Why do poor people seem to be more generous than rich people?

Options
JadaRoss
JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Social Lounge
rich people tend to be more selfish and greedy over heaps of things. You need to have a loving and thoughtful heart to be generous.

Comments

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rich people's "generosity" is probably not toward everyday people. Their "generosity" is probably considered to be their charities and things that bring them additional money, admiration or some other benefit.
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Rich people's "generosity" is probably not toward everyday people. Their "generosity" is probably considered to be their charities and things that bring them additional money, admiration or some other benefit.

but that is wrong

you should give to people who really are in need
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't think this is necessarily true b/c being generous doesn't necessarily mean helping the poorest of the poor. Rich people tend to operate within a network of other people with cake and they do a lot of "generous" favors for each other to keep themselves "on top" so to speak.
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't think this is necessarily true b/c being generous doesn't necessarily mean helping the poorest of the poor. Rich people tend to operate within a network of other people with cake and they do a lot of "generous" favors for each other to keep themselves "on top" so to speak.

but theres people in this world who really need it

the rich helping the rich aint really being generous

youre looking out for yourself not others in general

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both ? and Money." Mathew 6:24

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'"
    -Matthew 25:41-45
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "He who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and he who gives gifts to the rich--both come to poverty."proverbs 22:16

"People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."
    -1 Timothy 6:9-10
  • 7figz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    but theres people in this world who really need it

the rich helping the rich aint really being generous

youre looking out for yourself not others in general

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both ? and Money." Mathew 6:24

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'"
    -Matthew 25:41-45

Guess that's part of why they're rich.
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Guess that's part of why they're rich.

cause when you have more money than others you suppose to share the wealth

a tight fist cant prosper
  • Razah Cutz
    Razah Cutz Members Posts: 800
    edited February 2011
    Options
    theoretical thread topics....
  • 7figz
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    chat roulette is ? as fucl

try tinychat.

that chatroulette ? got some ? lookin MFs
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    rich people tend to be more selfish and greedy over heaps of things. You need to have a loving and thoughtful heart to be generous.

The people will love you if you do for them are the same people that will call you stupid if you let them drag you down.Go ask MC Hammer.

Get money, be loving and have a thoughtful heart and you will be taken advantage of. Then you will learn the lesson or be the mark. When you have money a lot of people around you change and "Expect" more outta you and less outta themselves. Now you can react to that by not being taken advantage of (people will think you think you're "too good") or doing things for people (they will "love" you). In time it's really no in between because once you do something for most people, they turn around and expect it and then be mad at you when you say "no" the next time. Even if the reason they want something from you is stupid they don't understand the gray areas and only see you saying NO when they know you "could" do for them if you "felt" like it.

? is real and in time all the little situations make you harder and less caring because you get tired of peoples ? . After a while you DO start seeing alot of people as lazy because you spent your time and busted your ass to get where you are and have what you have and the next ? just want you to give it away when they aint put in no work. Even family (or especially family falls here).

So yeah, that's why some people die and leave they money to "Feed the Animals" instead of a bunch of people treating they death (and life) like a winning lotto ticket.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    charity and homeless people are wack
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    why ask why? I swear, and this aint no lie: when a homeless person ask me for change when im downtown, i ask then for a quarter. and guess what? they give it to me. and i give them a dollar. i swear. it happens. I feel like a ? because i have a car but i catch the bus to school because i can catch it for free because i teach and im a student so i get a free bus pass. I hate being on the bus because people dont know that i have a car and im just being cheap by taking advantage of the free pass because im at cleveland state.

poor people are striped bare. they are the basic human in the form of a bottom feeder. yall overlook then. yall knock their hustle. i know people. i know hustle mode even tho i aint never reached it, but i have a heart.

a quarter, a dollar, dime, a " sorry man, i aint got it" is better than nothing.

they aint bums, yall the bums.

I once got out my car downtown and almost stepped on some sleeping homeless people and they were scared because i almost stepped on them. That is what changed my attitude about the homeless. that was 11 years ago.

if i aint got it, i aint got it. If i got it, then, can you do something strange for a lil piece of change?

im kidding lol. i give my change and dollars.
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The people will love you if you do for them are the same people that will call you stupid if you let them drag you down.Go ask MC Hammer.

