What has ? done for you lately*?

Options
BiblicalAtheist
BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
What if before everything you thought you thought of ? first? Sounds impossible for sure, who can keep track of all those thoughts. Some of them I'm fairly certain I didn't even "think". I'd have to pay attention to what's going on in my mind to catch all these thoughts and then I'd be reminded to think about ? , but then it's to late because the thought is already had. My other option is to constantly think about ? instead of "other things", and then for sure I'd always be ready to have another thought because before I thought anything I thought about ? .

* whether ? exists or not, whether ? is real or just a mere concept, this is what "? "/? has done for me lately.

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm sure you said something meaningful in that post.icon14.gif
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which ? ?

Jesus ? , ? ? , Elohim, Hashalush HaKadosh, Allah ? , Yahweh ? , Energy?

I can't figure which version of it I want to speak about!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which ? ?

Jesus ? , ? ? , Elohim, Hashalush HaKadosh, Allah ? , Yahweh ? , Energy?

I can't figure which version of it I want to speak about!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just ? . Whatever "? " is, whichever ? "it" is, whether or not "this/that" ? exists, the fact remains ? is on/in the mind.
  • oliverlang
    oliverlang Members Posts: 593
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ? has proven to me he doesn't exist.
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My Lord and savior Jesus Christ woke me up this morning

*Have a blessed day post*
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited February 2011
    Options
    What has ? done for you lately*?

Kept me confident the best is yet to come
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Annoyed me with a pamphlet on my way to work.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well, today he sent Jehovas Witnesses to my door to wake me up at 7:30 in the morning. The first time I try sleeping in for like a year and these son of a ? have to come that day.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oooo-oooo-ooo-oooohhh Yeah!!!
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Oooo-oooo-ooo-oooohhh Yeah!!!

? !!!! You beat me to it!!!!
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited February 2011
    Options
    made dudes angry on the internet.

keep up the good work, ?
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The original post did not make sense. ? does what he wants if he exists. So, the answer is he has done what he wanted to for you lately
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    oliverlang wrote: »
    ? has proven to me he doesn't exist.

This.

Nothing in my life can be attributed to ? . During repeated times I have seen this ? doesn't exist.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited February 2011
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    The original post did not make sense. ? does what he wants if he exists. So, the answer is he has done what he wanted to for you lately

OP did make sense. Maybe think on it for a while, but think of ? first ;). Everyone runs around wondering what they can do for ? , the way I got it figured, and infinite being would be doing for me.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    got me genitally mutilated and called it circumcision
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    thats right thats right
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited February 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    This.

Nothing in my life can be attributed to ? . During repeated times I have seen this ? doesn't exist.

don't think i've ever seen it worded that way

you've SEEN proof for His NON-EXISTENCE but not for His existence?

to answer the thread it would be easier to answer what Allah does not do you for you than to answer the opposite
  • VIBE
    edited February 2011
    Options
    don't think i've ever seen it worded that way

you've SEEN proof for His NON-EXISTENCE but not for His existence?

to answer the thread it would be easier to answer what Allah does not do you for you than to answer the opposite

If ? existed, I should've seen him already. Maybe in spiritual form or maybe just in a blessing, but there's none of that in my life. Everything that's happened in my life is JUST.

It's actually surprising to be honest, because I've gone through a lot of ? . Especially w/ my son when he was born. The first 3 years were horrible, because of what he was born with. You would think that I would be MORE religious, that actually was the turning point of me being LESS religious but still religious sorta (at the time)
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If ? existed, I should've seen him already. Maybe in spiritual form or maybe just in a blessing, but there's none of that in my life. Everything that's happened in my life is JUST.

It's actually surprising to be honest, because I've gone through a lot of ? . Especially w/ my son when he was born. The first 3 years were horrible, because of what he was born with. You would think that I would be MORE religious, that actually was the turning point of me being LESS religious but still religious sorta (at the time)

Ohhh...I see. What happened to your son..if you don't mind me asking?
  • VIBE
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My son was born with:

Hyperplastic Left Heart Syndrome - rare congenital heart defect in which the left side of the heart is severely underdeveloped.

Double Outlet Right Ventricle - A DORV is a very rare congenital heart defect in which both the pulmonary artery and the aorta known as the great vessels -- arise from the right ventricle.

Little dude went through his first surgery at 2 weeks old. He has his last surgery in 2008, 3 between 2006 (born) to 2008. In this time he went through not being able to eat, so he was fed through a tube that was in his stomach. Then he had to go through therapy to walk, crawl etc because he was in a hospital bed so much.

Now he seems like a normal kid, who does everything normal.

I blamed ? and hated ? , then I came to that ? didn't do this and went back to being a "believer". That was a turning point in which I just starting becoming distant w/ religion and ? . I tried to keep it, keep believing etc but now it don't even exist anymore in my mind....
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    My son was born with:

Hyperplastic Left Heart Syndrome - rare congenital heart defect in which the left side of the heart is severely underdeveloped.

Double Outlet Right Ventricle - A DORV is a very rare congenital heart defect in which both the pulmonary artery and the aorta known as the great vessels -- arise from the right ventricle.

Little dude went through his first surgery at 2 weeks old. He has his last surgery in 2008, 3 between 2006 (born) to 2008. In this time he went through not being able to eat, so he was fed through a tube that was in his stomach. Then he had to go through therapy to walk, crawl etc because he was in a hospital bed so much.

Now he seems like a normal kid, who does everything normal.

I blamed ? and hated ? , then I came to that ? didn't do this and went back to being a "believer". That was a turning point in which I just starting becoming distant w/ religion and ? . I tried to keep it, keep believing etc but now it don't even exist anymore in my mind....

I see. Glad to hear that you son is doing fine now. It's a hard process to digest whenever a loved one is going through a situation and we ALL have to wonder and question ? , but I at least understand where you're coming from though. Sometimes it's hard to figure out if you should or shouldn't stick with your faith because of those situations and since yours was a delicate one, I can see why you feel ? doesn't exist anymore in your mind. The faith walk was never a claim to be an easy road to travel on. I'm glad you came to that conclusion that The Most High wasn't to blame.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've noticed that most of the time people tend to become disbelievers in ? it's because they feel like they've been wronged, if you believe that you will be paid in full for all of your deeds (as well as your son) then what's the problem? Especially with how hard his life has been at such a young age do you honestly believe a just and merciful ? won't reward both of you for persevering through that and remaining thankful

and how somebody can say they don't have any blessings and/or have never been blessed but then turn around and talk about how their son has survived all types of surgeries and is completely healthy now is a little bit nuts if you ask me
  • thedesolateone
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I've noticed that most of the time people tend to become disbelievers in ? it's because they feel like they've been wronged, if you believe that you will be paid in full for all of your deeds (as well as your son) then what's the problem? Especially with how hard his life has been at such a young age do you honestly believe a just and merciful ? won't reward both of you for persevering through that and remaining thankful

and how somebody can say they don't have any blessings and/or have never been blessed but then turn around and talk about how their son has survived all types of surgeries and is completely healthy now is a little bit nuts if you ask me

stop sucking gods infinite ? ?
    grow up an leave your imaginary friend behind
    everytime reality sets in you wanna cry that ? is testing you
    your the disease in this sick society
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He's kept me alive and my ass out of jail.
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    he mowed my lawn last week, and i only had to ask him twice. once you threaten to take away his gameboy, ? does what hes told.