The Notorious BIG VS Lil Wayne

Options
ItzGravitation
ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
edited July 2010 in The Face Off Forum
Both have good lyircs and appear to be borderline ?
Wayne kisses guys and sucks lollipops and BIG said alot of ? ish in his songs
thats beside the point though....
Tha Carter and Carter 2 were classics. Wayne at his best besides when he did the Drought 3.
BIG has what are considered two classics so they're even on number of classics
Wayne however put in 2pac like work with his mixtapes and was on every song for the past 2 years. He has more f a legacy than BIG

I honestly believe Wayne>>>BIG if you look at both careers with an unbiased eye

Comments

• mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SMH @ appearing to be boderline ? . Is that something yall cats seriously think about? Thoughts like that just never cross my mind.

Getwitcha
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SMH @ appearing to be boderline ? . Is that something yall cats seriously think about? Thoughts like that just never cross my mind.

Getwitcha

i just threw it out there before someone came in here Wayne bashing
    you know dudes on the IC hate on dude
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options

Getwitcha

what are your thoughts on the comparison?
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what are your thoughts on the comparison?

They were 2 different types of rappers. You're going to get your "purist" who come in here and say how dare you compare Wayne to Big and blah blah blah. The way you broke it down was good though. They both in my top 5 of all time, but Wayne still kicking out music while we will never know how good or bad biggie wouldve became.

Getwitcha
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They were 2 different types of rappers. You're going to get your "purist" who come in here and say how dare you compare Wayne to Big and blah blah blah. The way you broke it down was good though. They both in my top 5 of all time, but Wayne still kicking out music while we will never know how good or bad biggie wouldve became.

Getwitcha

but based on all the total amount of work put in who's better?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol last time im commenting on these lopsided comparisons wayne is average at best bigs lyrics stories etc make lil wayne seem like the dude that he lip locks with....big put in mad work for the time he was around 2 solo albums one of which was a double album ,he wrote lil kim jr mafia and most of diddy's first album and a ton of features imo there is no comparison hip hop went down the tubes and wayne blew up that should tell you something write there..idk how rappers are being judged nowadays but this ? is crazy and no big isnt even in my top 10
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    lol last time im commenting on these lopsided comparisons wayne is average at best bigs lyrics stories etc make lil wayne seem like the dude that he lip locks with....big put in mad work for the time he was around 2 solo albums one of which was a double album ,he wrote lil kim jr mafia and most of diddy's first album and a ton of features imo there is no comparison hip hop went down the tubes and wayne blew up that should tell you something write there..idk how rappers are being judged nowadays but this ? is crazy and no big isnt even in my top 10

Wayne work>>>BIGs work
    Wayne's mixtapes>>>BIGs albums
    2 classic vs 2 classics
    Wayne???dude and the first pst proves it
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think both are overrated. Just because you put out a lot of work doesn't mean you're "good". Pac put out a lot of work, but a lot of his music had some kind of message or had to deal with relevant things. Wayne just raps about nonsense and lolipops. But, even though I don't really like him, I'd take B.I.G. over Wayne any day.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    youngnick wrote: »
    I think both are overrated. Just because you put out a lot of work doesn't mean you're "good". Pac put out a lot of work, but a lot of his music had some kind of message or had to deal with relevant things. Wayne just raps about nonsense and lolipops. But, even though I don't really like him, I'd take B.I.G. over Wayne any day.

so Wayne ddnt drop the best mixtapes of 05, 06, 07, 08, and 09?
    who had better mixtaps?
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited February 2010
    Options

Getwitcha
    I'm not a purist in the least, but the comparison is ? ' ? fam. The Lupe one was a stretch, but I can understand it. Wayne? WAYNE?! Do you ? forget that the ? had albums before Carter I(classic) and Carter II(? , really?) and the squad up mixtapes etc? C'mon fam, y'all ? need to stop smokin' the ? wayne smokin'. When Wayne is good, he's REALLY good, but when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. Was always at least average and often great in everything he did. Wayne's polar opposites balance him to being an average rapper on catalog alone. He has too much garbage in there for me to ever rank him that high. He needs to realize that every song doesn't need to be released. It's tarnishing his legacy.
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Its funny how people just keep coming up with the same ol comments about Wayne and his career...but how many actual artist would go on to say he isnt one of the best?..NONE...who will deny the work he put in over the years?....NOBODY. Yall keep sayin he raps about "lollipops" and whatever else yall can come up with, and at times he does rap like that, but has he done that his whole career? NO Dude shows his lyrical ability time and time again but also shows you can have fun with it instead of it being so one-dimensional....If he rapped like everyone else or the other rapper you wished he rapped like...how would he be any different?
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BIG has some garbage songs
    hell every rapper has a bad day
    and if Lupe can be compared to BIG so can Wayne
    afterall Wayne>>>Lupe
    Wayne has more albums than BIG and just as many classics
    cant forget to factor in the classic mixtapes and the proof is in your face
  • a_list
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wayne work>>>BIGs work
    Wayne's mixtapes>>>BIGs albums
    2 classic vs 2 classics
    Wayne???dude and the first pst proves it

ive learned the best way to deal with insane attention ? is just to ignore them and they'll go away
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited February 2010
    Options
    cuttadc13 wrote: »
    Its funny how people just keep coming up with the same ol comments about Wayne and his career...but how many actual artist would go on to say he isnt one of the best?..NONE...who will deny the work he put in over the years?....NOBODY. Yall keep sayin he raps about "lollipops" and whatever else yall can come up with, and at times he does rap like that, but has he done that his whole career? NO Dude shows his lyrical ability time and time again but also shows you can have fun with it instead of it being so one-dimensional....If he rapped like everyone else or the other rapper you wished he rapped like...how would he be any different?