Get money, be loving and have a thoughtful heart and you will be taken advantage of. Then you will learn the lesson or be the mark. When you have money a lot of people around you change and "Expect" more outta you and less outta themselves. Now you can react to that by not being taken advantage of (people will think you think you're "too good") or doing things for people (they will "love" you). In time it's really no in between because once you do something for most people, they turn around and expect it and then be mad at you when you say "no" the next time. Even if the reason they want something from you is stupid they don't understand the gray areas and only see you saying NO when they know you "could" do for them if you "felt" like it.

? is real and in time all the little situations make you harder and less caring because you get tired of peoples ? . After a while you DO start seeing alot of people as lazy because you spent your time and busted your ass to get where you are and have what you have and the next ? just want you to give it away when they aint put in no work. Even family (or especially family falls here).

So yeah, that's why some people die and leave they money to "Feed the Animals" instead of a bunch of people treating they death (and life) like a winning lotto ticket.

it doesnt matter cause they have to answer to ? on judgment day

just help those who cant help themselves then you good

your blessings will come through ? ,not human beings
  • JadaRoss
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Sovo_Nah wrote: »
    why ask why? I swear, and this aint no lie: when a homeless person ask me for change when im downtown, i ask then for a quarter. and guess what? they give it to me. and i give them a dollar. i swear. it happens. I feel like a ? because i have a car but i catch the bus to school because i can catch it for free because i teach and im a student so i get a free bus pass. I hate being on the bus because people dont know that i have a car and im just being cheap by taking advantage of the free pass because im at cleveland state.

poor people are striped bare. they are the basic human in the form of a bottom feeder. yall overlook then. yall knock their hustle. i know people. i know hustle mode even tho i aint never reached it, but i have a heart.

a quarter, a dollar, dime, a " sorry man, i aint got it" is better than nothing.

they aint bums, yall the bums.

I once got out my car downtown and almost stepped on some sleeping homeless people and they were scared because i almost stepped on them. That is what changed my attitude about the homeless. that was 11 years ago.

if i aint got it, i aint got it. If i got it, then, can you do something strange for a lil piece of change?

im kidding lol. i give my change and dollars.

man whatever you can give them...coutns the most with ?

if you can give them a quarter or dollar if you can afford it,youve done alot for them
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    "WHY" are you asking a question if you already have your heart set on (morally) what you believe is the answer in the first place? or that any possible reason why is wrong? Answer that "why"....

You asked "why" and I gave you a perspective why. That's like an rich ? asking the question "why don't poor people just go get a job?" when we all know the answer is so dynamic (and per person) that there is no right answer....You can approach it "morally" and "religeously" but everyone may not share your moral and religious view
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rich people didn't get rich by giving all their money and goods away.
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    poor people don't have enough discipline when it comes to retaining money
    "a fool and his money are soon parted "
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    That's how the rich stay rich. And ? the ? your not morally obligated to help anyone, don't get me wrong and I help family and friends and never expect to see the money back everyone else I can care less about.

"I didn't give a buck to help Haiti but I gave shorty a hundred dollas to feed her baby" Shyheim
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Rich people didn't get rich by giving all their money and goods away.
    motrilla wrote: »
    poor people don't have enough discipline when it comes to retaining money
    "a fool and his money are soon parted "
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    That's how the rich stay rich. And ? the ? your not morally obligated to help anyone, don't get me wrong and I help family and friends and never expect to see the money back everyone else I can care less about.

"I didn't give a buck to help Haiti but I gave shorty a hundred dollas to feed her baby" Shyheim

• Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I was on the bus thursday, and this decent looking Black woman was asking " you got a quarter i can have?" i was on for a while and she was sitting in front of me so i was peeping her steez. she only asked people who made eye contact with her and she kept looking around. but she only asked other black people. she didnt asked the red dot head indians. the ? ass ricans. the a-rab ass muslims. the chinese ass chinks. she only asked the Black People. I had a quarter, but seriously, i didnt feel like reaching in my pocket on a tight bus with my bookbag on my lap. besides, i saw her get 75 cents in 2 minutes so she was cool.
  • faras
    faras Members Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Options
    try tinychat.

that chatroulette ? got some ? lookin MFs

It's true what you're saying about chatroulette! As for the real subject of this thread, I guess it's difficult to know if rich people are less generous, a lot of them are doing charity without saying it, but it's true that when you are rich you don't necessarly realize that there are people who need help. Besides that, if you're poor, you always think that if you're giving someting away you won't become poorer, and you know that maybe other people might need that money, food, etc. even more than you do.