Anybody Catch Donell Jones on BET Friday 2/11/2011??

Options
tab58064
tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Maaaaaaaaan.....I've been big-upping Donell Jones for his latest album "Lyrics" for the last 4 months now and Friday dude just totally disappointed me last Friday when he performed "You Know What's Up" on 106 & Park." That dude sounded horrible. Did anyone else catch that performance?? I won't take anything away from his album, but it makes me wonder if he's now nothing more than a studio artist after that vocal disaster/weak performance. I hardly ever watch the show/channel and both me & my wife couldn't wait to see dude put it down, but boy were we disappointed!!

If I can find the video I'll post it, but if any of you saw it post your opinions.

Comments

• Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah, I missed it. He must have had a bad day because I've seen some live videos where he sounded really good.
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah, I missed it. He must have had a bad day because I've seen some live videos where he sounded really good.
    I just read on his Twitter account one of his post that sounded like he has recently had surgery on his tonsils. I guess that explains it......if it's true. LOL!! Still, "f" with that album if you don't have it. Well worth the $$$.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Saw it, it was bad, i hate when artist use the back up track as lead vocals and adlib the entire time. WHERE I WANNA BE is still my goat r and b album

"i wanna love you, every night, every day"
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »
    I just read on his Twitter account one of his post that sounded like he has recently had surgery on his tonsils. I guess that explains it......if it's true. LOL!! Still, "f" with that album if you don't have it. Well worth the $$$.

Oh okay. I'm already knowing. :) I bought Lyrics the 1st week it came out. (Been a fan since '96...I have all of his albums and love every single one. ) What's your favorite song from Lyrics?