So that professor lady shot 3 colleagues with a legal gun, Janklow

Options
BOSS KTULU
BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Social Lounge
Can we propose new restrictions on gun ownership now that it's obvious the easy availability of firearms is a problem?

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What do you have in mind in terms of "new restrictions"?
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    What do you have in mind in terms of "new restrictions"?

outlawing gun shows

outlawing the sale of firearms between persons not licensed to run a gun store

outlawing guns, eventually
  • shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    outlawing guns will only endanger citizens who carry them to protect themselves from criminals who will always find ways to illegally carry one......
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's what I've been saying since I've eKnown Janklow. He's clearly the cause of all our gun problems in the U.S. SMH
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    shadb33 wrote: »
    outlawing guns will only endanger citizens who carry them to protect themselves from criminals who will always find ways to illegally carry one......

almost all gun crimes are committed with legal guns that were stolen from those citizens

the great legal proliferation of guns is why criminals are able to find them so easily
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Only the military & Law Enforcement should possess firearms, is that what your saying should happen or will happen??
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Only the military & Law Enforcement should possess firearms, is that what your saying should happen or will happen??

works for other countries
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BOSS KTULU wrote: »
    Can we propose new restrictions on gun ownership now that it's obvious the easy availability of firearms is a problem?
    i'm pretty sure the problem is a) crazy people and b) people not being able to shoot back

also, i am pretty sure this woman was a liberal from New England. therefore, this is likely a conspiracy to frame responsible gun owners
    outlawing gun shows
    eh, no one ? about gun shows even understands gun shows
    works for other countries
    might as well go after the whole Bill of Rights while you're at it, right?
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure the problem is a) crazy people and b) people not being able to shoot back

also, i am pretty sure this woman was a liberal from New England. therefore, this is likely a conspiracy to frame responsible gun owners

Might as well ? was written 250 years ago. They thought a chair that swiveled was the great invention ever.
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited February 2010
    Options

gun is just a tool. If that ? really wanted them dead(obviously) she would've used another tool if not a gun. Getting rid of the gun does nothing.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    A. other countries with stricter gun laws have crazy people but they can't shoot anybody

B. i guarantee, based on flawless logic, that if everybody carried a gun, more people would get shot, not fewer
    I used to go to gun shows and buy guns, but I got tired of all the sales pitches for ? memorabilia.
    hurf durf slippery slope

gun is just a tool. If that ? really wanted them dead(obviously) she would've used another tool if not a gun. Getting rid of the gun does nothing.
    If she tried to swing a shovel at three people, nobody would be dead. A gun's not a tool, a gun's a weapon.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    outlawing gun shows

outlawing the sale of firearms between persons not licensed to run a gun store

outlawing guns, eventually

hahahahahahahahaha. Good luck wit dat.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Might as well ? was written 250 years ago. They thought a chair that swiveled was the great invention ever.

? da 13th Amendment, I wanna be able to buy ? .
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so since i can go get in the whip right now & run over anyone i see.. everyone else should suffer a loss of rights as a result?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so since i can go get in the whip right now & run over anyone i see.. Everyone else should suffer a loss of rights as a result?

yes

• Niccolò Rossi
    Niccolò Rossi Members Posts: 31
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A. other countries with stricter gun laws have crazy people but they can't shoot anybody

B. i guarantee, based on flawless logic, that if everybody carried a gun, more people would get shot, not fewer

Wrong. There is no direct relationship between gun ownership and gun crime. Some facts...

Switzerland has higher adult gun ownership rates than the US, and far lower homicide rates. The same goes for Israel.

The Philippines and Mexico have strict gun controls and have far higher homicide rates than the US.

Handguns are banned in Washington DC and the city has a murder rate of 80 per 100,000. Arlington, Virginia has almost no gun controls and the murder rate is 1.6 per 100,000.

Well over 99% of the guns in the US have never been used in a crime. Less than one US gun owner in 3,000 commits homicide.

See this article for some more interesting facts: http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p.../article/4158/

Also, while there's no direct relationship between gun ownership and gun crime, there's a very definite relationship between gun control and ruling class fears of resistance to its rule (as the article i linked points out).

In Britain, for example, gun controls were introduced in 1920 in response to the threat of Bolshevism. The 1968 Gun Control Act in the US was introduced in large part in response to threat of the Black Panther Party.
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^^^^well said, good post..

I notice, it seems like a trend of American's to try to have a bill passed for every trajedy that occurs. I can understand that in some cases, but it really is out of hand, just take a look at all the bills waiting to be passed through congress to be made into laws. Bills dont stop people from breaking laws, just as the other poster commented, if that lady didnt have a gun, she would have found something else to do the job. Most of these proposed bills
    are a waste of time, a burden on the taxpayer, and like trying to treat a burn victim with Tylenol. People need to be more proactive in their communities and neighborhoods and stop going to Capitol Hill to solve a problem that you
    have with your next door neighbor.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    ? da 13th Amendment, I wanna be able to buy ? .

That was added later man. C'mon. Even that tho was written 150 years ago, and prolly should not need an amendment for slavery anymore I would hope.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah, son. Only Military. Law Enforcement is too close to civilian population and some of them are crooked and demented.

Some countries the police shake people down worse than here.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    See this article for some more interesting facts: http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p.../article/4158/

404 Not Found

Link to an existing article, because some of your "facts" look like ? .
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i should start this by noting that i don't think it's even a given where this gun came from. i think police today were claiming they didn't yet know. but presuming that it's legal:
    and that's why i have to read about outrageous knife crime in these stupid countries where i can't even shoot a gun with a knife
    why don't we try it out and see what happens
    I used to go to gun shows and buy guns, but I got tired of all the sales pitches for ? memorabilia.
    i am straight-up calling ? on this on the grounds that no one who understands the legal functioning of a gun show demands they be closed. it's an argument populated by people who do NOT understand how they work.
    hurf durf slippery slope
    please, the slippery slope argument is valid when you agree with it and not valid when you don't. it's in the Bill of Rights, so if you think you can justify a benefit to the populace by violating it, why don't we proceed further and violate it EVERY time we can justify it?
    If she tried to swing a shovel at three people, nobody would be dead. A gun's not a tool, a gun's a weapon.
    so's a knife. why do we claim that Americans are helpless in the face of inanimate objects? actually, this is the same spoiled attitude that tells us that life should also be perfectly safe and guarantee us 100% security at all times.
    which ones
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You can't spread butter with a gun. The "its just like a knife" argument is so silly as to be laugh out loudable.

And it's hilarious that you think gun show vendors actually follow regulationss when they're the slightest bit inconvenient for them.

And when they wrote the Bill of Rights, guns took five minutes to reload and then might not fire again if a bead of sweat dropped into your powder. "FOUNDING FATHERS FOUNDING FATHERS" is the silliest defense for anything.
  • Niccolò Rossi
    Niccolò Rossi Members Posts: 31
    edited February 2010
    Options
    404 Not Found

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php/site/printable/4099/

Happy?
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im getting an AK 47 as soon as I pay off my Cadiilac. Matter of fact my best friend might be buying me one sooner than that. And he's getting a Saiga.
  • BOSS KTULU
    edited February 2010
    Options

none of this is the source for your other claims, far as i can tell