evil one can commit is to rebel against ? , or want to be ? .
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

? are willfully ignorant. ..i keep saying the word "satan" is not a name and the devil is just hades rebooted for hellenist jews.? the bible details mans DESCENT from a certain state of perfection and gradient instructions relative to the ascension process. child molesters, cultures and people who did human sacrifice to appease their national gods, ? , and people like the ? moses saw beating down the hebrew dude deserve to get murked. less problems in the long run. you ? say there is no ? because u have a picture in ur mind of what ity should be. since it dont fit that then u say it aint real or some other fringe ? like this thread based on a false premise.

and as far as natural disasters have u maybe considered that there are forces in nature that protect the earth from harm? the more people ? up the earth and misuse it the more ? happens. the creator sets natural and spiritual laws forth. its on u to navigate right.

as far as the jealous ? thing go, quit being a smarmy little ? about it and recognize the cultural context. what other modes of worship were going on at that time? what were some of the things that baal worshippers (for instance) did? if u not going to relatavize ? like that u just talking empthy ? . and if ure wrong (which u are) best believe the spiritual realm and the realities of how it shapes the physical realm will be made manifest to u.

but anyway..
    point blank, "the" devil doesnt exist. there are malevolent entitities yes....but people become "ha satahn" (an adversary) by virtue of their actions
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    1.if there was a ? i think it would be obvious to everyone
    2.? kills more people than the devil in the bible
    3.ofcourse people have a preconcieved idea of what ? is because ? is a preconcieved idea
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    1.if there was a ? i think it would be obvious to everyone
    2.? kills more people than the devil in the bible

1.) what makes what u postulate significant? have you and people like u ever considered that maybe A DEFIECIENCY OF YOURS prevents the Most High's existence from being obvious to you?
    2.) who got killed? and why? not your opinion, just the context of whats written.

3.) there is no devil.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    1.) what makes what u postulate significant? have you and people like u ever considered that maybe A DEFIECIENCY OF YOURS prevents the Most High's existence from being obvious to you?
    2.) who got killed? and why? not your opinion, just the context of whats written.

3.) there is no devil.

who created that deficientcy?free will and ? cannot co-exist
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    3.) there is no devil.

So basically what you're sayin is that "the devil/Satan" is jus a metaphor in the bible..... your average Christian believes him to be an actual person, when really "he" is jus a metaphor for the temptation and evil that lives inside of all mankind

you have to overcome Satan to get closer to ? = you have to resist temptation to sin in order to become closer to ?

am I correct?
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So basically what you're sayin is that "the devil/Satan" is jus a metaphor in the bible..... your average Christian believes him to be an actual person, when really "he" is jus a metaphor for the temptation and evil that lives inside of all mankind

you have to overcome Satan to get closer to ? = you have to resist temptation to sin in order to become closer to ?

am I correct?

basically. satan is an adversarial mind state. the knowledge of good and evil is a dualistic mind. a holistic mind is holy. this is my understanding from my knowledge of Hebrew. that devil character stuff is a new testament Hellenist fabrication. like i sais, there are a such things as malevolent multi-dimensional entities but people give them too much credit.
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    who created that deficientcy?free will and ? cannot co-exist

lol..says who? u? what credentials do u have to make such an assertion?
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol..says who? u? what credentials do u have to make such an assertion?

of course me yes i say it.what credentials do i need?you assert a ? but have no evidence or proof whatsoever so first prove this ? exist and tell me you definition.oh you have no definition so you can say what ever you want and call it ? . actually prove any ? exists and what you consider free will then we will go from there
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    of course me yes i say it.what credentials do i need?you assert a ? but have no evidence or proof whatsoever so first prove this ? exist actually prove any ? exists and we will go from there.

what ? do you speak of?what is a ? ? do u know? ? u need to reference ya little atheist starter kit and realize that everybody who recognizes the existence of a Creator behind All is not a christian, so therefore arguing with them on those terms is idiotic and makes you look dumb as hell. i dont assert a ? . YHWH asserts itself. the proof is all around you. the order of the material realm in the microcosm and the macrocosm for starters. you choose not to interpret the data available in that manner because of your presuppositions. that doesnt mean it is not proof.