Lil' Wayne is Sam Jackson ? need to stop accepting EVERY thing that comes their way. Being selective isn't a bad thing. some of the ? Wayne releases is just like "? ...why?"
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ive learned the best way to deal with insane attention ? is just to ignore them and they'll go away

so i want attention cuz i know Wayne has surpassed BIG?
    You mad cuz Waynes legacy>>>Christophers?
    you coming off as rather salty and hateful hater
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Lil' Wayne is Sam Jackson ? need to stop accepting EVERY thing that comes their way. Being selective isn't a bad thing. some of the ? Wayne releases is just like "? ...why?"

But thats what makes Wayne so successful at what he does tho, He's not scared to put out everything he records(half the time its not HIM thats leaking it out). ? need to learn how to take chances and experiment with the craft they chose. Your not going to please Everyone every single time, and for those songs that a lot of people dont like, there's always a few who do. Trying different kinds of approaches and a variety types of tracks does nothing but expand the radius of how many ears he can capture. Risky move, but hell...look where it got him.
  • a_list
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so i want attention cuz i know Wayne has surpassed BIG?
    You mad cuz Waynes legacy>>>Christophers?
    you coming off as rather salty and hateful hater

how am i coming off as anything other than someone who judges rappers on actual skills rappers legacy and all that other stuff i cud care less about i didnt know big dont know wayne all i care about is the music so na i aint mad about nothing homeboy and dont hate either.... you coming off as the hater this is like the 4th cat u compared to a rapper who's been gone for almost 13 years now..... whts ya infatuation with big the only thing i can think of is that you think he gets too much props now theres one thing if you think someone is overatted but going out of ya way to prove someone is overratted with these crazy comparisons seems to be salty and hateful...saying wayne surpassed someone who was only around for maybe 4 years is just crazy with wayne being aound for over 10... he did surpass big in albums put out but never is wayne iller than big...im gon let you be shock poster#1 do ya thang homie
  • youngnick
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so Wayne ddnt drop the best mixtapes of 05, 06, 07, 08, and 09?
    who had better mixtaps?

Oh that's why Wayne is better than B.I.G. I forgot Wayne had better mixtapes than him in 05, 06, 07, 08, and 09.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Oh that's why Wayne is better than B.I.G. I forgot Wayne had better mixtapes than him in 05, 06, 07, 08, and 09.

he had more classic albums also
    dont forget that
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ima go with wayne on this 1..........
  • youngnick
    edited February 2010
    Options
    BIG has some garbage songs
    hell every rapper has a bad day
    and if Lupe can be compared to BIG so can Wayne
    afterall Wayne>>>Lupe
    Wayne has more albums than BIG and just as many classics
    cant forget to factor in the classic mixtapes and the proof is in your face

I'm sorry, but this is where any of your opinions in this thread should just not be taken seriously.
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    how am i coming off as anything other than someone who judges rappers on actual skills rappers legacy and all that other stuff i cud care less about i didnt know big dont know wayne all i care about is the music so na i aint mad about nothing homeboy and dont hate either.... you coming off as the hater this is like the 4th cat u compared to a rapper who's been gone for almost 13 years now..... whts ya infatuation with big the only thing i can think of is that you think he gets too much props now theres one thing if you think someone is overatted but going out of ya way to prove someone is overratted with these crazy comparisons seems to be salty and hateful...saying wayne surpassed someone who was only around for maybe 4 years is just crazy with wayne being aound for over 10... he did surpass big in albums put out but never is wayne iller than big...im gon let you be shock poster#1 do ya thang homie

there are plenty of rappers better than BIG
    i just used Wayne cuz he was a random rapper i put in the title
    but then it became obvious Wayne had a better legacy so i posted the truth
    ? coming in the thread talking bout Wayne suck and Wayne rap about lollipops and ?
    yall coming off as haters and salty ass ? cuz yall cant give Wayne his props for being a lving legend whil BIG had to die to be a legend and be considered great
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this is where any of your opinions in this thread should just not be taken seriously.

The Carter and Tha Carter 2 are both Classic
    The Block is Hot was a classic debut
    Food and Liquor was a Classic
    Lupe has great mixtapes
    Wayne has great mixtapes but more mixtapes and greater ones
    Compare the sales of the albums they released and youll see....
    Wayne>>>Lupe
  • youngnick
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The Carter and Tha Carter 2 are both Classic
    The Block is Hot was a classic debut
    Food and Liquor was a Classic
    Lupe has great mixtapes
    Wayne has great mixtapes but more mixtapes and greater ones
    Compare the sales of the albums they released and youll see....
    Wayne>>>Lupe

What does sales have to do with skills? I mean, if you want to go off of that factor, than B.I.G. is better than Wayne by default because he has more records sold...
  • ItzGravitation
    edited February 2010
    Options
    What does sales have to do with skills? I mean, if you want to go off of that factor, than B.I.G. is better than Wayne by default because he has more records sold...

its funny how out of all that i typed thts the only thing you brought up
    i merely just factored in everything
    you want to make it numbers game some feelings might get hurt