Have Justin Bieber's fans gone too far? They attacking Esperanza Spalding now

Options
allreasoned_out
allreasoned_out Members Posts: 2,696 ✭✭
edited February 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Beware the Beliebers!

After obscure jazz singer Esperanza Spalding was the surprise winner in the Grammys "Best New Artist" category -- beating out Justin Bieber, Mumford & Sons, Florence + the Machine and Drake -- Bieber fans went on an Internet rampage.

Angry "Beliebers" attacked Spalding's Wikipedia page, adding insults, taunts and pro-Bieber messages. After the page listed her as "Best New Artist" winner, one fan wrote, "Justin Bieber deserved it go die in a hole. Who the heck are you anyway?" Another fan wrote "Biber 4 Lyfe." By Monday, the page had been scrubbed clean of insults.

Bieber was slightly less confrontational, though he did tell MTV News, "I'm not going to lie -- I was disappointed. But, you know, I'm gonna come back [next year] and we'll take a few home." He also tweeted to his fans, "As for the awards...of course I wanted to win. Its been & still is a dream to win a grammy. Was I upset...yes. But I was happy for her also. Someone said to me tonight its not your successes that define u but your failures. I lost..but I don't plan on this being my last chance."

"I certainly did not expect to even be considered for that type of nomination," Spalding told Entertainment Weekly. "Me being a little old jazz musician and everything."....

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/justin-bieber-fans-attack-esperanza-spalding-after-grammy-upset-2011142

Comments