so now that weve gotten past you answering my question with a question...where do you get the notion that ? and free will cant co-exist? where did u get that from? what do u define as "? " ? what do u define as "free will"? u asking for proof on something very vast- the existence of "? " (as you say). im asking for proof on something much more minute. proof that you know enough of what the ? youre talking about to even be a legitimate participant in a debate. seems to me like u dont know what the ? youre talking about enough to make an intelligent point on behalf of your viewpoint.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what ? do you speak of?what is a ? ? do u know? ? u need to reference ya little atheist starter kit and realize that everybody who recognizes the existence of a Creator behind All is not a christian, so therefore arguing with them on those terms is idiotic and makes you look dumb as hell. i dont assert a ? . YHWH asserts itself. the proof is all around you. the order of the material realm in the microcosm and the macrocosm for starters. you choose not to interpret the data available in that manner because of your presuppositions. that doesnt mean it is not proof.

so now that weve gotten past you answering my question with a question...where do you get the notion that ? and free will cant co-exist? where did u get that from? what do u define as "? " ? what do u define as "free will"? u asking for proof on something very vast- the existence of "? " (as you say). im asking for proof on something much more minute. proof that you know enough of what the ? youre talking about to even be a legitimate participant in a debate. seems to me like u dont know what the ? youre talking about enough to make an intelligent point on behalf of your viewpoint.

i answered a question with a question cause i know your gonna go on a spiel of the hebrew codice and other ? about how i dont have the 'real' knowledge of what im saying.plus if the proof of the existence of ? is so vast it should be easy to provide evidence and proof.
    like i thought you havent defined anything but empty talk
  • judahxulu
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i answered a question with a question cause i know your gonna go on a spiel of the hebrew codice and other ? about how i dont have the 'real' knowledge of what im saying.plus if the proof of the existence of ? is so vast it should be easy to provide evidence and proof.
    like i thought you havent defined anything but empty talk

+
    i gave u proof. the earth. the universe and the perfect order and specific calibrations of it are proof. prove that its just random.

and quit hating cause u dont study. ure a little deceptive intellectual coward. u go on illogical atheists rants going at the bible (when theres tons of books other than that about ? or gods). i happen to have specialized knowledge on the source material of that particular book. how the ? is u minimizing that? my hebrew codice spiel? ? facts are facts. if u make claims about something specific and u have no knowledge of it the u should have some integrity about yourself and learn something new ? . either that or stay out of threads that deal with biblical topics because you obviously have a case of dedicated ignorance.
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    +
    i gave u proof. the earth. the universe and the perfect order and specific calibrations of it are proof. prove that its just random.

and quit hating cause u dont study. ure a little deceptive intellectual coward. u go on illogical atheists rants going at the bible (when theres tons of books other than that about ? or gods). i happen to have specialized knowledge on the source material of that particular book. how the ? is u minimizing that? my hebrew codice spiel? ? facts are facts. if u make claims about something specific and u have no knowledge of it the u should have some integrity about yourself and learn something new ? . either that or stay out of threads that deal with biblical topics because you obviously have a case of dedicated ignorance.

oh the irony!!
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yall keep sayin ? kills more ppl than the devil when the bible clearly states that death is a direct result of sin. the devil promotes sin such as those things that make ya feel great such as chillin back wit a blunt, a ? n a drink, puttin money and/or anything before ? , as long as He is far from ur big picture and ideal life. the world is so secular and material that yall sit back n say....well how am i sinnin? i aint doin ? but chillin n gettin ? up! i aint hurtin nobody! cuz, satan bein the deceiver he is, successfully portrays these things as the norm. aint it ? up how ppl get clowned more often for doin the right thing than doin wrong? remember, we dont deserve ? 's grace, which is exactly why its called 'grace', jus cuz u do good deeds n help ppl dont mean u livin right in ? 's eyes. U gotta be doin it in His name, not to make yours sound better.
  • moongodthoth
    moongodthoth Members Posts: 76
    edited February 2011
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Was indeed ? , and we were somehow led to believe that Satan, was infact the '? ' in religious texts? I mean sure there are certain rules or guidelines in the books to keep us on the straight and narrow, but ALOT that we seem to question and just can't follow blindly.. we some sort of issue with things that are in the books, and just doesn't add up at times...

And we are being minslead bigtime into thinking that the Satan as we know him, is bad, but mistakenly is ? .. like a switch was done, and why we constantly f*cked, to put it mildly..
    As far as the Bible tells, Satan did nothing but rebel against the angry, paranoid, megalomaniac ? in the Bible. You have to be brainwashed to not realize the ? in the Bible was the real tyrant. I'm still trying to figure out what Satan did besides not wanting to put up with ? 's ? . Meanwhile you have ? wiping out the entire earth, wiping out cities, and cursing man and mostly women for eating a fruit.

