Hi my name is Dinky Doo

Options
jackthemack
jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
and I'm a music elitist.

I swear I feel like my taste in music is far superior to most of my peers and it angers me that people listen to such trash. I never wanted to be that guy.

Comments

• Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ive felt like this for a few years now...embrace it
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    real talk
    people like you sicken me
    i got into a semi argument on facebook with a "music elitist" ? about kid cudi
    hoe act like that mumbling ? he does is good music
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    real music elitist understand WAKA FLOCKA FLAMES, so Dinky DOO whats your take on him?
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    real music elitist understand WAKA FLOCKA FLAMES, so Dinky DOO whats your take on him?

Get yo 9-5 Philly Soul afro up outchea bruh

? look like he was in Boys 2 Men in that wedding pic
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    real talk
    people like you sicken me
    i got into a semi argument on facebook with a "music elitist" ? about kid cudi
    hoe act like that mumbling ? he does is good music

Nah I don't like Cudi. Dude is an emo ? to me.
  • The BAPHOMET
    The BAPHOMET Members Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Get yo 9-5 Philly Soul afro up outchea bruh

? look like he was in Boys 2 Men in that wedding pic

leave that in donkey ? , lets be real music scholars and discuss this matter, I got facts on music that'll have you listening with a different tune, tell us what you think of Waka and we can proceed
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Nah I don't like Cudi. Dude is an emo ? to me.

He is a emo ? . Homeboy aint hip hop, he is just black and works with black entertainers. He is the bridge for suburban kids to take strolls outside of hip hop. Folks on his ? because they have not had time to develop their musical palette outside of hip hop IMO
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cudi prolly is hip hop..

but i do know he ? wacc..
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ES-BEE wrote: »
    leave that in donkey ? , lets be real music scholars and discuss this matter, I got facts on music that'll have you listening with a different tune, tell us what you think of Waka and we can proceed

Waka Flocka is terrible music fam.
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    He is a emo ? . Homeboy aint hip hop, he is just black and works with black entertainers. He is the bridge for suburban kids to take strolls outside of hip hop. Folks on his ? because they have not had time to develop their musical palette outside of hip hop IMO

Cosign all this.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I ? with Cudi, but he is that dude for kids who dont really ? with ? other than hip hop and say, "oh he's original and different" Once these kids go out and explore, they'll realize that there are some good versions out there of what dude tries to do. ? it if I sound like an elitist, cause I still listen to his ? ..
  • Kushington
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i really hate when people dont think rap is real music, 99% of them ? couldnt spit a verse if their life depended on it
  • Kushington
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Waka Flocka is terrible music fam.

crunk music....its not mean for artistic dissection, its for the club and the whip
  • Kame
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    i really hate when people dont think rap is real music, 99% of them ? couldnt spit a verse if their life depended on it

real spit...............................
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    crunk music....its not mean for artistic dissection, its for the club and the whip

I can't even cosign. He raps offbeat. His hooks are kind of wack outside that No Hands ?
  • Kame
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Man how far can you go as an elitist though. Are you an elitist if you listen to obscure bands and artists? If you only listen to ? cause it's rated well on some website?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options

this is truth, but for the most part waka is wacc...
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Man how far can you go as an elitist though. Are you an elitist if you listen to obscure bands and artists? If you only listen to ? cause it's rated well on some website?

Usually a lot of elitist listen to obscure bands but that's only cuz its underground and "raw". I'm not like that. I like what I like. I have an eclectic and eccentric taste.
  • Kushington
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I can't even cosign. He raps offbeat. His hooks are kind of wack outside that No Hands ?

yeah he cant really rap but o lets do it, hard in the paint and no hands and some of his other ? all get the job done to me

flocka doesnt try too hard....nobody from so icey tries too hard, thats why u gotta let them have their lane....

none of em are trying to change society or save the world, they just talk ? over hot beats and i think thats just as valid as more artistically inclined artists....its like death metal, for black folks
  • Kame
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Usually a lot of elitist listen to obscure bands but that's only cuz its underground and "raw". I'm not like that. I like what I like. I have an eclectic and eccentric taste.

Hell same ? goes for guys who find out about rappers on the internet. Soon as they got a hit on the radio, fans drop quick..........
  • Kame
    edited February 2011
    Options
    yeah he cant really rap but o lets do it, hard in the paint and no hands and some of his other ? all get the job done to me

flocka doesnt try too hard....nobody from so icey tries too hard, thats why u gotta let them have their lane....

none of em are trying to change society or save the world, they just talk ? over hot beats and i think thats just as valid as more artistically inclined artists....its like death metal, for black folks

^basically it.....
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This thread is in the R&B and Alternatives section. Please explain why. Do you feel like your appreciation for Jazz elevates your taste relative to others?
  • jackthemack
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This thread is in the R&B and Alternatives section. Please explain why. Do you feel like your appreciation for Jazz elevates your taste relative to others?

Idk why they put it in here I made it in GnS.

And hell ya I do think my love for Jazz makes my taste in music far more relevant and important than others. If you don't like Jazz, you don't know music.