360 Elite RROD

Options
kanggoodie
kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in IllGaming
fml.. man ive had this elite for TWO ? years, and while i was changing a setting inside the 360, it ? up on the reboot... now one thing i can say about my PS3.. that ? aint gone stop workin.. EVER!!! and i got that fat boy one too.... (let the flaming commence)

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Loss...............
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and to add to that... i thought they said the elite's were "less likely to get the red ring of death"
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    just buy a new one, they cheap as ? anyways.
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Generic wrote: »
    just buy a new one, they cheap as ? anyways.

i did.. but thats not the point... the point is them ? was supposed to fixed the RROD ? after the first batch came out... you dont see ? talkin bout PS3's broke and ? ... (unless they was tryin to do some hackin type ? )
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    and to add to that... i thought they said the elite's were "less likely to get the red ring of death"

Keyword "less likely," not impossible lol. My ? had two red lights when I turned it on and I hadn't even been playing it. It was a false alarm though.
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i did.. but thats not the point... the point is them ? was supposed to fixed the RROD ? after the first batch came out... you dont see ? talkin bout PS3's broke and ? ... (unless they was tryin to do some hackin type ? )

know plenty of people, that got that yellow light of death ? on their ps3s.(the fat ones)
    Just depends on how much people be playing I guess.
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the original 60 gb PS3's had a little YLOD problem it was prolly only around 4% of them after a few years

The original 40 gb had BD drive problems, the drive would die after like 1.5 years it wasnt that widespread though. It happened to my 40 gb
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    the original 60 gb PS3's had a little YLOD problem it was prolly only around 4% of them after a few years

The original 40 gb had BD drive problems, the drive would die after like 1.5 years it wasnt that widespread though. It happened to my 40 gb

ok.. thanks for droppin that knowledge... i prolly would ? myself if they both died around the same time... i aint tryna spend another 300 on a slim ps3
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Keyword "less likely," not impossible lol. My ? had two red lights when I turned it on and I hadn't even been playing it. It was a false alarm though.

naw straight three ring bro......
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yet u still went out n bought another 1.

? get dumber by the year
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    fml.. man ive had this elite for TWO ? years, and while i was changing a setting inside the 360, it ? up on the reboot... now one thing i can say about my PS3.. that ? aint gone stop workin.. EVER!!! and i got that fat boy one too.... (let the flaming commence)

smh.gif
  • Bcotton5
    edited February 2011
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    smh.gif

lol didnt yours break on you?
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol didnt yours break on you?

Yep......80Gb BC Launch model
  • DaFifthElement
    DaFifthElement Members Posts: 4,764 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ouch.............
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    what surprises me is that YOU are surprised
  • BIGC129
    BIGC129 Members Posts: 635
    edited February 2011
    Options

ya well im looking at a broke ass ps 3 as we speak so ? can mess up and my cuz took a ? on him only after a year so there not totally perfect
  • -Karl-
    -Karl- Members Posts: 2,196 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We havnt had one of these threads in a while. We beeen due one for a while.
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    yet u still went out n bought another 1.

? get dumber by the year

bro.. ive always said... when it comes to playing games, imma always lean towards xbox... only things i cop on PS3 is exclusives.... besides, my GS is too high for that ish...
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Yep......80Gb BC Launch model

well let me knock on wood.. cause mine aint broke yet, and ive had it just as long as i had the elite.. and the elite lost that battle.. but then again.. i only watch movies on the ps3.. and play exclusives....
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    well let me knock on wood.. cause mine aint broke yet, and ive had it just as long as i had the elite.. and the elite lost that battle.. but then again.. i only watch movies on the ps3.. and play exclusives....

Can't complain, I had it for 3 years and used it daily (games and movies). Sucks though because my fat PS2 that I bought on launch is still hooked up and working ten years later.

Better than my 360's - lost two within 3 months.
  • -Karl-
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I don't see why you all don't just get them fixed for free.
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    I don't see why you all don't just get them fixed for free.

Because of my location. We don't have an authorised MS or Sony dealer here so the cost of shipping them back to the US (where they were bought) and back here is on us and that can run over the cost of buying a new one. Prefer to just get a brand new one from a local shop. Besides shipping, we also have to pay customs duties, so everything is like double the cost you guys pay.
  • -Karl-
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Because of my location. We don't have an authorised MS or Sony dealer here so the cost of shipping them back to the US (where they were bought) and back here is on us and that can run over the cost of buying a new one. Prefer to just get a brand new one from a local shop. Besides shipping, we also have to pay customs duties, so everything is like double the cost you guys pay.

Damn!!

I have to ship to europe some where. Maybe Germany or Holland. It's free too.
  • joshuaboy
    edited February 2011
    Options
    -Karl- wrote: »
    Damn!!

I have to ship to europe some where. Maybe Germany or Holland. It's free too.

We're not so lucky around here.

All we have is marijuana and beaches.
  • kanggoodie
    edited February 2011
    Options
    We're not so lucky around here.

All we have is marijuana and beaches.

where you at joshuaboy? im in kuwait, but imma send my ? off to microsoft when i get back...