Also apparently ? saw that man was bonding together and were intelligent so he gave man different languages so they would fight amongst each other because ? was insecure about man becoming as Gods. That doesn't sound like a ? to me.

The root of the word Satan means nothing more than op-poser. So if there is a group of Republicans and a Democrat is amongst them, they would call him Satan back in the day in certain areas.

As far as Satan being ? , I don't believe that. I do believe Satan isn't what most brainwashed sheep believe he is. I think he is greatly misunderstood and was trying to liberate man from ? . That's what the story of Adam and Eve seems to imply to me. ? wanted to keep man ignorant, and Satan convinced them it's okay to think for themselves.

IMO, ? is another word for nature, or the universe. That which constantly creates. So I don't believe ? or Satan are Gods. And if you read the original scriptures, ? is plural, which would imply a race. Extraterrestrials? I think it's possible. I also believe Satan belonged to an opposing race of the supposed ? 's that created man.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yall keep sayin ? kills more ppl than the devil when the bible clearly states that death is a direct result of sin. the devil promotes sin such as those things that make ya feel great such as chillin back wit a blunt, a ? n a drink, puttin money and/or anything before ? , as long as He is far from ur big picture and ideal life. the world is so secular and material that yall sit back n say....well how am i sinnin? i aint doin ? but chillin n gettin ? up! i aint hurtin nobody! cuz, satan bein the deceiver he is, successfully portrays these things as the norm. aint it ? up how ppl get clowned more often for doin the right thing than doin wrong? remember, we dont deserve ? 's grace, which is exactly why its called 'grace', jus cuz u do good deeds n help ppl dont mean u livin right in ? 's eyes. U gotta be doin it in His name, not to make yours sound better.

Hells yea!!!!!!!! A new born baby dying a second after popping out the ? is because of his sins!
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    As far as the Bible tells, Satan did nothing but rebel against the angry, paranoid, megalomaniac ? in the Bible. You have to be brainwashed to not realize the ? in the Bible was the real tyrant. I'm still trying to figure out what Satan did besides not wanting to put up with ? 's ? . Meanwhile you have ? wiping out the entire earth, wiping out cities, and cursing man and mostly women for eating a fruit.

Also apparently ? saw that man was bonding together and were intelligent so he gave man different languages so they would fight amongst each other because ? was insecure about man becoming as Gods. That doesn't sound like a ? to me.

The root of the word Satan means nothing more than op-poser. So if there is a group of Republicans and a Democrat is amongst them, they would call him Satan back in the day in certain areas.

As far as Satan being ? , I don't believe that. I do believe Satan isn't what most brainwashed sheep believe he is. I think he is greatly misunderstood and was trying to liberate man from ? . That's what the story of Adam and Eve seems to imply to me. ? wanted to keep man ignorant, and Satan convinced them it's okay to think for themselves.

IMO, ? is another word for nature, or the universe. That which constantly creates. So I don't believe ? or Satan are Gods. And if you read the original scriptures, ? is plural, which would imply a race. Extraterrestrials? I think it's possible. I also believe Satan belonged to an opposing race of the supposed ? 's that created man.

now i gotta say i used to think the same about the arguments u make, i had these same thoughts sumtime in my life and it seems to make a lot of sense. but the truth is, if we all repented and no one ever sinned a day in their life since the beginning of existence, there would never be disease, death, hate, or any negativity. life would be paradise as it was for adam and eve. they walked around naked with no shame in the bodies ? gave them, they would never starve, die, or be without anything of necessity. because of satan, we cannot live this way. we have aids, ? , fatherless children, hate, murder, lies, cheating, scams, natural disasters etc so forth.

now u believe what u believe and theres nothing more i can tell u bc i been there n i questioned everything about ? at that time so i know how it feels. but think, any pain or suffering we endure is because of sin, and sin ultimately leads to our death, otherwise we would be in paradise, which is what is promised for those who do repent and live by the will of ? . so perceive ? and His actions as u will, but He tells us in the bible that any other way but to Him thru Jesus will result in death and damnation, this does not mean obeying him will give u a great life, because no matter what we are still sinners and pay the penalty in this life.